Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Canadian Conventions
Otafest (May 2025) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 pm
smithers456
KayaLing
OTAFEST 2016 IS LITERALLY NEXT WEEK!!!

I will be cosplaying as:
gaia_star Thursday/Early Pick Up - swag Riku (Kingdom Hearts 2)
- I am part of a casual KH group.
gaia_star Friday - Akatsuki Itachi (Naruto and Naruto Shippuden)
- I will have a Sasuke with me.
gaia_star Saturday - Zexion (Kingdom Hearts)
- I am part of a Castle Oblivion group.
gaia_star Sunday - Master Riku in his KH2 attire (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
- I am part of a KH3D biggrin DD/post-DDD group.

If you see me, come say 'hi'! ^_^

Kaya,

I can't wait to hear how this con goes for you. You will certainly be busy. Some day I want to cosplay Sasuke! As a Cosplay Photographer it would be cool to take photos of the groups that you are in. post pics. smile

I am super excited, especially since we have a new Roxas/Vexen for our KH group, even if we officially already have another Roxas, which I'm sure he's not able to make it to this Otafest anyways, so hooray for another Roxas! biggrin The more, the merrier, right?! Plus my Kairi is staying over at my place for the first time. We are going to have so much fun with cosplay shenanigans mostly.

And yup! I will be busy! cat_3nodding

Maybe one day, you can attend Otafest and/or I can attend an American convention that you go to.

I'll try to post pictures in the Guild when I can. Of course, you could always check out my cosplay Facebook page for most pictures of my cosplays. Pictures of group cosplays are generally found on my Instagram, which is linked to my Tumblr and personal cosplay page anyways. Pictures of my KH group are mainly found on our KH cosplay page, Alberta KH Cosplayers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:55 pm
UPDATE!!!

gaia_angelright Otafest Aurora now has it's own website that is separate from Otafest's website.
gaia_angelright Otafest Aurora is on November 4-5, 2016.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:09 pm
Well, I totally forgot to officially announce my official cosplay lineup for Otafest 2017 in this thread. Better now than later, right? XD

User Image
User Image

gaia_crown Cosplayer: C-World Productions
gaia_crown Photographers: Mudkip | LimitlessDreams Art and Cosplay
gaia_crown Events: Calgary Expo 2017 | Otafest Rock The Hill
gaia_crown Note: The teen Noctis cosplay is just a cosplay contest. The wig in picture is not the proper wig (it's actually my 20 year old anime Noctis wig XD). I'm getting the proper wig for it from my friend right before Otafest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:15 pm
UPDATES!!!

gaia_angelright Otafest is turning 20 years old in 2018.
gaia_angelright Otafest 2018 is happening during May Long Weekend (May 18-20) of next year. It is still at the Telus Convention Center though.
gaia_angelright Since time to plan for Otafest 2018 is shorter and Otafest is turning 20 years old next year, Otafest Aurora will not be happening in 2017.
gaia_angelright Leading up to Otafest 2018, there will be small events in celebration of its 20th birthday.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 pm
UPDATES!!!

gaia_angelright Otafest Aurora is not happening until further notice.
gaia_angelright Otafest will continue to happen during May Long Weekend at the Telus Convention Center.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:49 pm
UPDATE!!!

gaia_angelright The next Otafest is happening on May 15-17, 2020, with a cafe/sweets/maid-ish theme!

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:53 am
UPDATE!!!

gaia_angelright Due to the whole COVID-19 situation, Otafest 2020 will not be happening this year. Otafest has now been postponed until May 21-23, 2021. See this link for details.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 am
UPDATE!
gaia_angelright Due to COVID still, Otafest 2021 has been cancelled. This time, attendees get a full refund or the option to have their admission fee donated to Otafest. There is also no set date yet for Otafest 2022. See this link for details.
gaia_angelright While Otafest 2021 (the 3 day event) is cancelled, it's having a one day live-streamed event on May 22, 2021. See this link for the Facebook event for it.
gaia_angelright Link to Otafest's Snapchat has been added to the first post.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:51 am
UPDATE!
gaia_angelright Otafest’s Discord and TikTok have been added to the first post.
gaia_angelright Otafest 2023 was Otafest’s 25th anniversary.
gaia_angelright At Otafest 2023, $30,000 was raised for the MEOW foundation, which is a cat-focused pet adoption and humane society charity. Normally, the yearly charity goal of $5,000 gets doubled, but this is the first time that the goal was broken at a huge amount! Otafest is a non-profit anime convention and is known to support a local charity each year through Angel Pass sales, Maid/Butler Cafe ticket sales, Charity Auction, Sketch Drive, and more!
gaia_angelright Otafest 2024 is on Mother’s Day weekend, which is May 10-12, 2024. There will be a special ‘my spawn chose Otafest over me’ pin for the first x-amount of moms, which includes traditional moms, con moms, dad moms, moms to be, and other kinds of moms.
gaia_angelright Due to Otafest 2022 and Otafest 2023, it is HIGHLY recommended to pre-purchase your weekend ticket or day specific pass online through Otafest’s website. These two Otafests got sold out, which is a first in Otafest’s history!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:29 am
I’ve been behind posting in the Guild, but here’s a recap of my cosplay lineups and what not for the past two Otafests.
gaia_star Otafest 2022: I cosplayed as Mammon (Obey Me!) in his casual outfit and Kisuke Urahara (Bleach) in his shopkeeper outfit. I hosted 2 Obey Me! panels, where one was my first 18+ panel.
gaia_star Otafest 2023: I cosplayed as Riku (Kingdom Hearts 3), Kisuke (Bleach) in an updated cosplay from last year, and Mammon (Obey Me!) in his casual outfit. I also participated in Fashion Showcase as Kisuke. I didn’t win anything, but it was still fun! I also was the one who brought a well meaningful floral arrangement and a Pokémon figurine for my late friend’s Memorial in the Manga Library.

Now, for Otafest 2024:
gaia_star I already know which cosplays that I’ll be wearing, which are Silver (Twisted Wonderland) in his Ceremonial Robes, Riku (Kingdom Hearts series) in some shape or form, and Sabrina (Pokémon: SoulSilver). Sabrina will be worn on the Sunday while the other two are still to be placed on a day.
gaia_star I’m also co-organizing a Tribute Cosplays meetup/photo shoot on the Sunday for a dear friend, who had passed away on April 25, 2023. That’s the late friend, who I had mentioned earlier.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Canadian Conventions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash