Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[ META | 2014 ] The Mummer's Ball ! | Complete | Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm
[OOC: Changed this up lol. smile .]

Cold Fire
Was Niko there yet? His green eyes scanned for his brother and he didn't see any sign of him. He first spotted their father and then one of his sisters. He noticed that there were some younger siblings around too that he hadn't had the chance to actually meet yet. Oh to be that young again. Calm and collective he watched the gathering, the fires light dancing against warm bodies, casting shadows upon the ground. A familiar scent enveloped him and he looked over and spotted Nemmie, Nellys companion carefully looking around. Apparently the Hare didn't want to stay back from the festivities. He would recommend it not join in. Too many unfamiliar faces tonight. He headed that way for he was sure to run into Sugar Rush.

Sugar Rush
She was excited, though there were going to be many new faces from those not of their pride. This would be a tale to tell for moons to come. Her burgundy gaze darted around from where she was searching for her sister and she finally spotted her and was about to head that way when she caught a flash of blue and gold and turned her gaze to see her brother Asker. A smile broke upon her maw and Nemmie came dashing back and took a spot near her back leg. "Come to join the festivities? I'm surprised you and Nicolae haven't started some sort of a sparring match." She looked around and realized he wasn't even there, which could be why. Those two were always trying to best one another. They were their fathers sons. "Shall we make an entrance?" She said with a smile. She just wanted to get to her sister. It seems like it had been too long since they had seen one another. How could the time go by so fast?

Cold Fire & Sugar Rush
He chuckled and gave her a wink. "He's probably still licking his wounds from earlier." He was completely jesting with her. He hadn't seen Nicolae but it was always fun to joke. He glanced towards the lions that were gathered around and he gave her a nod. "Yes, let us go." He lead the way and he padded proudly through the mingling bodies towards their father, whom had his back to him and he playfully swiped a paw at one of his back legs in a nudge. "Don't tell me you're getting lax in your old age." He said jokingly as he greeted his father happily. It had been too long since he had seen him it seemed.

Nelly was right behind her brother but quickly broke off and bee lined for her sister and almost knocked her over in her joy of seeing her. She nuzzled her neck affectionately and looked around. "Look at all the little ones that have joined us tonight? Aren't they just the cutest?" She said seeing them wandering around. It dawned on her that those were their younger siblings and she couldn't wait to actually get to meet them.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 pm
User Image

Hana smiled warmly as she saw her siblings, Asker and Nelly, approaching her and her father. Her smile quickly turned from affection to sarcastic amusement at Cold Fire's taunt, and she was just about to add her own when her sister tackled her.
Strong as she was - being fully capable of taking a hit from a full-grown male - Hana wasn't expecting the impact, and the blood-colored lioness staggered backward. She buried her muzzle into her sister's fur behind her ear, and let a short purr rumble from deep in her throat. She was so happy to see her sister here; they hadn't seen much of each other since Hana had become a full Patron.
"Yes, they are adorable - but I somewhat wish they'd been kept in their dens. I don't like the thought of rogues being around our cubs." A thought occurred to her, and she smiled slyly. "Hey, maybe by the end of this you'll have some little furballs of your own.", she teased, nudging her sister gently with her shoulder.

AstoriaFallen

User Image

Paranoia's ears flicked sheepishly - of course, most of the gypsies she had made her home with didn't dwell on the "what ifs". She'd forgotten how silly she must seem, being constantly worried.. constantly scared.
The new faces are exactly what I'm anxious about.., the dark lioness thought to herself, but to Farce she offered a shy smile. Her expression quickly turned to one of surprise at the male's friendly n** and - rather forceful - invitation to dance. If her fur weren't so dark, she was certain he would be able to see the warmth in her skin.
Terrified excitement showing in every hair on her pelt, she trotted after the young male, occasionally pausing in brief flashes of almost regret.

Thalion

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 pm
Taking a sudden halt as the rather friendly lioness came up to greet them, Aziza smacked right into the rump of her son. She snarled for a moment, not having realized why he had stopped. "Boy, if you do not CONTINUE to move like we have gone over--" She cut off as she peered around her son's backside. A lioness stood in front of him. She flicked her tail in annoyance, but kept her face looking... Okay. "Well hello there... "

Meanwhile, the purple male was just staring at the lioness. He had this silly grin on his face. His green eyes scanned over all her little shiny accessories, so intrigued by them. "Hiiiii..." He stopped for a second and looked up at her headband. "That's pretty. I like that. Where can I get one?" Ibo'oya completely ignored the lioness's questions, the silly grin still plastered to his maw.

Aziza looked at her son in absolute disbelief... Simply shaking her head.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 am
User Image

This was almost certainly a bad idea. Sikulu was never a master diplomat, but then again, he'd never even heard of these guys or this "ball" that they were holding.

The male had been drawn to the event mostly due to the promise of free food. There was also the chance to maybe forget who he was for a few hours and simply enjoy himself. Not that he hadn't done that most of his life, but this time he felt sneakier about it. He'd watched from the safety of the overgrown vegetation as lions made their way to the bonfires. He had no idea this was to be a shared event between the two sea-loving prides, so when he spotted the familiar shaggy manes and bodies of a few Bahari'mtoto members, he did a double take.

Fortunately, he'd never even seen anyone in the pride that looked remotely like they did, so perhaps his identity was safe. He still couldn't muster up enough courage to go to his birthlands, but seeing this newest generation of the pride made him feel a bit uneasy. Nevertheless, Sikulu continued watching the lions. Looking for a pattern. Something to mimic. He could only pick up a few bits of conversation from where he sat, picking out strange words like "snickerdoodle" and "riddle mouth". The male scrunched his face up in confusion. Maybe it was code?

As the minutes rolled by, Sikulu felt more and more anxious. It was now or never. But he couldn't look like a Bahari lion; folks would get suspicious. He groomed his hair back from his face, making it look more like a big, poofy Indian mohawk. Glancing around the vegetation, he spied a few brightly-colored flowers, sort of like hibiscus, and threaded them into his mane. He'd found a large tern feather, as well, and strung that into the thick blue-gray hair. All that was left was his personality: wild, cool, beach bum-esque. Taking a few deep breaths, Sikulu shook his head and broke out into a cocky smile before prancing out of the jungle. Let's hope this works...!

Gene Wilder

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 am
Face grinned as he found a spot for himself and the timid alchemist by the fire. The flames were just far enough to be safe but the warmth fell over his back, lighting the gentle sweep of his spine and the sharp blades of his shoulders against the dark night sky. The male flicked his tail and made a few gentle, boneless motions. He shifted from paw to paw, dancing back and forth. It was simple- but for the moment he simply wanted to ease his dancing partner into the rhythm offered to them courtesy of the mummers.

"Come on, Paranoia." He laughed gently. "Loosen up a little. The tighter you knot yourself, the more stiffly you'll move. You'll hurt yourself more than enjoy yourself."

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:47 am
Vodnitvar nodded at Hana's concern. He wasn't a fan either, but he had to look at it from the pride's point of view as a whole. When they got down to it, Gypsies were social lions and they loved to hear stories from all over. It was a problem that they were so secluded from the other prides outside of the Bahari, so this allowed new blood to come in and explore. He himself had been a joining rouge, so he knew what it was like to be welcomed in, and he was thankful it had happened.

"It's only for a short time," he said softly. "Not to worry. Things will be back to normal soon. I know it's hard, but you should relax and go mingle. You might find an interesting friend during this time."

Rennekae

Hiss nodded happily as the lion spoke to her. He seemed very friendly, which was good! She loved happy lions! "Yes, I'm from the Kizi, although I just recently joined," she admitted with a little smile. It was great to be in a place that she felt so happy and comfortable in a pride, as she'd never really had someplace to call home before.

"Oh no! I just came over to talk with you, you didn't take any spot of mine," she reassured him. "I'm Hiss! What's your name?"

Lady Kitania

Snickerdoodle looked up as his sister joined them, laughing when her paw pressed against his face. "Hey!' he said, lifting his own to swipe at her's. "I can't see, Feathers!" He ducked slightly to escape her paw just in time to hear his father's laughter, and he turned to see the god among the other lions. Now this was a party!

The laughter seemed infectious, because Riddle Mouth joined in, and soon he as snickering along with the adults. "Ah, this party is fun," he said with a happy hum, stretching out a bit. "Lots of laughter is always great!"

Znaruto

"I believe that title belongs to you, uncle," Fireheart said dryly as she surveyed the newcomer. She wouldn't say intruder if only because there were no intruders tonight during the festival, but otherwise she wasn't amused by his presence. Surely he had some tact, to realize just who he had interrupted.

Thalion

Daffupanda

Indeed, the swipe caught Vodnitvar off guard. He turned with a scowl, though, rather than in fright. He knew only a pawful of lions would be so bold as to do something like that, and when he saw his son he reached out to bat him not-too-lightly on the nose.

"Don't tell me you're forgetting to respect your elders in yours," he returned, although there was a hint of an amused look on his face. He was proud of his children, that much was for certain, and a little rough play never went amiss.

AstoriaFallen

Kicheko spotted one of her pride mates and decided it would be best to hang out with him for the time being. Perhaps they'd bring some attention to themselves! Heading over to Cetus, she grinned at him and bumped against his shoulder. "So, what do you think of this place? Pretty crazy, huh?"

Cetus nodded a bit as his pridemate came over to him. It certainly was crazy, far different from what he was used to, but not in a bad way. He flicked his ear to the side as something caught his attention: laughter.

"They're certainly very carefree...I like that," he said with a little grin.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 pm
"My name is Niraj. It's quite the pleasure to meet you, Hiss!" Her name was odd, but after looking the perky lioness over, he could see why she was named as such. She very much resembled a snake with her pelt pattern. It was different, but a gorgeous kind of different. "I'm glad I didn't take your spot over. I'm just here on a... A whim. I heard the festivities and decided to come and check it out. The Bahari and Kizi are neighboring prides, so it's not too far from home. What made you want to join the Kizi, if I may?" He was genuinely curious. He had thought before of joining the neighboring pride, but had felt like his real home would always be the Bahari. Still... These Kizi sure did seem like they were having a lot of fun. The company he had found to chat with sure was pleasant. Absolutely no complaints from this white lion.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 pm
Hiss listened to the male with a smile, nodding every now and then as he spoke. Niraj...oh, that was right, it was just the Gypsies that had special names that were given to outsiders or those you weren't close to. So far Hiss hadn't told anyone her real name, outside of the little group she had followed here, since she didn't have a Gypsy name before then. She trusted them to keep it a secret, though.

"Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so glad you decided to come and see. It's so much fun already," she said in earnest. "I came with a few other lions that were seeking the voice of our muses, and it led us here! I got separated from the group, though, so they've been here longer than I." Still, all had ended well, and she learned a bit later that she had missed some rather intense drama that she was glad she hadn't been a part of. The group that had come had been under rather intense scrutiny from the pride.

"Your mane is fantastic," she added, leaning in a bit closer to observe. "It's so wavy."

Lady Kitania

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 am
The flames made Paranoia's pelt glow gold and orange, and warmed her so pleasantly that she couldn't help but to close her eyes for a few heartbeats. She opened them at Farce's voice and her ears immediately folded back nervously.
As a rogue, the black lioness hadn't interacted much with others, and hadn't encountered much positivity, let alone fun. Dancing (being something that even most other lions found odd) was completely new to her; however, she'd come this far.

She watched Farce's movements for a few moments before attempting to mirror them; what she ended up doing resembled the waggling of a lioness' rump while in a hunting crouch. But tense. Within a few moments, and with a lot of effort, Paranoia managed to turn her rump-waggling into a swaying and match it to the beat.

For the first time, she was having fun with one of her other pridemates. She laughed aloud, and though she wasn't accustomed to the noise and it startled her, her smile stayed in place.

Thalion

-------

Hana knew her father's words were true, but still, her ear flicked in annoyance. At the last part, she grimaced and glared at Vodnitvar, her eyes dancing with good humor.
"Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting, Father?" she challenged playfully.
She understood the nature of gypsies, and while she had developed some of their wit and playfulness as she matured, she had never been able to accept their willingness to let strangers into their home. Although, to be fair, the lot of us are probably more of a danger to them. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our rogue guests went home missing some personal effects. Hana chuckled softly at her own thoughts.

Even as she spoke, Hana had to admit that the idea of having a litter of her own didn't repulse her as it had when she was younger. In fact, she might be open to taking part in the custom, provided the father had strong traits. And she rather liked the idea of the cubs being raised solely by herself and her family - no other beliefs or values to conflict with. Though, of course, the father could visit.

With a decisive flick of her tail, Hana rubbed her cheek against those of her father and each of her littermates before padding off, throwing an invitation to all of them to follow her or find her later.

[OOC - Hana needs a Bahari man! Any takers? ;D]

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am
Vodnitvar smirked very slightly as Hana caught on to what he was suggesting. He knew they'd be aunts and uncles soon and, while he enjoyed having cubs around, he wouldn't mind having someone else's cubs to sit for the day and then return them at night. Was he going soft for wanting grandcubs? Probably. But he wasn't about to say it.

"Try to have fun," he said as she rubbed against him. He should really take his own advice, but he really wasn't feeling this whole...party thing. He'd probably end up ducking out soon.

Rennekae

"Very carefree," Kicheko agreed, sitting beside Cetus to watch the events unfolding. The apparent rulers were by the bonfire and it seemed someone had come forward to entertain them, because two of them were laughing hard enough to split their sides. The third didn't look every amused, and the jester himself seemed very confused. The leader of her own pride was very different from that lot up there, and she wondered for a moment what the talks between them must have been like during the tense times not too long ago.

Cetus licked his lips as he looked around and wondered if his yellow friend was going to show up. If not, he'd probably go off in search of her. He found the Kizi lands to his liking, everyone was very laid back and unconcerned with working. He could lay on the beach all day and not get any sort of flack for it. "I'm thinking about staying here," he said after a moment, looking down at his pridemate to see what she thought of it. "It's close enough to visit home and my parents if I want, but far enough so that I can have my own life, you know?"  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am
Niraj chuckled, finding it both amusing and cute how the colorful female took an interest in his mane. It wasn't every day that anyone, much less a female, said something so out of the blue like that; especially over something as silly as a mane! Still, females didn't have the luxury of sporting amazing hair like males did, so he could see why she was fascinated by it. "Why thank you. It's because of the area we live in. Our fur is naturally rather curly, including the females." He shook his mane gently for her, trying to fluff it up a bit more. "There you go. As poofy and wavy as I think I can make it."

He chuckled once more, feeling a bit silly, but was still having a rather good time. "Do you have any family here? Perhaps any others you might live with?" He was curious. He wanted to know everything he could. Not just about the Kizi pride, but Hiss as well. Niraj needed some friends. His constant traveling didn't usually do well in that department.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 pm
Hiss gave an appreciative 'oooh' as Niraj shook out his mane. It made it even more fluffy and poofy, and she wondered for a moment what it must be like to walk around with that much fur on your head. Certainly it must get hot!

"Oh yes, I've noticed from the others that are here," she said, nodding to a few other Bahari that had come to investigate the commotion. "It's quite cute! Perhaps if I sit by the sea long enough I'll get a few curls too,' she said with a laugh, even though she didn't have any desire to be near water. It really wasn't her thing.

"Hm? Oh no, no family," she said, shaking her head. "I was raised a rouge. I'm making friends, though! The group of lions I was traveling with were quite nice, there's a few of them here right now," she added with a grin. "What about you? Do you have any relatives here? Or are you pure Bahari?"

Lady Kitania

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:48 pm
Quote:
I am so late to this party OMFG!

And lol Renn, she could always pursue a King? =P

User Image

He was late - exceedingly so, and had not been for a wayward Kizi cub he may have completely forgotten about one of the more important events of the year for not just the Kizi, but for the Bahari too. He should have been ashamed of himself of course, after all, a deal had been struck between both prides to foster good relations. They'd needed to open up the bloodlines, encourage diversity and foster strength...and quite frankly Ram hadn't done any of that. All things considered he had been extremely lazy in that department. Truth be told, if it hadn't been for the same Kizi youth, he wouldn't have had any time to remind the Bahari's younger generations of the Ball at all.

...He had quite a lot to be thankful for to say the least. He didn't know who or what had been looking down on him in those moments, but they had decided that he wouldn't offer an affront to the Kizi this year. After all, there was always next year to forget something critical and spark off another row with the reasonably stubborn Gypsy King. Suffice to say that Ram recalled that he had been equally stubborn!

Nevertheless, the lion wandered into the Kizi territory with firm steps - despite his apprehension or wariness (for he'd never liked parties), he fully intended to stay for at least a period of time. When he was satisfied that his own pride had settled in to the festivities then he would make a polite exit, but for now...? Well, for now he held his held high as any leader should and he pressed on towards the direction of the festivities.

Sadly he hadn't come dressed or dolled up, if there was a dress code, he hadn't received the memo!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 am
The latest partycrasher caught Sikulu's attention. The way he walked, the way he carried himself... was this...? The male felt his concentration slipping, and he quickly shook his head to try and stay in character. He danced and bopped his way over to the Bahari'mtoto's king, taking one hell of a chance. Let's just hope his double-bluff would work.

"Hey man," he drawled, a smile smeared all over his face. "So, like, I've never seen the beaches here before, these waves are mondo tiny! An' not to mention like, the chicks here are waaaay shaggier than back home." He gave a knowing grin, before straightening up a little.
"Oh! Totally forgot the intro. Name's, uh..." Oh damn it. He completely forgot about a name. He glanced up at the sky quickly, before looking back to Ram.
"Name's Moondog!" he announced, a little loudly, before holding his paw out to the king for a hearty pawshake.

Epine de Rose
(Hope you don't mind. xD; )

Gene Wilder

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:25 pm
"Pure Bahari. Born and raised! I might be a bit older than I appear to be." He chuckled, his ears slightly drooping thereafter. He had just mistakenly made himself sound rather... Old. He was only slightly old! At least he didn't appear to be an old lion... He didn't think... "Would you call the group of lions you traveled with your family? At least in a sense, perhaps?" Niraj hoped he didn't sound rude or too prying. He was honestly just curious! It was also a good way to switch the topic from his age!

SilverLutz
Sorry for the late-ish reply! I never got the quote from Gaia. xD;

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas