Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Uno?
  New
  Old
View Results

silent_prophecy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:37 am
I loved the old Dumbledore. He fit the part perfectly in my opinion. The new Dumbledore is too hurried, as someone else said, and he seems a bit harsh. I thought he was going to choke Harry in the GOF when he asked (shouted) if Harry put his name into the Goblet. Did anyone else notice the abundance of nonsensical violence in the GOF movie?..especially with Snape when they all were studying? Anyway, the new Dumbledore just makes the settings more tense..it might be his booming gruff voice, it might be the way he hardly ever moves his upper body, or it might just be my paranoia that hes going to hit me with his cane at any oppertune moment..I don't know..but I do know that the old Dumbledore was and is the only real Dumbledore in my book.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:54 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Nachttoter

twiinkiie92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:19 am
idk, becuz the old one was what i pictured dumbledore to be like [personality and all], the new one is very different but i like him too for some reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:15 pm
I like the new one because I'm able to understand him more. Not to mention I've seen him more in the movies.  

FinalChaos27

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:51 pm
DevilForgmasterOfDracula
I like the new one because I'm able to understand him more. Not to mention I've seen him more in the movies.
what movies? the new dumbledore is a dumbass, the old one had a certain wisdom to his being in the third movie if you look at the his hands in the third movie he has long fingernails that are all gross and dirty, and besides he just looks like a dumbass i think he is a terrible actor, i beleive the guy who played gandalf and magneto would have done a much better job.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:46 pm
i used to get mad at my dad for criticizing micheal gambon because i thought he was pretty good in PoA. he was alright in GoF but he is a little too harsh for me. I watched CoS the other day and i remembered how much i liked richard harris as dumbledore. ian mckellan played gandalf and magneto by the way.  

elfnprincess

mscarrieb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:22 am
I prefer the old Dumbledore, the new one just doesn't seem to fit the character as well or understand the depth of his character. Plus, the strangling of Harry? Where to even begin...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:27 am
mscarrieb
I prefer the old Dumbledore, the new one just doesn't seem to fit the character as well or understand the depth of his character. Plus, the strangling of Harry? Where to even begin...
yeah his character was more than a bit off, he never got mad at harry or anything in the books he was always calm.  

[Hollow Point]

[ Voldemort ]

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:45 pm
evy_goddess
white_tiger768
I just wanted to know which Dumbledore people liked best the old one (in the 1st and 2nd movies) or the new one? (3,4 and howmany ever they will make with him) I like the new one because i think he's is more energetic than the old one. But that may because of the age. But that's just me. I just want to know which one people prefered.
The old one was more Dumbledore in my opinion, despite the lack of energy which is to be understood. sweatdrop
instead of dancing alone -

i agree. 3nodding
i think the richard harris is more "dumbledore" because he was the first one. -shrugs- he's the one was have come to associate dumbledore with.
i think the new one, what's his name? miachael gabon? :/ would look more like harris' dumbledore if not for the deliberate change in the look. gabon didn't want to copy or try to take harris' place. he knew he had some big shoes to fill, and i think he has done so quite well, in his own way. smile

- i should be dancing with you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:32 am
Kawaii-Star
gonk New Dumbledore is tired,and he does eventually turn out that way..

but we're only on the 4th here!

There's the problem: He's only in 4th year. In the books, Harry doesn't see this side of Dumbledore (the flawed side) until about the end of fifth year and into sixth year. What happens in the movies then? What new aspects can they bring into the actor to make his character change? At the end of the fourth book, Harry sees Dubledore in control and in his element. he stands up to Fudge and he calls up the Order again in a matter of hours (though harry doesn't know that.) He's perfectly in control and he takes everything like a leader should - in stride. The new Dumbledore in the movies is more reckless and angry towards Harry and . . . very flawed. Harry sees the flaws sooner. Harry and Dumbledore don't have a very close relationship in my eyes. Dumbledore is far less trusting, especially after how he completely ran after Harry when the goblet spat out his name.

To make a long story short: How will the directors change Dumbledore and Harry's relationship in the next two movies? What's going to happen to Dumbledore's personality now?  

~+is_Kaytee+~

[priori.incantatem]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:21 pm
Hermione__Granger
old one: he was more like the book way
the new one just makes dumbolr(sp?) look crazy...hes way to wild...
yup...and it's dumbledore(how could you not know that?)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:25 pm
I definitely prefered the old Dumbledore. He was exactly how I had imagined him. The new one just doesn't seem like Dumbledore.  

Kana.Emiko

thaosays

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:08 pm
I MISS RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 pm
i like the old oe better because he was more original and it is because he wasnt energetic that made him cooler than the new one.  

sandflea

Alemontes

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:08 pm
i like the first one.  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items