Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:08 pm
"Me?" Jeraha laughed, "no, I suppose I'm not normally hopeful. But it seems like it's true, in this sense, so it's fine to go with it." He didn't really know how to explain himself. He wanted to help her but he didn't want her thinking he was only saying things to cheer her up and that he didn't believe them.

That wouldn't go well for either of them.

"Most would say I'm too grumpy to be hopeful," he commented thoughtfully, his voice as indifferent as ever, "but maybe I picked up a thing here and there."

Being with a lioness and a family had helped changed his views on a lot of things. But he wondered if it was really that noticeable? Oh man, he was a total softy.

He frowned.

Roxy_roxanna2

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:31 pm
She watched the expressions flit across his face and then laughed lightly. His voice was cool but his words had been warm, yet it seemed he disliked untruth as much as she did. There was a bluntness in honesty that some might call pessimistic, she couldn't see it that way. Every lion had to do what they could and that was all sometimes it all worked out and sometimes it didn't. Obviously whatever path her life had been on hadn't worked out well or she wouldn't be here now.

"You don't seem grumpy to me, just truthful. I appreciate it, truth that is, there's no point in trying to sweeten life sometimes you just have to take it as it is."

She glanced at his frown and couldn't help but smile.

"Ah, that helps you look grumpier, more intimidating...it's a good tactic."

She tried to imitate his frown and her scowl was surprisingly fierce her stark washed out colors only made for darker shadows when she pretended to snarl. Her features smoothed again into neutral and she glanced at him.

"Think I could manage to stave off any trouble next time?"

Cajanic

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:58 pm
Jeraha was a bit surprised- it was rare when someone else felt the same way as him about things. But he was glad to know that she didn't think everything needed to be rainbows and sunshine all the time, either. Sometimes it was better to just be honest about things, even if it was a little painful. Of course, sometimes he would rather take things to the grave than share them, but it was a case by case kind of thing. He would be honest when he needed to be, and keep things to himself the rest of the time.

But he wouldn't try and uplift someone if he didn't find truth behind his words. Offering someone false hope was probably the worst thing a lion could do, wasn't it?

"Well, you're one of the only ones to think I'm not grumpy," he chuckled faintly, "I'm pretty sure even my last mate thought I was a cranky lion." He frowned a moment, wondering why he had brought that up, and continued forward.

At least she thought his frown looked grumpy. That helped.

He watched as she attempted to look mean as well, refraining from laughing despite finding the whole thing amusing. "That wasn't bad," he informed her with a nod, "I think you would scare off even the mightiest lions with a glare like that. If only you were a little bit bigger."

Roxy_roxanna2

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm
Snow blinked and glanced at him for a brief moment half curious about what had happened to his last mate. She decided it wouldn't be prudent to pry for a number of reasons. Firstly she was thankful and had some respect for this male, he was offering her the company and stability that made the entire uncertainty of her existence tolerable. It would hardly be right to start poking around and asking him about sensitive issues.

Instead she gave a little sneer and then smirked at his comment about her size. Compared to him of course she was petite! Then again she was pretty small even compared to other females.

"Surely you wouldn't merely judge an opponent based on size? I could probably be quite the monkey on someones back if they went after someone I wanted to defend!"

She blinked for a moment and fell silent there was something there like the ghost of a thought. She shook her head and kept moving whatever it had been it was gone when she made the attempt to focus on it.

Cajanic

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 pm
Jeraha noticed her change for a moment, the male frowning. No doubt it was troubling her again that she couldn't remember anything about her past, even when it seemed her subconscious was more aware of things than she was. Surely she had others she cared about and wanted to defend. It wouldn't have been so easy for her to say that if it weren't true.

"You'll remember your past, don't worry," he told her, though he wondered if that would make him seem like a hopeful lion again.

Ah well, his reputation was already pretty much shot with her, anyway.

"why don't we see how far along we can go before finding a place to rest for the night? If anything comes to mind, or if something seems familiar, we can stop and explore a little." He wanted to be helpful, but this situation was entirely knew to him. He wasn't sure if he was helping her at all, really.

Roxy_roxanna2

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces