Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Camilla LeBeaux (Undead/Vampire) [READY] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Illeander

Sweet Connoisseur

12,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:18 pm
DarkHeartedSorrow
Well, that is disappointing, but at least now I know why I never got a response about it being accepted. I submitted her last March... I didn't realize that was an issue at the time, and I participated in the Open House event. Can you tell me how a person can win a slot?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:26 pm
Illeander

In order to get this specific character you'll have to win a custom slot. Custom slots are generally won through free raffles during big RP events (there are almost ALWAYS custom slots during RP events) or through Newbie/Veteran nominations. Nominations are when people vote for the newbies or veterans that they think really deserve a character. These are also done during RP events.

Roughly once or twice a year there are also bribes. Most often they're RL bribes and multiple artists will be accepting offers.

There's also the rare chance that a quest will be quest-fairy'd. That's just when the staff go through the quests and pick one they really like to make it official.

Then once you get a slot you can change this to enrollment and submit it for acceptance and an artist will make your official art.  

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Illeander

Sweet Connoisseur

12,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:57 pm
DarkHeartedSorrow

I didn't think you could do RP events if you didn't have an accepted character?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 pm
Illeander
DarkHeartedSorrow

I didn't think you could do RP events if you didn't have an accepted character?

TiH is amazing because the GMs allow quest characters to participate in the metas we have. Not EVERY event allows quest characters, but the big metas nearly always do. There will be announcement for these events with info on quest character participation.  

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Illeander

Sweet Connoisseur

12,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 pm
DarkHeartedSorrow

Awesome! Thank you for letting me know. I totally want to participate in the next big event!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:56 pm
Illeander

To clarify-
She could have been human at one point! However, she would have 0 memory of her human life, or any ties to it. At most, she'd have emotional or vague feelings about certain things, IE a fear of worms, a love of certain colors, affection for animals. The main thing is that if prior they were human they do not recall this, and would never know their human lives/selves. So a human history is rather moot to develop past 'they liked X things, so that's why they like X things now'.

On QF/Quest fairy/Events/Customs- We typically encourage newbies to come join us in RP events where quests are allowed to be played as we want to get them to play! Being active in thread is one thing, but what really gets us invested isn't just a good quest or thread activity, its making attempts to enter contests, RP events and the like! We don't accept or 'stamp' quests any longer, as it's lead to confusion and whatnot, so typically, a GM or reg will offer crits as they like to help others, but it's not mandatory. Quests in events often have very key limitations- such as no natural forms, nor abilities, and no FEAR attacks. In such events we focus mainly on if a player is active, invested in their character, and is being just A++ star player. AKA: YUR A GOOD PPLZ. With Christmas upcoming, we will likely have an event with quests allowed for RP soonish, though, unsure as to what extent yet.

Hope that helps a bit!  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Illeander

Sweet Connoisseur

12,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:25 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Thank you, that is super helpful. I'm excited to take part in the Christmas event.  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff