Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Getting To Know You
Hobbies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:14 pm
nena_sakura
smithers456
nena_sakura
Hi I'm Nena

I like Anime Cons
So far i have cosplayed
Shana - shakugan no shana
Orihime - Bleach
Female Ichigo - Bleach
Yuki - Vampire knight
Sailor mars - sailor moon
the under taker - black butler
moka - rasairo + vampire
random school girl
Female Big sister kyoya otori - Ouran high school host club
sakura - cardcaptor sakura
lillimon - digimon season 1&2
Lucy - Fairy tail

my next cosplay
tecna - winxclub

my other hobies Drawing , K-Dramas, K-POP,i go to school for animation, K-pop, hang out with friends, shopping , and other stuff
i take at least one picture a day of something like the sky , weather, my self ,others stuff

xp

Hi Nena,

As you know I'm a Cosplay Photographer. Most of the characters that you have cosplayed I have taken photos of. Ones that have gotten my interest that you have done is Sailor Mars (My Favorite Scout), Yuki, Ichigo, sakura, and Lucy. Also I have watched Winxclub. I have never known anyone that has cosplayed one of those characters. Have fun making that outfit. If you haven't done so please post some of the photos that have been taken of your cosplay outfits in the photo sub forum. Also if you have a Facebook or Deviant Art webpage it would be nice to know about that as well. So that we can check out more of your work.

me and my friends are planning to do it at youmacon but my friends are going to colossol con and doing winx club , I will be doing it at youma , we still need 2 more to complete the winx Musa and aiesha(layla) gaia_kittenstar I'm still in the process of making mine

So is your group cosplaying the winxclub series characters at Youmacon? Also are you and your group planning on cosplaying other characters. Some Cosplayers will bring multiple outfits to a con. Since I'm planning on going to Youmacon it would be really nice to meet you and your group. Please let me know what you think about meeting each other. It would be an honor to meet another Guild member and to meet someone that has cosplayed as much as you have.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:25 pm
I have a good number of hobbies. I enjoy watching various shows and movies on Netflix, playing video games on any one of my systems I have, roleplaying on several different sites (one of which I am a mod on), and going out for various walks around the area. If I am not doing any of those then its usually trying to help out around the house. I always try to help my mom with stuff. There is a lot she can't do on her own right now due to her job literately making her body just hurt all the time. So I help out with various things for her.  

Jani Seguchi1

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 pm
Jani Seguchi1
I have a good number of hobbies. I enjoy watching various shows and movies on Netflix, playing video games on any one of my systems I have, roleplaying on several different sites (one of which I am a mod on), and going out for various walks around the area. If I am not doing any of those then its usually trying to help out around the house. I always try to help my mom with stuff. There is a lot she can't do on her own right now due to her job literately making her body just hurt all the time. So I help out with various things for her.

What kind of movies and shows do you watch on Netflix. I love going on Netflix whenever I get the chance.

Aww, that's really sweet of you to help around the house. I hope your mom is alright!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Jani Seguchi1

What kind of movies and shows do you watch on Netflix. I love going on Netflix whenever I get the chance.

Aww, that's really sweet of you to help around the house. I hope your mom is alright!

Thankfully she is not working where she was anymore. I don't think she could have taken very many more days of standing on concrete for like 6 or 8 hours a day with short breaks for lunch and other things. She basically retired from working. Right now she is in some pain in her hand so I have been helping her out so she doesn't hurt herself too badly. She should be ok soon enough I hope. And lately I have been watching some classic shows on Netflix. Like Magnum PI and Miami Vice. Also been watching Angel and Buffy as well. I only watched a few movies on there. The Naked Gun movies and Bad Grandpa. I just haven't seen very many I wanna see at the moment. Really hoping they get Annabelle on there.  

Jani Seguchi1

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 pm
Jani Seguchi1
Starz-N-Madness
Jani Seguchi1

Thankfully she is not working where she was anymore. I don't think she could have taken very many more days of standing on concrete for like 6 or 8 hours a day with short breaks for lunch and other things. She basically retired from working. Right now she is in some pain in her hand so I have been helping her out so she doesn't hurt herself too badly. She should be ok soon enough I hope. And lately I have been watching some classic shows on Netflix. Like Magnum PI and Miami Vice. Also been watching Angel and Buffy as well. I only watched a few movies on there. The Naked Gun movies and Bad Grandpa. I just haven't seen very many I wanna see at the moment. Really hoping they get Annabelle on there.

Aww, well I'm glad she took a break from working- hopefully that will allow her to feel good as new.

Nice! I haven't watched magnum PI, but Miami Vice is pretty good, as well as Angel and Buffy. I used to love those. I heard Bad grandpa was funny. Did you like it? I'm from Canada, so our Netflix isn't as good as the American one (so I heard). I want to see Annabelle too! At work the other day, I asked a little girl what her favourite movie was, and she said Annabelle! I was so shocked. She was only 7 years old.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:44 pm
smithers456
nena_sakura
smithers456
nena_sakura
Hi I'm Nena

I like Anime Cons
So far i have cosplayed
Shana - shakugan no shana
Orihime - Bleach
Female Ichigo - Bleach
Yuki - Vampire knight
Sailor mars - sailor moon
the under taker - black butler
moka - rasairo + vampire
random school girl
Female Big sister kyoya otori - Ouran high school host club
sakura - cardcaptor sakura
lillimon - digimon season 1&2
Lucy - Fairy tail

my next cosplay
tecna - winxclub

my other hobies Drawing , K-Dramas, K-POP,i go to school for animation, K-pop, hang out with friends, shopping , and other stuff
i take at least one picture a day of something like the sky , weather, my self ,others stuff

xp

Hi Nena,

As you know I'm a Cosplay Photographer. Most of the characters that you have cosplayed I have taken photos of. Ones that have gotten my interest that you have done is Sailor Mars (My Favorite Scout), Yuki, Ichigo, sakura, and Lucy. Also I have watched Winxclub. I have never known anyone that has cosplayed one of those characters. Have fun making that outfit. If you haven't done so please post some of the photos that have been taken of your cosplay outfits in the photo sub forum. Also if you have a Facebook or Deviant Art webpage it would be nice to know about that as well. So that we can check out more of your work.

me and my friends are planning to do it at youmacon but my friends are going to colossol con and doing winx club , I will be doing it at youma , we still need 2 more to complete the winx Musa and aiesha(layla) gaia_kittenstar I'm still in the process of making mine

So is your group cosplaying the winxclub series characters at Youmacon? Also are you and your group planning on cosplaying other characters. Some Cosplayers will bring multiple outfits to a con. Since I'm planning on going to Youmacon it would be really nice to meet you and your group. Please let me know what you think about meeting each other. It would be an honor to meet another Guild member and to meet someone that has cosplayed as much as you have.

My group is not 100% sure with winx at youma but i still am doing tecna ...my group is right now showing more interest in sailor moon... sure i its still a long time for youma ^.^  

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:00 am
I like reading and writting fanfictions, reading books, watching tv-shows/movies/animes/doramas, surfing on the Internet, window-shopping, hanging out with friends, listening to music, chatting on Facebook, role-playing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 pm
Besides Cosplaying and Conventions here's some other things I do and little about it:

Writing- I do really what ever I'm in the mood for. Mostly fantasy though. I also will add that I RP too.

Reading- I've had a near college reading level since I was 4. Some of my favorite writers include George R. R. Martin, J. R. R. Tolkien, JK Rowling, Patricia Briggs, and Shakespeare.

Study Languages- I really enjoying learning about culture and different people and studying their language. I currently am working on Chinese, Korea, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, ASL, and German, but recently I thought about picking up Norwegian as well. I want to study many languages, but if I told you all of them, this would be a long post.

Jewelry Making- Besides sewing, I make jewelry as well. Currently most of my pieces end up for my Steampunk persona.

Family History- I love learning about where my family came from and teach a class every Sunday on basic family history. The funny thing is even though I'm of European decent, I specialize in East Asian History and Culture.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

iBundles Dabs
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:26 am
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
learning korean and how to write in Hangul
reading Mangas i have over 900 that im reading and currently up to date because of corona
beading
watching anime
drawing anime
drawing onto shoes or painting
i love to go thrifting and turn clothes into other things
i love doing hair (washing it, clipping ends, i want to learn how to color hair but right now i use the hair wax lol, braid, twist, add in hair, i think thats about it.
i love writing stories sometimes
i love helping out in jacksonville community when it comes to the homeless... Even though i don have much money noww...but i would always get some dry food or canned items with some water for them..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:56 pm
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
reading Mangas i have over 900 that im reading and currently up to date because of corona
beading
watching anime
drawing anime
i love doing hair (washing it, clipping ends, i want to learn how to color hair but right now i use the hair wax lol, braid, twist, add in hair, i think thats about it.
i love helping out in jacksonville community when it comes to the homeless... Even though i don have much money noww...but i would always get some dry food or canned items with some water for them..

I love studying languages. I'm also learning Korean a bit. I'm just studying hangul for a while. I don't have time to learn to speak another language right now.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

iBundles Dabs
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm
angelmage99
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
beading
watching anime
drawing anime

I love studying languages. I'm also learning Korean a bit. I'm just studying hangul for a while. I don't have time to learn to speak another language right now.

See Hangul at first for me was hard because i just couldnt understand it at all lol but im getting there blaugh i cant wait to be like ayeee guysssss i gottt ittttt  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:38 pm
iBundles Dabs
angelmage99
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
beading
watching anime
drawing anime

See Hangul at first for me was hard because i just couldnt understand it at all lol but im getting there blaugh i cant wait to be like ayeee guysssss i gottt ittttt

My advice is flash cards.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:49 pm
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
beading
watching anime
drawing anime

Helping out the Homeless is a noble activity. Some of the hobbies that you have could help you create Cosplay Outfits in the future. Going to thrift shops. Many people find cheap items to alter into parts of or entire outfits. Having knowledge of actual hairstyling can turn into wig styling. Watching Anime and drawing Anime can inspire you to pick a character that you Love to turn into a Cosplay outfit. I watch Anime to see what personalities and poses that they do which helps me in photography. It can help you know how to Role Play your charcter at a convention. Also many cosplayers note from watching Anime what common poses to use if they are having their photo taken. All of this is something to think about.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:59 pm
angelmage99
iBundles Dabs
angelmage99
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
beading
watching anime
drawing anime

My advice is flash cards.

i will defintely try flashcards and tell you how it goes lol  

iBundles Dabs
Crew

iBundles Dabs
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:01 pm
smithers456
iBundles Dabs
My hobbies include:
Sewing
cooking
beading
watching anime
drawing anime

Helping out the Homeless is a noble activity. Some of the hobbies that you have could help you create Cosplay Outfits in the future. Going to thrift shops. Many people find cheap items to alter into parts of or entire outfits. Having knowledge of actual hairstyling can turn into wig styling. Watching Anime and drawing Anime can inspire you to pick a character that you Love to turn into a Cosplay outfit. I watch Anime to see what personalities and poses that they do which helps me in photography. It can help you know how to Role Play your charcter at a convention. Also many cosplayers note from watching Anime what common poses to use if they are having their photo taken. All of this is something to think about.

wow i never thought about it like that honestly whee BTW how long have you been doing photography and Cosplaying  
Getting To Know You

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff