Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What is the silliest glitch that you have experienced? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:39 am
WindhoesXP
Well..probably the wierdest one is the "seizure" glitch I get..Sometimes my sims just shake up and down or their heads shake back and forth at a fast pace..It was probably the most funny when a guy did it when he was standing infront of a toilet.
My sims do that all the time! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:05 am
Had they been drinking coffee or expresso? Sims get the jitters if they have too much!

Rally_Pchan
Mine is SOO silly! cool The rides for my sims to go to school/work don't actually ride up to the mailbox anymore, instead they just stay at the spot where they first appear! It's so awesome because the kids will lose a grade for missing school and the adults miss work! Hahaha! [/sarcasm]

Really, it sucks. Also, I accidentally SAVED so now when the bus leaves, my kids will probably be taken away crying

Did you ever solve this problem? If not you could try using the boolProp cheat to force an error on the carpool and bus and then select "reset". That might solve your problem.

My weirdest glitch happened yesterday. I got my Sim to invite another Sim to a community lot. So the taxi turns up like I expected but my Sim owns a car. He went to get in his car but I cancelled the action and told him to get in the taxi instead. What does he do? Goes and gets in his car! There isn't enough room for his car to pull onto the road because of the taxi so it just vanishes. "Ok, community lot here we come." Nah-ah! Instead the game was still waiting for my Sim to get in the taxi! I waited 2 Sim days and the taxi never left and the only clickable action was "get out". My Sim never came back either! I couldn't even exit the game because the "save", "neighbourhood" and "quit" buttons were disabled! I had to quite using the taskmanager in the end.
I tried using boolProp to reset my Sim before I quit which worked in getting him back on the lot and the taxi drove away but his car was gone. He couldn't use any other taxis anymore either! I called one and it arrived. My Sim got in the back seat, teleported to the front seat, got out and then the taxi drove off! It did this three times!  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:59 am
Weird.
My weirdest glitch was with my first custom family. I'd just gotten NL and the father went out for a spin in his new car. He never came back. I waited two Sim days, and his hunger, energy, hygiene, bladder were all in deep red. I finally had to move the family out and back in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:51 pm
I had a glitch today that was funny and then very, very annoying.

I had the Headmaster over for dinner and the kid was giving him a tour. By the end of it dinner was ready, but the Headmaster wouldn't go. Kept inviting and inviting, and trying to have an interaction with him, but nope he just stood there in the corner staring at us. I moved all the objects that were near him and he was still untouchable! Just a Headmaster statue in the corner. The time on the scorecard ran out and he just stood and stared. It kept popping up to tell me how much time was left, always 0:00, and still the Headmaster loomed.

I gave up trying and just exited without saving, so I hope next visit goes a bit more smoothly!  

PriestessSelwyn

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:27 am
My glitches are boring. One time though my sim was watching TV even though there was no sound or pictures. So pretty much turned off. But their fun meter still went up.

My sims like staring into space.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm
Flabbagasted hamster

Good stuff. I have a couple Sims who will autonomously "look out the window" and they'll get thought bubbles of things outside. It's weird. I dunno why they wouldn't go do something else. Guess they're nosy. ^^  

PriestessSelwyn

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:02 pm
PriestessSelwyn
Flabbagasted hamster

Good stuff. I have a couple Sims who will autonomously "look out the window" and they'll get thought bubbles of things outside. It's weird. I dunno why they wouldn't go do something else. Guess they're nosy. ^^

I made some of my friends as Sims and I'm not sure if it's because of her personality or what but one of them just kinda "zones out" every now and again. She'll finish one action and if there isn't another one in her que then she will just stand and stair off into space with a really dumb look on her face.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:18 am
Okay, this glitch isn't silly but.. I had this one family, and whenever their kid would come home from school, he wouldn't leave the bus. And the bus just sat there for days and his mood bars were like, all at the bottom. It sucked. Eventually I realized he would never leave so I moved the family out and back in, but it did the same thing. So I just ended up deleting the family. ;[  

Mister Pemis

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 am
PriestessSelwyn
Flabbagasted hamster

Yeah, my sims do that too.

And as for you Menaceman, looks like your sim has spent way too much time with Osaka. wink

just had to say that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:21 pm
Flabbagasted hamster
PriestessSelwyn
Flabbagasted hamster

Yeah, my sims do that too.

And as for you Menaceman, looks like your sim has spent way too much time with Osaka. wink

just had to say that.

Osaka rofl . Actually, those were just my thoughts too when I read Menaceman's post. rofl  

Princess Harmonia

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Am I a bit dim cos I don't get the reference/joke? I don't know what/who Osaka is.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:42 pm
In the sims 1, I constantly have sims that used the "shed your skin" charm end up walking through second-story walls and getting stuck 0-o  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Shofu-Shufu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:12 pm
My sims' pet dog was totally invisible except for his head and tail!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:25 pm
For sims nightlife, 2 sims and their kid went downtown and when it was time to leave I clicked the car and for them to go home, but the "driver" kept walking in circles and I couldn't choose anyone else to drive or make him stop. I pretty much had to exit downtown without saving.  

Animediva

tigger_princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:40 pm
I dont know if it is a glitch but i thought it was but i was washing my dog and when it jumped out it was floating in mid air (the bath was on the second story)  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff