Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:08 am
I have heard that witches can be a good source for redstone among other things. They are a bit dangerous to farm (other monsters like spawning while you are building), though and it can be a little difficult getting them to spawn.

Wellwisher: Cobblestone, on the other hand is fairly easy to get... Is yours the mountain farm I heard chicken noises from?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 pm
Saikii
I have heard that witches can be a good source for redstone among other things. They are a bit dangerous to farm (other monsters like spawning while you are building), though and it can be a little difficult getting them to spawn.

Wellwisher: Cobblestone, on the other hand is fairly easy to get... Is yours the mountain farm I heard chicken noises from?
you can make a witch farm, but it's quite inefficient now that they changed the spawning properties of witches. Best to just make a powerful mob grinder. (powerful meaning very, very, very large.

It's not me, I haven't been on there since..... really the night after the server was opened. Might get back into it if my friend gets her own account. Though there's some modpacks that a different friend of mine is making and we're looking forward to these modpacks. (one is pixelmon and aesthetics, and the other one is, uh, it can be explained with the phrase "a million new ways to die.")

My group would, probably only have the vanilla and the pixelmon server. the other one is, a bit more specific and harder to find people to play. Most people want more adventure, new automation, not more death.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 am
wellwisher
Saikii

you can make a witch farm, but it's quite inefficient now that they changed the spawning properties of witches. Best to just make a powerful mob grinder. (powerful meaning very, very, very large.

It's not me, I haven't been on there since..... really the night after the server was opened. Might get back into it if my friend gets her own account. Though there's some modpacks that a different friend of mine is making and we're looking forward to these modpacks. (one is pixelmon and aesthetics, and the other one is, uh, it can be explained with the phrase "a million new ways to die.")

My group would, probably only have the vanilla and the pixelmon server. the other one is, a bit more specific and harder to find people to play. Most people want more adventure, new automation, not more death.

Oh! I've been curious about Pixelmon. I always see it on Feed The Beast and ATL. Have you tried a dragon riding mod? It's a nice way to get around.

That reminds me, I need to grab Tinkers Constructs and Mainline 3 sometime too...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:15 am
When I want to get around I usually use Morph and advanced portals for modpacks.

Morph is a rather neat one since you cna take on the shape and (certain) aspects of things you kill.

and advanced portals is a bit like.... a stargate.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:51 pm
Do you have a portal?

I would make one, but making them without some distance between them messes up the settings. So, if I made one, that might mess up where yours goes to and vise versa... o.o;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:54 pm
Saikii
Do you have a portal?

I would make one, but making them without some distance between them messes up the settings. So, if I made one, that might mess up where yours goes to and vise versa... o.o;
What, advanced portals? Advanced portals uses coordinate addresses.

Normal nether portals is quite easy. you just need to find the coordinates of the overworld portal, then divide everything that isn't the height by eight. Then as long as you get it in the right direction it's locked. Once it's locked, another portal can be made quite close to it. I've made a "home" in the nether with a portal to every room in the overworld. Made for an interesting build because every room was contained and had no entrances or exits besides the portal.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:01 pm
wellwisher
Saikii
Do you have a portal?

What, advanced portals? Advanced portals uses coordinate addresses.

Normal nether portals is quite easy. you just need to find the coordinates of the overworld portal, then divide everything that isn't the height by eight. Then as long as you get it in the right direction it's locked. Once it's locked, another portal can be made quite close to it. I've made a "home" in the nether with a portal to every room in the overworld. Made for an interesting build because every room was contained and had no entrances or exits besides the portal.

A couple of us have made portals. You do have to be careful since the zombie pigmen do seem to get... well, angsty even though we've done nothing. It's possible that my iron golems occasionally make them mad somehow.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:54 pm
Nadian
A couple of us have made portals. You do have to be careful since the zombie pigmen do seem to get... well, angsty even though we've done nothing. It's possible that my iron golems occasionally make them mad somehow.
Zombie Pigmen rules state that if they're attacked they become hostile for a certain amount of time. But if they're in unloaded chunks (like the nether when no one is in there) then they continue to be hostile exactly the way they were before. You basically have to get out of range while still keeping them in loaded chunks.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm
Yeah. Those pigmen do not calm down easily. I went all the way down to the desert and they were still angry when I checked the nether again.

Also, it seems all your Minecraft map sites are down.

I got lost in the desert for a while because I took the old roads and none of them lead back to the main road. I did find some interesting things while I was lost, though.

I found Java's old digs. The most interesting thing was the glass dome. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:22 pm
The important thing is to be in the same chunks as the zombie pigmen and out of their aggro range. Which means still in the nether.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:48 am
That will be tricky. I can't seem to program my portal so it doesn't go through Javas no matter how I move or build it. The pigmen ambush as soon as I step through. It's a startlingly quick death.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 pm
Locking the portal is not too difficult. check your overworld coordinates. X, Y, Z. and what direction walking into it is. (NS or EW)
Then it's just a matter of finding 1/8 X, Y, and 1/8 Z, and then build the portal with the same ns/ew direction. It won't be completely exact. But it does work to make portals close to each other and still go to different places.

As for the pigmen I suggest going in with blocks to build a wall to protect yourself quickly. then stay there for a little while, before either building up or down to escape the range of the aggro. doing that, will turn off their global aggression.
A lot of people make the mistake of accidentally attacking a pigmen. But then a lot of people who do, don't know how to deal with it for multiplayer servers, or how the aggression is turned off.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 am
I managed to get one built, but it isn't lit. I've kind of had to set up soil walls in the hallways just to survive. sweatdrop
-edit- I got a room full of villagers to headbang x'D  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces