Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Interest check: Roll to Dodge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you try to play this game?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:53 pm
DraculasLittlePrincess
Sees a cute little bunny and tries to catch and befriend it.

(Am i doing this right? sweatdrop )

Almost! The only thing is that you don't need to roll your own dice. I do that for you ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 pm
QueenArasene
DraculasLittlePrincess
Sees a cute little bunny and tries to catch and befriend it.

(Am i doing this right? sweatdrop )

Almost! The only thing is that you don't need to roll your own dice. I do that for you ^.^

sweatdrop ah ok, well can i just type that again, and then see what happens? emotion_kirakira

I just thought of another one i could do first instead of the one with the bunny.  

DraculasLittlePrincess IV

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:03 pm
DraculasLittlePrincess
I just thought of another one i could do first instead of the one with the bunny.

Well you don't need to, but you can if you want!
If you make several posts, only the last one will be counted- but remember, editing posts is allowed until rolling commences!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:04 pm
QueenArasene
DraculasLittlePrincess

Well you don't need to, but you can if you want!
If you make several posts, only the last one will be counted- but remember, editing posts is allowed until rolling commences!

Ok, i'm just going to make a new post.  

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Fiore di Giglio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:38 pm
QueenArasene
Fiore di Giglio

A beta test? Well, now that I have gathered at least four people with interest, which hopefully means that the game will not die before the first die is cast (it's happened, believe me).... Now is actually the time when I would start the adventure! Sounds good, right? Yeah.

On to the subject of dice games in general.... I don't actually own any rights to that. It's a mechanic. You can't copyright it, and I have a feeling you can come up with your own tweaks and ideas that will make it all look hugely different from what this is- besides, if you base a real roleplay on dice, it gets a whole lot more serious than what this is supposed to be. So good luck with your RP, eh?

Well thank you very much none the less, if it wasn't for you I'll never had found out about Dice Dodge.

Would you mind explaining me what you meant with things getting a whole lot more serious?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:08 pm
Fiore di Giglio
Would you mind explaining me what you meant with things getting a whole lot more serious?

Well, I am assuming that you intend to create a roleplay with a specific goal, plot-line and actual characters. This, of course, is not supposed to really be either. It's just a group of people dorking around with dice to see what kind of crazy stuff will happen.  

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25

Fiore di Giglio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm
QueenArasene
Fiore di Giglio

Well, I am assuming that you intend to create a roleplay with a specific goal, plot-line and actual characters. This, of course, is not supposed to really be either. It's just a group of people dorking around with dice to see what kind of crazy stuff will happen.

It's actually a little more like "Beat your fate" kind of game.
The plot is there.
And there would be a story.
But, would you be lucky enough to unveil it?
You could make whatever character you like just as long as you justify in their bio why they "ended up" in the rp XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 am
This question, I suppose, is of value to everyone so listen up folks!

Fiore di Giglio
Okay maybe I read something wrong, so please tell me how does the roll works.
Do you roll a particular dice on another forum?
or do you take in account the dice we roll after each action?
I'm asking this because I've rolled X numbers on my dice, but on your quotes you tell me I rolled a complete different Value.(Prior to the + X or -X)

You are, in fact, spot-on with your assumption. The dice rolls get made by me with some help from random.org (I don't actually own physical dice at the moment)- partially because this makes it easier for me, because I then have all dice rolls in one spot, and partially because some of the players don't do their own rolls.

This is mentioned in the first post of the game itself, although it notably was edited in a few days after the game started so it would have been easy to miss, I admit as much.

Does this answer your question or can I enlighten you more with different answers?

Watervoir
DraculasLittlePrincess
Ozenko
Thornwick
Tunes14
Paper Gears

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25

Fiore di Giglio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 pm
QueenArasene

Thank you very much that's was exactly my question.
Then I guess I don't have to roll dices?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:24 pm
Fiore di Giglio
Thank you very much that's was exactly my question.
Then I guess I don't have to roll dices?

This is correct! There is no need to roll dice unless you really want to.  

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:18 pm
QueenArasene

Just giving you the heads up that I won't be able to respond to the results of my roll for a while; busy trying to set up a few contests for the guild's upcoming Halloween event and a few other things.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:59 pm
QueenArasene

This helped me to understand the game a bit more. Thanks for clarifying.  

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:22 pm
Thornwick
Just giving you the heads up that I won't be able to respond to the results of my roll for a while; busy trying to set up a few contests for the guild's upcoming Halloween event and a few other things.

This is all right; there is technically no need to respond to the results of any roll at all. You could just make a string of entirely random actions if that seems more preferable to you. It's happened before and has often been great fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:27 pm
QueenArasene
Thornwick

This is all right; there is technically no need to respond to the results of any roll at all. You could just make a string of entirely random actions if that seems more preferable to you. It's happened before and has often been great fun!

Your understanding is greatly appreciated. I'm honestly enjoying myself, and it's great to be interacting with fellow members. 3nodding  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:01 pm
QueenArasene

DraculasLittlePrincess

Fiore di Giglio

Ozenko

Tunes14

Paper Gears

Watervoir

Hey there, fellow Dodgers!

We, at the SDRP, would like to give a huge thanks to QueenArasene for creating a thread that allows us to interact with one another, and we'd like to thank the participants for taking part! We've got a special bonus for everyone in the RTD thread: All it's active players are eligible to claim TWO (2) tickets in our monthly raffle contest! Just post daily to collect your tickets! We welcome all of you to check it out!

Claim Those Tickets!  
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces