Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Back to Guilds

A group for the young and old of Gaia to reminisce and hang out. 

Tags: Gaia Online, Geezers, Nostalgia, Discussion, Old Members 

Reply Old Geezers of Gaia Unite
Let's Talk Tea! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaho_chan

Supportive Junior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 pm
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
I like black tea the most, I can drink it pure or with milk~ whee

Do you guys like cookies/cakes with tea? 4laugh

I love Windmill cookies with my tea. They're shortbread cookies with almonds and ginger in them, so they're nice and crunchy. whee

I also like scones with tea with butter or clotted cream. heart

I heard macaroons go good with tea too? xp
scoooones~ with creeam emotion_drool

Oooo, macaroons. emotion_kirakira

I also like cake. My mom makes a cassata cake that goes great with tea. It's a white cake with custard and fruit (usually strawberries) in between the layers and whipped cream frosting. So good with a milder tea, like green or jasmine.

I love matcha as a flavor like ice cream and kitkat wink
But I just can't take it in as tea sweatdrop I don't know why...
Ooooh, I love my usual blueberry cheese cake and black tea but I can also go with flavored ones, like mint, which is very refreshing 3nodding

I'm not as big on mint in general, so I tend not to drink mint tea. sweatdrop I'm more of an herbal girl. Sadly, though, the only place by me that sells herbal tea is Teavanna, and I don't want to spend that much on tea.

Me too~ only Chinese restaurants here serve tea... I tried buying twinnings from the supermarket, are they good? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:04 pm
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan

I also like cake. My mom makes a cassata cake that goes great with tea. It's a white cake with custard and fruit (usually strawberries) in between the layers and whipped cream frosting. So good with a milder tea, like green or jasmine.

Ooooh, I love my usual blueberry cheese cake and black tea but I can also go with flavored ones, like mint, which is very refreshing 3nodding

I'm not as big on mint in general, so I tend not to drink mint tea. sweatdrop I'm more of an herbal girl. Sadly, though, the only place by me that sells herbal tea is Teavanna, and I don't want to spend that much on tea.

Me too~ only Chinese restaurants here serve tea... I tried buying twinnings from the supermarket, are they good? sweatdrop

Never heard of Twinnings.

I tend to go to my local Asian Grocery Store. Good tea, good price. Sadly, they don't have any herbal tea.  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Kaho_chan

Supportive Junior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:14 pm
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan

I tend to go to my local Asian Grocery Store. Good tea, good price. Sadly, they don't have any herbal tea.

I think the only herbal tea I had tried is ginger tea... That time when I had a sore throat sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 pm
There's a T2 in town which sells a lot of different teas. I really like their scented/flavoured teas. I get my green tea imported from China though ... my family keeps buying me tea. smile  

Chinazaur

Cluttered Dabbler

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Junior Trader 100

Kyoko1010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 pm
Twinnings is decent. My favourite right now is rooibos or chamomile, so relaxing and delicious. I also enjoy ginseng tea and jasmine and oolong and other herbal teas biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm
Twinings is okay, from what I remember.

Someone mentioned mint tea a page back, which I can't stand - something about it is just too cutting for me.

Don't usually eat anything with my tea either....I was taught that anything sweet would ruin my flavor perception of the tea, although some teas are so bitter that I just can't help myself. ;n;

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan
sailorstar165
Kaho_chan

I think the only herbal tea I had tried is ginger tea... That time when I had a sore throat sweatdrop

You may have had chamomile tea as well. I've found that Chamomile and Ginger are the two most common herbal teas besides Rooibus (AKA "Red Tea").

I like flowery herbal teas, like lavender and hibiscus.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:16 pm
As mentioned before, Adagio Teas has an excellent selection of green, white, oolongs, black, herbals, and flavored teas. While most of the tea they sell is loose, they do sell sachets and bags. They also have a wonderful section where you can choose "fandom blends," which is basically a mixture of tea created with a certain idea in mind, like Watson from Sherlock, or something.

Twinnings is pretty good for tea, so I think. I've only ever gotten their loose gunpowder, so I'm not too sure.  

Adrien Reine

Invisible Informer

14,500 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:18 pm
Kyoko1010
Twinnings is decent. My favourite right now is rooibos or chamomile, so relaxing and delicious. I also enjoy ginseng tea and jasmine and oolong and other herbal teas biggrin

I just looked them up. I can order from them online, so I may get tea from them now, lol. Though, it looks like all tea bags and no loose leaf...

Another good place is "Jungle Jim's." It's this HUGE grocery store that you can spend HOURS in, and they've got a rather nice tea section (and a whole section of different kinds of honey, and a whole section of snacks that go good with tea).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 pm
Adrien Reine
As mentioned before, Adagio Teas has an excellent selection of green, white, oolongs, black, herbals, and flavored teas. While most of the tea they sell is loose, they do sell sachets and bags. They also have a wonderful section where you can choose "fandom blends," which is basically a mixture of tea created with a certain idea in mind, like Watson from Sherlock, or something.

Twinnings is pretty good for tea, so I think. I've only ever gotten their loose gunpowder, so I'm not too sure.

I've seen Adagio and I'm always tempted to get a fandom blend, but they always seem to be out of the combinations that actually sound good...

It seems like every time I go to look, they're out of the tea I like. D:  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:26 pm
Another point for Adagio - they will often offer $5 off discounts for new customers. I actually just got a coupon today when I went to visit the site, even though I've ordered from them before.

I've never ordered a fandom blend so I can't verify how good any of them are, but the smell of the mocha nut mate alone is lovely (especially because I'm a big coffee drinker as well, lol). My friends also seemed to like the mango varieties.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:12 am
I like many teas like:

*Green Tea
*Jasmine Tea
* English Breakfast tea
*Chocolate Rooibos tea  

cutereader86

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kyoko1010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am
sailorstar165
Kyoko1010

I just looked them up. I can order from them online, so I may get tea from them now, lol. Though, it looks like all tea bags and no loose leaf...

Another good place is "Jungle Jim's." It's this HUGE grocery store that you can spend HOURS in, and they've got a rather nice tea section (and a whole section of different kinds of honey, and a whole section of snacks that go good with tea).

Yeah, they're decent for tea bags, not great, but sometimes you gotta make do. It's a lot harder to find loose leaf tea at a lower price. And most of the places I've seen mentioned are probably local cause I've never heard of them  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 pm
Kyoko1010
sailorstar165
Kyoko1010

Yeah, they're decent for tea bags, not great, but sometimes you gotta make do. It's a lot harder to find loose leaf tea at a lower price. And most of the places I've seen mentioned are probably local cause I've never heard of them

Yeah, I've always had to get my loose leaf tea from either Chinatown or online. Most supermarkets around here don't sell anything but tea bags - which is fine if I have to brew in a hurry, but otherwise....;n;  

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

Mr Potato Chips

Agent Noob

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 pm
I love really dark Chai milk tea. The one you wouldn't want to drink... lol!!  
Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff