Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
[Nchi Contests / Raffles] Culture Shock - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 am
Mentor's Name: Mlezi (means 'guardian')
SoA Number: Lioness #4, lioness #8
Mentor Personality: Mlezi is a strong and protective, but very loving lioness. She has been through a lot in her life, and had to defend herself in life and death situations. She is a highly determined and very focused individual, who is always looking to take on new challenges. Since having learned some lessons the hard way, her self-worth is very high, and so is her instinct to protect others, and she takes it upon herself to act as a protector of others against the situations she herself has been in. If she can help someone, she will to the best of her ability, going above and beyond.
Why did they choose to take Nakawa in? Mlezi was orphaned herself by hyenas at a very, very early age, and it struck a chord with her to see the young lioness on her own. Though Mlezi does not know the fullest extent of Nakawa's situation and what exactly happened to her family, she is very personally touched by the young lioness' being on her own, and saw fit to take her in and protect her from the evils awaiting a tiny, orphaned creature. Her instinct nags her to be a mentor, if not a mother-figure to the tiny lioness, and she would be determined to put her heart and all of her efforts into raising a strong and capable lioness like herself.
How do they feel when Nakawa confesses she was spared by the wild dog? On a similar note, how will they feel about her seeing that wild dog in their new home? Mlezi was surprised to learn of Nakawa's escape/saving, since it is rare that many fully grown creatures would be willing to spare or save a cub in the heat of battle. She wonders what the reasoning behind it could be, and for some reason feels a determination to get to the bottom of it, although Mlezi is not the kind of lion who will nose into others business unless it is of absolutely dire importance. Her overwhelming curiosity is only furthered by the fact that there was a wild dog who recently became part of the pride who seems to perfectly fit Nakawa's description. Mlezi is cautious of this new pride member, not fully willing to trust, and is careful to keep an eye on Nakawa's interactions with others for a while as she teachers her about the ways of the pride and the ways of life in general. Sometimes it is hard for Mlezi to move past her cautionary ways, but she also knows that it is important to give the cub freedom to be her own lion and learn by exploring and finding things on her own as well. It takes convincing for her to loosen up, due to her protective nature, and she can be a tough mentor, but is also very loving and doting to Nakawa.
Other: Thanks for the opportunity! Would look forward to lots or RP and plotting if chosen to play Nakawa's mentor! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 am
Could I please get an 'everyone raffle' ticket?  

Rikalani

Business Dabbler

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm
Updated to here. This closes in a week.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 am
SilverLutz

Winner of #4!

Edit: Apologies, #4 and the captain, not 4 and 7. XD

Zosie

Winner of #2! Due to changes in plan, you are also being given Nakawa either to keep or give away to a friend to RP with. You may also rename her if you'd like.

I will be rolling for raffles in a moment!  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am
1. SilverLutz
2. Caliwolfe
3. Sareibear
4. Midnightglow18
5. Zohwee
6. Patji  
Hopefolly rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am
1. SilverLutz
2. Caliwolfe
3. Sareibear
4. Midnightglow18
5. Zohwee
6. Patji  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 am
Patji

Winner! Please post here whether you would like the male or female in the everyone raffle.

Sareibear

Winner! Whichever Patji doesn't choose is yours.  
Hopefolly generated a random number between 1 and 7 ... 4!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 am
Entry Raffle:

1. Gene Wilder
2. SilverLutz
3. CaliWolfe
4. Shia bean
5. Midnightglow18
6. Zohwee
7. Sareibear  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 am
Shia bean

Winner! You receive #8!  
Hopefolly generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:15 am
SURPRISE RAFFLE!

Anyone who entered and didn't win will walk away with one of the remaining SoA. I'll roll to see who picks first:

[ONE]
User Image
[TWO]
User Image
[THREE]
User Image
[FOUR]
User Image
[FIVE]
User Image

THE LIST:

1. Gene Wilder
2. CaliWolfe
3. Midnightglow18  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 2!

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 am
Midnightglow18

First pick!

Next:
1. Gene
2. Cali

Caliwolfe

Second choice!

Gene Wilder

Third choice!

SilverLutz

The remaining two not chosen by those above are gifted to you to hand out as you see fit, as you own their leader / captain.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 am
Thank you everyone for entering!  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Rikalani

Business Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am
Oh thank you! I think I'll take the boy and name him Nkemdilim (let mine be mine)... such a pretty boy!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm
Thank you! <3  

Shia bean

Prophet

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm
Oh wow! Thank you so much <333

I'll have to think what to do with Nakawa too! -so tempted to keep her-  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items