[Pride I/T] Indlovukati ~ Warrior Lioness Pride {Open!} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 am
In response to your question in the main thread: sure! The main reason Boudica shied away from the Antianeira was the outright exile of males--and she feels they can be useful, sometimes, maybe.

Some suggestions--it would probably best to consolidate the ranks. Guardians can simply be Guardians, which would allow more freedom in timing of RP for those in that rank...and less work for certists! In the same vein, could do Hunters/Youth (or appropriate terms) instead of gender-specific terms.

May also decide if you want the rank names to be simple (Guardian/Warrior/etc) or foreign (Wakunga/Mkazi/Ina). It feels a little strange to bounce from one to the other.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:02 am
Excited Apathy

Awesome! And thanks for the feedback! This is my first attempt at an I/T pride, so please critique the stuffing out of it! I suppose I went a little rank crazy, I can definitely combine a couple of them. I've been bouncing back and forth over the spirit guide rank, but figured they could use priest-like position.

As for the different language rank names, I thought Woman or Lady would be a bit too straight forward, and I didn't want to call all females Mothers, I basically couldn't think of a good english name for them but I'm totally open to suggestions. Wakunga can simply be midwife though, I was trying to make it more gender friendly sounding, but the boys can deal with it.

I would like to keep default male and female ranks separate, maybe something like daughter, mkazi and son, hunter, but then mkazi would be the only non-english word. Maybe binti, mkazi and son, hunter so that they match, or is that even more weird? o_o  

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:09 pm
Yeah! Spirit Guide, Shaman, that sort of thing to be...almost religious figures in the pride? To make sure everyone's toeing the spiritual line, basically.

Wakunga could be something like Healer maybe--since midwifery would fall under a general healer's purview. Nothing to say someone can't specialize within their rank!

It basically comes down to which way you want to go with it--if you want to go all-foreign, can pick a language and go for it! Could maybe go Provider for females and Hunter for males, or vice versa--similar names, meanings, and purposes. Might work better with the foreign-language route, idk.

Long story short, can ALWAYS add more in later when there's a bigger population to support it, especially when the pride is ICly pretty young.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:35 am
Update:

I initially make this account as a mule for the pride, but now I need to use it as my temporary main account as mine got hacked and banned.

Update 4/17

This is now my new main account, no more pride mule. Also, since I no longer have access to any of my posts under the username Boudaihobbit, I will be making a new I/T pride thread under the username Big Hobbit, so that I can actually update and alter this thread.  

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:27 pm
Indlovukati

Hi! I'll try to see if I have anyone who might fit, but my amazon girl already has other plots now.

A suggestion though. It says its a lion/lion hybrid dominated pride, but others are accepted. I would note what ranks other species can hold just to make it clear. And what are the views on familiars? Are some accepted and other not?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:11 pm
magnadearel

Hi!

In the first post it says that other felines can take on default ranks, but i can add a more clear blurb about it.

All familiars are allowed in the pride, but if they are not bonded to a regular soa they have to fend for themselves. I completely forgot to add something about familiars.

Thanks for the suggestions!  

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:57 pm
heart  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff