Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]
[EVENT] Feast of Peace (ORP Rogues & Colony) w/prize! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Cajanic generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 44!

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 pm
Manar looked at the female who had joined him- she was pretty, which probably would have been all he needed to chat with her in his youth. He probably would have sprang at the chance to flirt with her, but that was quite a while ago. Thankfully, he had gotten past that kind of attitude. It had caused him nothing but trouble, especially since he was normally rude with the way he spoke to those around him. Ladies, especially, had spent most of their time being furious with him for the way he spoke to them.

They had been fun times, sure, but not without learning experiences.

"Hello," he offered in return, smiling pleasantly, "I hope I'm not getting in the way. I was just watching the fun- it seems like everyone is having a good time." He wondered if she had felt sorry for him, and that was why he had come over. Or maybe she was in the same position he was, and didn't really know who to talk to first. Whatever the case, he wasn't upset that she had decided to come over. He was rather pleased, in fact. Gave him something to do.

"My name is Manar," he added after a moment, "sorry- I should have started with that, right? It's been a while." He laughed lightly. Conversations in the rogue lands were usually quite a bit different.

Seaki

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 16!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 am
His eyes shyly left her nose as a paw came up, clearly Gwarredd had been caught out and it was she who was worried about something. So he had gotten away with it and allowed himself a free pass to look away and take in some more of the crowding area. So many leopards had come to join them in the past moments of chatting, but he'd seemed to have narrowed in on just one. This was not a bad thing, it meant he looked occupied and didn't need further companionship at that point. "Well I'm glad." His laugh had triggered something and before he knew she was laying down, relaxing! It seemed the female had begun to unravel before his eyes, the tension faded and he was left with a very interesting piece.

"No." Gwarredd had moved smoothly into a laying position next to her. He yawned slightly, suddenly realizing how much his traveling had really caught up to him. "I've been to a few events very similar to this. I tend to wander though." He smiled again, turning to face her slightly as she seemed to appreciate the smiles he provided more so than anyone he knew. "What about you? You don't seem to enjoy a crowded place ... so I peg you for wandering with a small group?" He offered, completely pulling ideas from a hole in the ground. Guessing.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 12!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 am
Green Ever After

She watched as other leopards came out of the woodwork like magic and she was glad she had stayed towards the back. As much as she wanted to be social and open it just wasn't something she was up to quite yet. She was content with her one on one with Gwarredd. He had made her forget about why she had been on her hatred streak towards the opposite sex. She knew she couldn't blame every male for how one had treated her, but blame it on youth. She was learning.

She glanced at him as he said he wasn't from around here but that he had been to similar events. This was her first. She really wasn't sure what to expect. "This is the first time I've seen an event like this, let alone partake in one." She looked around at the ever growing numbers and the idle conversations that were happening. At least everyone seemed to be finding a place to sit or someone to talk to. Who honestly liked to be alone? Unless you hated life.

She raised a brow at his next question and statement. He was pretty accurate for pulling it out of the air. "I guess you could say that. I was part of a small group for a little bit when a friendly hybrid accompanied me for a month or two." She was getting used to the large numbers. It really wasn't the fact there was so many around, it was their attitudes she didn't want to deal with. She didn't want to be around those that had nasty tempers or wary ways.

She was extremely glad she had picked a good match with Gwarredd.  
Seaki generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 17!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 pm
Velveteen Angel

Sanii gave a small laugh. Hundreds was a vast overstatement. He counted maybe a dozen in the colony all together, but there were quite a few joining them that were not part of it, so he supposed he could see her exaggeration.

"It does get lonely," he agreed. He'd been in her situation once, but he didn't have any companions. He just wandered aimlessly for a time until he ended up here. It was a little overwhelming to be around so many leopards now! "But the colony will grow."

He gave a slight nod to Hu, acknowledging that the other male did not want to talk, and not wanting to impose on that.

Cajanic

Asha gave a small laugh. "It's quite alright. I'm called Asha," she told him. It had been quite a while since she had not been up in arms about the protection of her group. Her group was quite safe for the time being, and mingling within the colony's lands. She didn't feel as if anything bad would happen tonight. It was a night of peace after all.

"I came over because you were on your own, and it's a celebration," she said. "Everyone's mingling and you were sitting here by yourself and I had no one to talk to." She gave a shrug, a simple rolling movement, explaining why she had come over. "Are you only here for the celebration, or are you part of this colony?"  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:45 am
seaki

"I hope so", she said excitedly. "Imagine how many leopards could be in one place!" She bounced a little on the paws of her feet, before disappearing over to one of the selections of food, grabbing off a chunk of meat and returning to where Sanii was.

"Come eat with us, Hu!" she encouraged, happily, as she motioned for Sanii to take some of the meat as well. She had already snapped off a bit for herself, but there was more than enough for the boys to have some as well.

Hu contemplated ignoring his adopted daughters request, but knew he would never hear the end of it if he did, so he dropped gracefully from the tree branch onto the floor.

He walked passed them, however. "You two enjoy that," Hu said instead, fetching himself a far smaller piece of meat, along with some of the berries that had been collected as well. He would let the young ones eat the big bit of meat, he hardly needed the food to grow anymore.

He wasn't entirely sure that the pair was as young as he thought they were, but to him, everyone seemed young. Especially Ua.

He returned to the pair, but did not sit too close. He wouldn't contribute much to the conversation, it was more out of niceness to Ua that he even left his tree branch.

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 97!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:22 am
AstoriaFallen

Gwarredd wasn't looking anywhere in particular, but soon found himself simply following her eyes, trying to see what she was seeing and get a new experience out of this. It hadn't taken long for her to seem to cozy up to him and he felt his ego gain a bit from that, it was nice to provide something like comfort to those who needed it.

"Oh?" He was rather surprised, it was her first time to an event like this and he was her first choice of companion. A giggle almost spilled from his mouth, he thought he'd look more tough than that, but clearly he looked like a big ol' teddy bear to hug and hold. He was starting not to mind that though. "Well, I'm glad I get to share the experience with you." Gwarredd pulled a larger smile to grow on his lips as he looked at her, he hoped he would not disappoint.

And it seemed disappointing was not on the menu, he hit the nail on the head with his inquiry and as she talked he became further proud of himself. "A small group sounds nice, much nicer than all the crowds a pride can bring." He commented. He didn't hate prides, didn't absolutely love them either. It had been decided that the only way he'd join a pride was if he found himself a lady who wanted too. Gwarredd assumed that a lady special enough to take his heart would be worth it to put himself in a pride.

"Will you be returning to them after this?"

His interest was piqued now, he wanted to know more, what if he had just found a place to be when he wasn't enjoying these pride meals and sampling the company it brought.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 32!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 am
She noticed his surprised expression about her answer. Was it that odd that she hadn't been involved in such a thing? She thought about it for a moment and assumed that maybe it did seem a little weird. She never just had the opportunity to get to such things and her family had always been moving and then she had up and left when everything had happened like it did. But that was in the past and there wasn't anything to be done about it now. She watched as his smile grew large and she couldn't help but smile back, it was contagious, he was contagious.

"I'm glad I chose well." She said with a wink. She was surely coming into herself now. She hadn't been able to do that in such a long time and she was beginning to appreciate the fact she had decided to wander this way. Who knows what she would have missed out on.

She nodded her head in agreement, she definitely enjoyed the smaller crowds versus the larger ones. She was indifferent overall, if she had to think about it. She was sure she could like a pride if they had enough decent members. She just wasn't too keen to being around those that like to cause trouble or had nasty attitudes. She'd best keep her paws clean from the likes of those types.

"I was going to travel a little bit more and then make my way back in a few days." She said trying to imagine where she might go after this. She was trying to find herself again and get away from herself almost and she seemed to be doing much better than she had used to be. "what of you?"

Green Ever After

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 36!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:12 am
It seemed the longer that they carried on this conversation the more open she was becoming. This truly was an experience that Gwarredd would never forget, he was changing someone, and apparently for the better. His smile stayed put, how could it leave when her smile was contagious in return. The ripples of happiness were rapidly growing and he couldn't remember the last time he enjoyed spending time with someone like this.

The wink was it, he was totally caught off guard by it, but pleasantly so. It was moments like those that he had came back with a cocky response, but he was simply glad. He spent a few moments thanking whatever Gods had urged this leopardess his way.

"Traveling is in my blood, so I will more than likely continue doing so." He paused, considering a question that had popped into his head a couple times now. What on earth could the damage be if he asked. "Would you.. like to travel together?" His nerves had begun, all he could do was stare ahead now and act as though he had asked out of common interest, but the blush on his cheeks would show otherwise.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 28!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 am
Silence radiated between them for a few moments but it wasn't that awkward kind of silence that made people uncomfortable. It was the kind that just allowed you to enjoy the presence of another and she looked around at the growing numbers and she looked back over towards him as he mentioned that travelling was in his blood. There was nothing wrong with that, she wondered where he might travel too, perhaps she could tag along? She really hadn't felt a connection like this towards someone in a very long time, minus Hadeth, but she was different, whatever THIS was, was different.

"Where do you think you might go?" She asked in response and then she kind of stared at him in silence for a moment as he asked if she wanted to travel together. It was as if he almost read her mind and she couldn't help but smile and she nodded her head in excitement. "I would like that very much." She hadn't enjoyed the company of the opposite sex in such a long time, except for Yamir but he had caught her in the middle of her emotional breakdown and had so kindly talked her confidence up. She wondered if that male he was chasing ever relented to his advances.

For whatever reason he had built up her confidence again and she was glad, more than ever, that she had found herself walking towards him when he had first exited the forest. "Would you like to accompany me for some food?" She was hungry and she had noticed some others getting some fresh meat and she couldn't help but want to join in now and fill her empty stomach.

Green Ever After

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 89!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 am
The comfort that had seemed to grow between them stayed steady, silences between chatter was enjoyable and the chatter was enjoyable as well. There wasn't many to be found that could share such a joy with Gwarredd and he found himself simply put ... happy. He was even more overjoyed when she had readily accepted his question to travel together. It must have been somewhere in the back of her mind, because he had expected to have to wait for a response.

"Food ..." He muttered softly as she inquired about them going to grab some. He had not realized the extent of his hunger until his stomach growled profusely. "I would love to accompany you for some food, I apologize for my stomachs interruption." He laughed.

Giving her a moment to get up he soon followed suit. "Ladies first." He offered, that smile still glued to his maw.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 2!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 am
She giggled as his stomach grumbled hungrily and she smiled as she looked down at it placing her paw over her mouth. "So it seems your stomach agrees." She stood up and she looked over at him briefly before turning her attention towards the feast area. She smiled as he said ladies first and she padded forward looking back behind her to make sure he was coming. She was beginning to like that she had decided to show her face for this feast.

"So, where did you travel from to get here?" He had said that he had travelled around but had never from where he had come from. Did he have a place? Everyone she had happened to run into was either going somewhere or was just wandering around seeing what they can. "If you don't mind me asking." She didn't want to step on toes or anything so she understood if he didn't want to talk about it.

Green Ever After

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 55!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:28 pm
"My travelings have taken me good stretches across primarily Roguelands, but I have participated in another Leopard prides festivities." Gwarredds train of thought stopped at that, he was trying for the life of him, to remember the prides name he had visited previously. "I cannot remember the name, but beyond that my time has been spent with my Mother and than wandering. Our home has always been the Roguelands and so my goal has been to find a place to belong."

There. His true life goal was put out in the open air and caused the blush that had started to fade to return full force. He wanted to find someone, someone to love and cherish, someone to share a path in life with and someone to settle down with. He had been wandering for ages and had left his Mother for his goals. Where she was now, he could not say. At that moment he chose to focus on the meal spread out in front of them, he did not want to ruin their moment with a sad thought.

"How about this spread?" He asked, though his smile had faded due to over thinking, it now returned when the thought of food over came that. Gwarredd stayed behind Anju, but ensured he stayed close, he had seen her look back almost as if he would choose this moment to escape. Once nearer the meal it was all he could think of, the food smelled divine.

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 60!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:42 pm
She listened as he spoke about his travels and she had found that she had only ran across one other pride besides this one. Other than that she had found herself in the rougelands primarily. She listened as he talked about partaking in other festivities and she wondered if they were like this one. "That sounds exciting, are they all like this?" The only other thing she had witnessed was a pride arguing about whether or not to keep some hybrid babies. She had found that outrageous.

She perked her ears as he spoke of his mother and she looked at him as he said he was primarily looking for a place to belong. She could feel him on that one, she wanted to belong, more so to belong to someone than a place. If you had someone you just needed each other. At least that's how she looked at it. She noticed his silence and figured they could talk about something else and he opened the topic about the food. She smiled and looked at all the choices. "This is the most I've seen in one stop in forever."

She really didn't know what to grab so she grabbed the closest piece of meat and looked around for a spot to sit. She noticed one not to far away and gestured for him to follow her once he found his choice piece. She sat down and set the meat before her. "This looks like a good spot as any.".

Green Ever After

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:25 pm
Velveteen Angel
User Image

Match my number to win! (RNG between 1 - 10)
You MUST RP in your post, or your roll will be invalidated.

Hu
User Image

Hu, noticing that many had stopped now to eat and converse, rose to his paws once more. Giving his daughter a quick but affectionate nuzzle atop her head, he moved again towards the center tree. With one quick bound, he had reached the treetop branch.

Again he addressed the growing masses.

"The colony thanks you for your attendance," Hu spoke, voice booming. "For those that are interested, we have one more act, beyond feasting, that we invite you all to participate in."

Hu, personally, thought it was a stupid tradition, but it was usually done to amuse the cubs. Though there was none there today, he still knew he would be complained at if he didn't.

He motioned to the side of the feast, where small rocks had been piled beneath a fruiting tree. "It is a sign of fertility that our trees blossom with fruit each season," he continued. "To bring the fertility of the forest, and the strength of it's branches upon you, take up one of the rocks and throw it to the tree. If a fruit falls, the forest will favour you this season."

It was killing him to say it. It was a tradition that was long before him, but as a scholar, it made him cringe. There was no proof that it would cause better health or anything to anyone who participated, but still.

He jumped from the tree, to go first. Lifting a rock in his mouth, he threw it towards the branch.

Two plump fruit fell at his paws. He huffed a little. Great, fertility. Just what he needed.

Ua bounded to her feet to be the next in line to try.
"My turn!" she said, delighted. She had always loved this tradition. While she was raised with Hu's mindset, hers was not as strict as his in the ways of the scholar. She liked the idea that the forest would be fruitful and give favour to her.

She picked up one of the rocks, hurling it into the tree. It missed all the fruit, but bounced off one of the branches, letting loose one of the over-riped and barely hanging on fruit. It fell at her paws with a weird splat noise.

She blinked, and shrugged. "Yay, fruit!" She said instead, knowing her favour would be minimal from the forest.

Velveteen Angel

Velveteen Angel generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 pm
((OOC: I'm clever.))  
[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out