Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Roll to Dodge! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tunes14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:47 pm
QueenArasene

You roll: 4
You escape the stinking, slowly dissipating cloud of noxious gas. Hooray!
Welcome to the game.

Finally out of the hazard zone, The Little Magician looks around to figure out where she is. Although she is used to waking up in strange places that are unfamiliar to her, there is usually someone around who does know where she is. Unfortunately, since this is unfamiliar and she doesn't see anyone in her direct vicinity (less than arm's length away), she

>> attempts to look for either something recognizable or a person to question about her surroundings, whichever comes first.  
Thornwick rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm
QueenArasene

Thornwick
> Ego-fluffed by this praise, (the town mayor lays out plans to hold a parade in my honor.)

You roll: 2 (personal dice)
You find out that you don't feel flattered at all. Your ego bobs around happily but refuses to fluff out.

Read for clarification:
This is just to clarify that you have a boost to rolls involving villagers, not controlling villagers. You can get that one, too, but it's slightly harder. Remember, the person you control in this game is yourself!

An example of a roll involving villagers might be to marry one! Or make them help you ("With the local carpenter, build a house").

Quote:
Town Mayor
> Hold a parade in Thornwick's honor.

You roll: 5
There's a wonderful parade in the honor of the Great Thornwick! It attracts tourists and state-wide interest, making the village significantly more popular. Hooray!

((Thanks for clarifying. Please, bear with me, as I've never played anything like this before.))

>In the middle of the hubbub, I make my escape for greener pastures.  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

DraculasLittlePrincess IV

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:56 am
Wakes up not sure what's going on. "Why do i feel so stiff?"

>>Stretches, but realizes that my butt stuck in a barrel. sweatdrop "Well this stinks." I say trying to get out of the barrel.

((Sorry i haven't been checking into this sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:25 pm
In the village to enjoy a good time but feeling intrigued by the mysterious fireball. Could it be a dragon having a good time, a portent of destruction of all things or a drunk magician? Or could it part of the mysterious and sinister group of horticultural terrorists dedicated to destroying fine grass that I may or may not have made up after standing in the sun too long watching a parade.

>After drinking some water in the shade I attempt to gather information about the fireball.

((Am I doing this right?))  

Paper Gears

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:11 am
Tunes14
> Attempts to look for either something recognizable or a person to question about her surroundings, whichever comes first.

You roll: 3
You look around and you see something recognizable! Hurrah!
Unfortunately, it turns out to be a bear. It doesn't seem particularly pleased that it's been recognized and mauls you! (-1 to next roll)

Thornwick
> In the middle of the hubbub, I make my escape for greener pastures.

You roll: 6
You escape! In a venture later being dubbed "the great pasture caper", you sneak out of the village so efficiently that the people almost forgot you were there in the first place! So many people are confused that the village later changed its "Thornwick Day" to "Confusion day", in honor of the day where everyone forgot something really important at the same time.
Meanwhile, you arrive at the green pastures. It looks kind of like you're in Oz, except without houses and significantly more cows. The pastures are very green indeed, and full of cows. Which are also green. Upon closer examination, you find that everything around you is tinged with green! Aaah!

DraculasLittlePrincess
> Stretches, but realizes that my butt stuck in a barrel. sweatdrop "Well this stinks." I say trying to get out of the barrel.

You try to squiggle yourself out of the barrel and you succeed- but it hurts your poor bum :c After plopping out of the wooden implement, you fall on your face and it drops on to you. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 pm
QueenArasene

Okay maybe I read something wrong, so please tell me how does the roll works.
Do you roll a particular dice on another forum?
or do you take in account the dice we roll after each action?
I'm asking this because I've rolled X numbers on my dice, but on your quotes you tell me I rolled a complete different Value.(Prior to the + X or -X)  

Fiore di Giglio

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 am
I actually missed this post earlier so you get a roll all to yourself!
Hurrah!

Paper Gears
>After drinking some water in the shade I attempt to gather information about the fireball.

Rising from the shade, you swiftly trek up the hill to find out more about the mysterious fireball you saw. You find a blackened, charred piece of grass and a lingering smell of toxic substances, as well as a nearby person fighting with a barrel. Using your marvelous deductive skills, you immediately understand how these things are related and proclaim yourself an expert on fireballs. (+1 to fire-related rolls)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:20 pm
Now that I am finished declaring my expertness at fireballs I guess I can deduce what the fire was made from. I shall now attempt to find the person that did this and question their motives! Unless I get bored. Looking at the person fighting with a barrel I wonder if I should study what the fireball is made from or question the person fighting the barrel. Of all the things here the person should be the most suspicious. Although that barrel seems to be beating them. Does that make the barrel more suspicious or is the barrel fighting the culprit? Can I really interrogate a person who just got finished getting beat with a barrel? I decide to give them a break and just interrogate the barrel.

> I try to grab the barrel and interrogate/examine it.  

Paper Gears

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:39 pm
(lol)

"Just great." i mumble into the dirt as the barrel falls onto my head. I struggle to get it off, before feeling someone trying to grab it off me. I proceed to thank her before realizing she's interrogating it. 'How odd.' I think to myself.

>(Will edit this depending on her answer if that's allowed)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:50 pm
QueenArasene

Wandering around tries to get closer to this other person holding a barrel.
"I wonder if he's alright."  

Fiore di Giglio

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Paper Gears
> I try to grab the barrel and interrogate/examine it.

You roll: 6
You grab the barrel! Cue dramatic music.
Watch as the scene unfolds in slow motion: Paper Gears reaches out toward the barrel, ripping it from its resting place on top of her fellow player. The scene fades to western white-and-brown. An epic battle is ensuing, with the barrel trying to roll over the valiant would-be interrogator. Pang! Pow! Poof! Critical Strike!
The barrel, heavily injured, thuds to the floor. You hold it down in a choke hold and demand that it tell you everything it knows- because you know the language of barrels, now. It is a crude, wooden tongue but you know it nonetheless. Bruised and battered, the barrel laughs at you spitefully and collapses into itself, leaving you smoking faintly in a heap of wooden splinters.

Note: It's not necessary to attempt anything. Your action is an attempt by default, as you roll a die to validate the success- if I were really mean, I could just take you literally and roll whether or not you manage to attempt something. That'd be rather sad, wouldn't it? razz

DraculasLittlePrincess
> (Will edit this depending on her answer if that's allowed)

You're now allowed to edit in this action later. That's not usually something that happens, but you rolled it so it works. Remember, folks: The state of your action at the time of the roll is what gets accepted and evaluated!

> May perform 2 actions next turn.

Fiore di Giglio
Wandering around tries to get closer to this other person holding a barrel.
"I wonder if he's alright."

You get closer to the person holding a barrel. His name is Phil. He's very confused about what's going on around him, especially about the person who just spent a fighting montage to deconstruct one into smouldering ashes.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm
Coughs and watches as the dust settles on the scene. "Well that was interesting." I say getting up and walking over to the person who took the barrel off my head.

>Thanks the person who helped take care of the barrel.
>Kicks at what is left of the barrel.  

Angelic Vampire

23,975 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Paper Gears

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:16 pm
I cursed very foul things in barrel. I almost had it but the barrel decided to not say anything and now there is no information I can get from the barrel except that it was definitively really really super duper evil. The next time I interrogate someone I'll do it more gently. Take them out for dinner or a nice walk to see a cool rock or something. Speaking of interrogation, I have to ask the poor victim about fireballs and suspicious people who set grass on fire. I dust myself off.

"Hey its no problem at all" I said "That was a terrible and suspicious barrel huh? Do you know anything about it? Maybe we can go to the nearby village and talk about it at the inn. You look like you could do with a nice mug of confusion day punch!"
>Cut scene to take everyone to an inn! For a mug of something nice!
((If you can't do this I'll change it to ">Roll to check if I have enough money"))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:26 pm
> Now has a frozen watermelon. "Whaaaat." I wonder if this frozen watermelon will offer me protection against the fire ball phenomenon I am hearing about in this thread. o.o

((Sorry, I disappeared for a little bit -- busy week of school. Going to try my best to jump back in!))  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:05 am
DraculasLittlePrincess
>Thanks the person who helped take care of the barrel.

Success! You thank Paper Gears for her valiant effort in freeing you from the evil barrel. She is just a little flattered.

DraculasLittlePrincess
>Kicks at what is left of the barrel.

You roll: 2
There's nothing left of the barrel, so you can't kick it. Also, you don't feel like kicking.

Paper Gears
>Cut scene to take everyone to an inn! For a mug of something nice!

You take everyone to an inn! Buut it hurts your magical prowess. That's a lot of people, and now the inn is really crowded! Also, the beer is pretty lame. (-1 to next roll)

Watervoir
> I wonder if this frozen watermelon will offer me protection against the fire ball phenomenon I am hearing about in this thread.

You roll: 2
Wondering about frozen melons? That's a job for peasants. You decide instead to think about something else instead, like baked bananas. With chocolate.  
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff