Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[OOC] God Quest Approvals [OOC] (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:04 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Hyenas
Existing Overlapping Domains: Well.. Any God with a Species-based God-Domain? smile . So Lions.. and Wild Dogs when they are created.
Definition: Hyena - a doglike carnivore of the family Hyaenidae, of Africa, southwestern Asia, and south central Asia, having a coarse coat, a sloping back, and large teeth and feeding chiefly on carrion, often in packs.
Relevance: Hyenas are one out of two of the canine species in SoA that you can obtain as a pet here. They are also one of my favourite canines because they are very intriguing and hold many mysteries. Hyenas in the wild are also considered a Lion's biggest enemy. The Hyena god can watch over the Hyenas of the world and keep them protected.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Martyrs
Existing Overlapping Domains: Sacrifice (possibly a parent domain? Martyrs must sacrifice themselves for a cause); Saviors (overlapping, as some but not all martyrs are considered saviors and vice versa); Revolution (potential overlap, as some martyrs started revolutions); Perseverance (overlapping, given that martyrs persevere in the face of adversity); Apathy (polar, since martyrs can't be apathetic); Salvation (polar; martyrs no can has)
Definition: A martyr is someone who was willing to, and did, give up everything for a cause they believed in. Martyrs always meet tragic ends (usually death, but maybe life imprisonment or slavery).
Relevance: Where there are intelligent beings with strong beliefs, someone has stood for them and paid the ultimate price.

Chimerical Beast

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:33 pm
- Retracted -  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Gypsies
Existing Overlapping Domains: Possibly Thieves, culture, and Wanderlust
Definition: Much the way "Amazons" represents a small culture, Gypsies would represent the Gypsy culture, mentality, and way of life. Troupers, performers, sometimes thieves.
Relevance: There are many creatures who identify as Gypsies in nature, in and outside of Kizi.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Honeybells

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:05 am
- Redacted -  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Hares
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Prey
Definition: The God of hares! Rabbit-like animals that hop about in the wild and whanot. (Note: hares are not rabbits). Represents all hares, including the African Hare, which is a species in the shop.
Relevance: Someone has got to protect the poor lil guys! Always getting eaten and chased by jerk predators. The hares need someone to be their representative and guardian in the big, dangerous savannah.

Approve Me!
Domain: Bones
Existing Overlapping Domains: Maybe NPC Death? Perhaps Animals, and any other species-domains since they all have bones?
Definition: The bones in the body, skeletons out on the savannah, if it's made of bone, it falls under this domain.
Relevance: Well, every living creature is made of bone! Creatures chew on bones and leave skeletons behind when they hunt.

Approve Me!
Domain: The Blind
Existing Overlapping Domains: Sight,
Definition: Those without sight, or technically anything that has less than 1/10 regular vision. I may go ahead and skew this to those that are blind in one eye as well.
Relevance: There must be plenty of SoA that are blind, whether by old age, injury, or who were simply born without sight. They need to have someone to represent them.

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Ancestry
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fathers/Mothers (parent/child), Connections?
Definition: one's family or ethnic descent and bloodlines
Relevance: A great majority of SoA have family and family lines that can be traced back for generations.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:55 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Chase (the chase)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Speed, wind and The hunt. Also possibly Conquest, conflict, chaos, and determination.
Definition: Pursue somebody: to follow somebody quickly in order to catch him or her. OR make somebody run away: to force a person or animal to run away.
Relevance: To hunt and pursue prey, is that not what all people do? The God/ess of chase is constantly pursuing. Prey. People. Objects. To hunt and find them, he/she is the embodiment of that desire.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 am
Approve Me!
Domain: The Motherland
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ancestry, The Past, Unity
Definition: So I figured my goddess rules over the domain of the motherland that is Africa.
Relevance: The Motherland exists because this is an African-themed shop. In African history and culture, there is always the common theme of returning to the motherland. As slavery, trade, etc. spread out many native-born Africans across the globe, they desired to return home to their roots. She exists in every animal's heart, for they are born into Africa. No matter where they may travel, they may always return home to their motherland.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Desolation
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ashes, Hate, Pain, Despair, Apathy, Chaos, Karma, Loneliness, Mischief, Hurricanes, The Nothingness, Negative Emotions, Wrath, Tornaedoes, Lightning, The Desert, Floods, Drought, Landslides
Definition: Desolation is the act to cause such destruction / or the act of a natural destructive force, that it leaves a place empty or bleak afterwards.
Relevance:
Being in Africa natural causes of desolation and destruction wrought by natural causes such as brush fires, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes and ofcourse other gods are sadly a common occurrence.

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:54 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Pregnancy (or more specific; Childbirth)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Mothers, Fertility, Youth
Definition: Pregnancy: The gestation period of a species (does not extend further than the gestation period).
Childbirth: The labour process of mothers giving birth (does not extend further than the labour).
Relevance: Childbirth and pregnancy are both VERY common things in SoA, whether flings or mated couples. The process of being pregnant or giving birth can be very traumatic to some SoA and they may need guidance during the gestation period or the labor process. Everyone needs to remember to breathe!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:55 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Tribes
Existing Overlapping Domains: I'm not really sure there are any? If I were to say some that might possibly overlap I would choose:

Loneliness (polar)
Family (could be child)

Definition: a social group existing before the development of, or outside of, states. Many people used the term "tribal society" to refer to societies organized largely on the basis of social, especially familial, descent group. A customary tribe in these terms is a face-to-face community, relatively bound by kinship relations, reciprocal exchange, and strong ties to place.

Relevance: The God of Tribes could be a protector to small groups travelling in the rogue lands, but could also be called on by Pridal leaders or prides in general as a guardian, mediator, or an advisor. Tribes are relevant to SoA because there are many, many different groups of SoA ranging from prides to aa pair of friends, or a small family.

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:47 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Whirlpools
Existing Overlapping Domains: Oceans, Waterfalls, Water, Surf, Hazards? The Drowned?
Definition: Whirlpools are a swirling body of water produced by two opposing currents, most of them are not powerful but the more powerful ones are called maelstroms. They can sometimes be found at the bottom of waterfalls, and in some rivers, and of course the sea. I am using the definition whirlpool to include Maelstroms. If this is a problem I can change the domain name.
Relevance: They're a naturally occurring phenomenon, and with many prides that live by the sea it is likely they've seen a small one in the sea from far off, as they were exposed to tidal waves and such. Gods that swim a lot ie Bahari'Nswi (God of Fish) would probably be aware of them too. They also have a place in storytelling and folklore.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff