Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
HEY. YOU. ALL OF YOU. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 pm
On a side note, should we still keep WTN running?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm
I think we should. Just because we're all still here, even though we all have stuff going on irl.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:54 am
Are we? Look I watched this thread before replying. And other threads. Replies are rare and I know people are on. Yes, we all have stuff going on irl but quite frankly it doesn't seem like many want to take an effort anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 am
The guild isn't actually hurting anything by being here, so I really don't see any point in closing it tbh.

Part of the problem is we do have inactive people, no new members, and the biggest issue, no current new video games. The LOK series is an older one, and while yes they are working on the new game I haven't heard any news of it recently.

I mean yeah we could go on an awesome epic recruitment drive, draw in new people, but in the end what would we talk about? We could start new RPs, but who's left who RPs?

I mean if anyone wants to go for it. I'm totally not against new members, new RPs and the like. (Hell I may open a tarot shop in mini-shops later to see if that helps.)

I do want to keep the guild around to see if the new games help bring us in fresh blood.

(I will admit, part of my problem is I check for activity several days, see none, then get busy irl and when I land back on Gaia I forget to check again till a week later.)

How about this... if anyone starts a new RP, mini shop thread or anything like that I'll send a guild announcement for a while to see if we can get people back in here?  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:17 am
Samt03
The guild isn't actually hurting anything by being here, so I really don't see any point in closing it tbh.

Part of the problem is we do have inactive people, no new members, and the biggest issue, no current new video games. The LOK series is an older one, and while yes they are working on the new game I haven't heard any news of it recently.

I mean yeah we could go on an awesome epic recruitment drive, draw in new people, but in the end what would we talk about? We could start new RPs, but who's left who RPs?

I mean if anyone wants to go for it. I'm totally not against new members, new RPs and the like. (Hell I may open a tarot shop in mini-shops later to see if that helps.)

I do want to keep the guild around to see if the new games help bring us in fresh blood.

(I will admit, part of my problem is I check for activity several days, see none, then get busy irl and when I land back on Gaia I forget to check again till a week later.)

How about this... if anyone starts a new RP, mini shop thread or anything like that I'll send a guild announcement for a while to see if we can get people back in here?

Sam has a point. While I understand that in the past there has been frustration with keeping the guild alive, we all have to remember: Nosgoth is a Part of us.

Doesn't matter how down trodden we can get, or how much real life affects us...Nosgoth is always home. :3

Also, we can pretty much come and go whenever we want so that is a plus too. I do the same when I'm on here. I come in, check stuff, and go about my business. But I don't see why we can't have new roleplays or even do like a little mini shop every now and again.

The roleplays I think would help. I for one still roleplay but not as much on here anymore. Also if anyone wants to check for new images, tumblr has a GREAT selection of LoK stuff in their tags the ******** is great and whenever I've been on there and find something cool to post, they always reblog it, they also put up pretty awesome questions every now and again.

Don't give up hope yet guys. We're all in this together. :3 *nod nod*

Also, ps I love you all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:53 am
Recruitment threads, events, etc, all of that are fun but they rely on guildies being consistent. And for current members to keep posting and doing something. Events are worthless if only two or three post. Between my last post and Sam's reply we are looking at: 5 days, 2 hours and 15 minutes

I'm trying to phrase my thoughts, but as I keep typing I realize there is no way of conveying my message without sounding bitter and hurt by actions a couple of years back. As bringing that up will accomplish nothing I will instead ask these:

1)Who should be held responsible for promoting the guild?
1a) What should said persons or people be doing?

2) What can be done about inactive members?

3)Should we (forgive the pun) revamp?

4)Can Nosgoth rise or is it time to stop deluding ourselves?

Where we end up depends on how these points get addressed. I leave that up to you decide, crew  

Lieutenant Turel

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 am
I have in the past pulled up interest tags and sent invites to everyone who listed legacy of kain as an interest. Kitty I believe did something similar when the guild first opened. I can easily do that again once a week, maybe set Sunday's as my guild work time or something. I do however have two main issues with doing that. I do not want to invite people to a dead guild if no one is posting at all, and I don't want people to say they'll help then vanish into the nether realm never to be heard from again till this topic is brought up again.

I do understand getting busy irl, the past 5 days you've mentioned Turel I've had family stuff followed by a rush to do an emergency costume. When I was on gaia I was posting mostly emotes or eating or drinking tea.

Kitty and a few people created the guild, found everyone, invited them, and got them talking in here. I do think it's wonderful that everyone mentions the guild in forums, but for the crew i would love it if instead of just mentioning they send out invites, that by it's self would go a long way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:17 pm
All right, so you guys are going to send out invites. Not a bad move. You are also having the crew, it sounds like, be responsible for this. I agree with that idea.

What should be done about inactive members then? Many are mule accounts. When I left and took my mules about 1/3 of the guild vanished with that. I'm not spamming the guild with my mules, particularly in terms of members.

You also mentioned people vanishing. I'll agree with how obnoxious it can be when people agree to a role play and then vanish out of the blue, providing no reason why. The last holiday role play I participated in I remember posting and it dying on page four or five after I posted. Do we need to dole out punishments for people who are not participating where they promise to?  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 pm
My issue is...how can you punish people for not participating? That's a bit of a mystery to me. Just...I would find it odd. I get that people might not always want to participate but we can't force them to do it.

I mean...that almost makes it like a dictatorship. Maybe it's just me but I like to think that people will come around but I'd think if we outreached more to new members, sent them all new messages from each of us like: Hi, Welcome, how are ya? Thanks for joining?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 am
Well, I was part of a guild once that got rid of people who were inactive after (x) number of days. It was my fault, to be fair, for not posting even though I was on Gaia with that account everyday. And could easily take one minute out of my day to provide a constructive post. It's not hard.

Something needs to be done. I'm not crew so I can't tell you what to do. I am, however, a concerned member of the guild that is not happy with its state. Should the crew message the inactive people and ask them if they still want to be a part of the guild? Do they care? Did they forget?  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:55 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Well, I was part of a guild once that got rid of people who were inactive after (x) number of days. It was my fault, to be fair, for not posting even though I was on Gaia with that account everyday. And could easily take one minute out of my day to provide a constructive post. It's not hard.

Something needs to be done. I'm not crew so I can't tell you what to do. I am, however, a concerned member of the guild that is not happy with its state. Should the crew message the inactive people and ask them if they still want to be a part of the guild? Do they care? Did they forget?

I think it would be a good idea. Messaging the inactive members would be a good idea, it also all depends on if they will answer

Sending messages is a good place to start.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 am
Good.
I'm not certain, but can you check to see when someone was last active if they are not on your friends list? People who have been inactive from Gaia for months likely aren't returning to Nosgoth?

That might help in messaging  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Good.
I'm not certain, but can you check to see when someone was last active if they are not on your friends list? People who have been inactive from Gaia for months likely aren't returning to Nosgoth?

That might help in messaging

I got in touch with shadowjumpercon and Tabby. :3

Hopefully we'll see a little more activity in the guild soon. They said they'd be willing to help out to get activity flow in again.

Sorry for the delay. I've had a rough couple days.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 am
Should you go for the people with the most recent last post date or the furthest away?

We have 10 people that have made 0 posts. Ever. Should we just eliminate them as I doubt they are going to return?  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces