Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 am
Sindar

“Just a little more to the left, Zidane.” The wild dog instructed with a soft sigh. The cheetah she had spoken to gave a short nod and gave a sharp jerk of the rope he held in his maw. The tapered pelts straightened and leaned hard against one of the makeshift posts buried deep into the sand. Sindar took a few steps back and canted her head to one side. Yes, that looked much better.

“Perfe- oh?” She turned her head and offered an easy smile as some of the locals made their approach. It was unnerving to be around so many felines, but months of travel with the troupe had somewhat adjusted her to their kind. They were…odd but endearing. Lions, like dogs, enjoyed the company of their fellows. The cheetah seemed to wander off on his own a lot, but he kept within eyeshot of the group. The leopard had much the same behavior but he preferred to nap in trees or high up on a boulder if a tree branch was unavailable.

A small group had approached her, their eyes curious but welcoming. “Good afternoon.” She stood up a little taller, “I’m sorry- distractions. The boys are absolutely helpless without a helping paw and a feminine touch to the stage.”

Zidane

The cheetah snorted as he joined his companion’s side and offered the locals a lopsided smile. They seemed like friendly enough folk, and quite a few had left the viewing area to meet with them. It was certainly an encouraging sign. Some prides were outright hostile right off. Not that he could blame them. Some things they had seen on their travels…

“Oh sure, we’d be lost without you gals.” He shook his head and glanced to the others. “The princess here is Sindar.”

Sindar

“And this rude, spotless wonder is Zidane.” Sindar countered dryly. “And you all? I may not remember everyone’s name- I’ve never been good at that.”

Zidane

“Just don’t forget your lines.” Zidane nudged her shoulder roughly. The wild dog shot a dark look his way to which he only responded with a grin.

Rennekae

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm
Nema couldn't help but giggle at the interaction between Sindar and Zidane; despite being different species, they got along as well as pridemates. She glanced at Dhoru and saw the mirror of her mirth shimmering in his eyes.

"Sindar," Nema repeated slowly, "That's a wonderful name. I am called Ghost Whisperer. It's so nice to meet you both. You picked a great day to visit - there'll be interesting wares to buy, and food and drink, and dancing! Oh, the dancing. I'm Lead Mummer so the dancing is really my favourite."
Realizing she was rambling, Nema stopped short and folded her ears back in slight embarrassment. The normally shy lioness was becoming prone to bursts of sociability that ended abruptly in her regular timidity.

Dhoru stepped forward with a smile. "If you have the time, you should definitely try the fermented fruit juices some of the merchants sell. They're quite good, if you don't need your wits about you. My name is Lightning Claw, and this here is my niece Sugar Rush. She's royalty, so be sure to bow real low now."

He finished with a wink to show he was just teasing, and gently bumped his hip against Nelly's. While he hoped the newcomers would understand he wasn't serious, he was also hopeful they might go along with it just to embarrass Nelly a little; this niece was so cub-like, it was fun to fluster to her every once in a while.

"I fear we may just get in the way, but my mate and I are willing to help you set up if you should need it."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:21 pm
Zephyr smiled pleasantly towards Hana as she approached, she recalled the lioness from the previous year as well. They hadn't spoken, but then, Zephyr hadn't really spoken to very many. To be quite honest, the event had been a momentous occasion for her because it meant she was allowed to go home. The 'exchange' she had made to reassure both sides that hostilities had ceased had ended and she had been the definition of relieved!

"Aha, yes," she confirmed and released a small chuckle. "Alas I wasn't there out of my own desire to be that time," she pointed out and winked. "This time however, I'm determined to take advantage of everything the ball has to offer," she reassured. Her smile deepened and she turned her attention back to Farce as he finally spoke.

"Let's just say it's a very dramatic way of expressing my appreciation for how someone looks," she explained and waved her paw. "Much like you might do if you saw a pretty lioness," she pointed out impishly.

Rennekae

Thalion"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:31 pm
Asker's question made Fireheart's expression soften a bit. The poor lion...he was just as confused as Fireheart was as to the appearance of the cubs. She felt horribly for somehow being unfaithful to him, but he was taking it in stride as best he could and had instructed her to act as if the cubs were his own. He certainly wouldn't ignore them.

"Hopefully not. He's supposed to be watching these bundles of...joy," she said a bit dryly. This litter was much larger than her last, but thankfully they weren't quite as rambunctious. They certainly were mischievous, though, and quite big, and usually found a way to slip out of their father's sight if they so decided. Suluhu being here was prime example of that.

Turning her attention back to the king, she nodded very slightly. "She's certainly more...even tempered than her more recent brothers and sisters. The litter between her first and last litter had been very small, but they were all quite troublesome. In fact, she had chased one son into the dreamer's cave when he was still growing into his mane, and she found it rather fitting he had decided on the name Trouble.

Suluhu stared up at all her large siblings with a smile, greeting them as they came to see her. This was great! She had so many more brothers and sisters than the ones back in the den. Granted, she was one of a large litter, but this made it even better.

As Shandor spoke to her she whirled around, her tail curling around Nemmie protectively. Her sister had left her in her care, after all, she wasn't going to lose sight of her.

"Ma called you uncle earlier," she said observantly, her bright eyes holding the same grin that was on her face. "Are you my uncle too?"

User Image As usual, wherever Nema went, Hima was soon to follow. She kept her distance from her sister, though, not wanting to to seem as if she had followed her here. She hadn't...kind of. She had spotted her sister and her mate just as she had reached the clearing, so she waited to see where Nema would go before making her own entrance.

She was here on a mission. This ball was the joining of two prides for the night, and Hima had discovered that gypsy males really weren't her taste. They were either too kooky or too aloof. She wanted a male that would pay attention to her, to match her in wit and in tenacity, and the Kizi just didn't seem to deliver. She had her eyes open for the Bahari that would be present tonight, but for now she stuck to the shadows. It was a waiting game, really. She didn't want to pounce on the first one she found without observing him first.

Epine de Rose

Thalion

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 am
"Well, if that's your stance, you should definitely get your paws on some fermented fruits once those special merchants show up. I may even have a couple myself once I decide that this lot isn't a threat."
Hana jerked her head toward the mismatched group, and then turned to watch them for several heartbeats. They still seemed harmless enough, and with Dhoru, Nema and Nelly over there all seeming to enjoy themselves, Hana could relax a little. Her family was pretty good at judging characters, and if they were content, she could be. Kind of.
The dark lioness turned back to the conversation. A devilish grin spread across her maw at Zephyr's words - not only because this lioness was just as saucy as Hana, and exactly how she liked it, but because she couldn't imagine this timid young lion cat-calling.
Hana resisted the urge to join in needling the youngster, especially since she only knew him by name and appearance. And he may not even know who she is! In the lull in conversation, she caught a snippit of what her mother and brother were speaking about. She flicked her ears and disappointment flashed briefly across her face. She had hoped that their father would make an appearance tonight, but with his age and physical state, she wasn't overly surprised he wouldn't be. Making note of her mother's odd tone, Hana glanced down at Suluhu, for the first time wondering if there was something more at play than random markings like her sister's. She made a note to both visit her father and the rest of the cubs later, and perhaps inquire about the cubs. Not that it was her business, but a mother didn't usually seem so unenthusiastic about her offspring.

Still unnoticed by the gathering lions, Zuni had started to shift closer and closer to the actual party. She was in plain sight now, and still no one approached. The anxious lioness had worked up enough nerve to start a conversation, but unfortunately, she couldn't see a single creature anywhere - everyone was in groups. Rather large groups. And the groups all contained important pride members or total strangers. She kneaded at the sand nervously, slowly extending and retracting her claws as she tried to find someone to potentially speak to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:47 am
Rennekae
I HAVE not forgotten the other RP. It's just every time I go to respond what I want won't come out. -_- I'm going to go to the gym this afternoon and perhaps it will allow me to clear my head. ^^

Thalion

Epine de Rose
His nickname for her is Zy XD Plus it's easier for me to remember ^^

SilverLutz

If I forgot someone let me know. ^^

It would appear he wasn't going to have to answer Zy for Hana came up behind them and did it for himself. He smirked, Royal boy. Though he acted far from what one would think a royal prince would act. Noble, high strung and snooty. Yea, he was none of those. HE DID however have some good qualities but he was far from a knight in shining armor. "You caught me madam." He said with a wink towards Zy.

He chuckled when the lavender lioness explained to farce what cat calling was. Oh the joys of being young. "If there were any pretty lionesses around I'd show you how it's done but alas the crowd is slim picking." He nudged Hana with a wicked grin and then winked at the other two ladies so as to let them know he was saying it in jest. "I find sarcasm is the best way to draw them in." He said with a smile to farce. "Insult them and they just swarm you like bee's to honey." He said with light laughter.

"Hello Uncle." She said with a smile before butting heads gently with her aunt. She gave her a warm smile in turned towards the Wild Dog as she turned to face them. She had to agree with her aunt, Sindar was a very wonderful name. She stuck close to her aunt as her and her uncle took turns speaking and she gave a warm smile and then looked at him with wide eyes.

Well, if she wasn't embarrassed she was now. "Thanks Uncle." She said lightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. Did you travel far?" She asked curious about their travels and hoping to avert the subject from her uncles embarrassing comment.

She glanced around slightly and saw a very familiar face. Hima had decided to join them and she moved closer to her aunt. Hima had been rather mean to her as a cub but had never told anyone and had made it her mission in life to stay as far away from the nasty female as she could.

The hare found comfort with the cubs tail wrapping around her in a protective way. She looked up at Shandor as he spoke to the cub and then turned her gaze back to Suluhu. "You're going to find you have a great deal of family here little princess." She said with a nod of her head, her ears twisting slightly as she listened to the sounds around them carefully.

Areo listened as Zy explained what tipsy was and he then realized what she was talking about. He had heard stories but had never experienced it himself. "Do they have vendors here?" He was curious now to try the fruits of which one could go in a daze with. He then listened with an amused look as Farce's questions were answered. That poor lad. He knew he had to be embarrassed by these ladies. His attention turned to Shimmer, "I'm honored to have been around to experience such a gathering." He wondered if something like this could ever be done in the pridelands.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am
Sindar ||
The wild dog offered an easy smile. Ghost Whisperer… it was like the names that the dogs had taken at the old pack she had considered. She’d spent weeks among them, had taken a name for herself but she could hardly recall it, but in the end she had found her paws wandering away once more. It hadn’t felt like home. How ironic that “home” was not any one place to her- it was with the right folk. Perhaps there would be more of her kin in their odd little troupe one day but she was hardly bothered by the feline flesh around her.

“I can see that.” She turned her head just slightly. “But I’ll have to indulge a little after the show.” She glanced back to Ghost whisperer and tipped her head, a curious expression around felines but quite common among her kin. “Mummer? You’ll have to explain after the show. Dancing, however, is familiar. It’s quite…liberating.”

Zidane ||
The cheetah snorted at Lightning Claw’s offer. Fermented fruits… he had heard of that as well as the effects that it had on creatures. Zebras passed out, stupid beyond stupid. Their speech slurred, their words making no sense… it sounded like something his former mentor would have partaken in. If anything, it sounded like an escape for desperate souls. “No thanks, Light. I’d really rather keep my wits about me. There’s some rather cute tails around he- OW.”

Sindar slowly lowered her paw, having clobbered the male in the back of the head roughly, and snorted.

“…I’m just saying the scenery here’s rather…exotic. Fetching.”

Zidane dodged another blow in time to catch the tail end of Lightning’s greeting. “Ah, sorry. We Shusei don’t bow our heads to anyone. Welcome everywhere but at home nowhere. Kings and queens of our own right- I think you lot can understand that.”

Sindar ||
The wild dog sighed. Cheetahs. Impossible.

Looking back to Hima, she re-gathered her composure. “We come from the far north, from the Tengoku lands. The Kaze territory specifically though we come from all over originally. I suppose our paws just never found a place to call home.”

Farce ||
“Erm….”, the young male’s ears drooped and he forced an uncomfortable smile. It didn’t sound…subtle. Of course few things about courting ever were- especially where the Kizi were concerned. “I’ll have to keep that in mind.”

Oh gods now he was being given instruction. “I…hey there’s plenty of good looking lionesses!” He insisted, standing himself upright. “These two here-….I mean…respectfully that is.” Oh he wanted to dig himself into a hole at the moment. Perhaps the ground would open up under him.

Hoping to save what shred of dignity he might retain, Farce motioned to the stage. “W-we should get a seat…”

Riddle-Mouth ||
“Trouble. A good start to a long tradition I would think.” He looked away, his demeanor a little more guarded than it had before. He wasn’t looking forward to the discussion they would have to share in regards to this litter’s sire. Straw Dog was a friend, a faithful member of his family, and could not have taken the news easily. Shandor’s claws flexed in the sand as he watched the dark-pelted male take his position near the head of the stage.

Who ever had trespassed on his niece would have hell to pay…

The small one’s question brought him out of his dark musing. Shadowed eyes glanced to the little cub staring his way. A practiced smile replaced the hardened, thoughtful expression and he gave a short nod. “Great uncle- but just uncle works. There’s nothing great about this bag of bones.”

Zidane ||
The cheetah cut in as Atieno cleared his throat. “I’m sorry to cut this short, guys. We’ll catch up afterwards. Sounds like we’re getting ready to start.”

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

Rennekae

[[ Sorry for the delay/lack of formatting here! It's hard to do so on my tabled. ;3; ]]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:17 am
|| Solomon x Ram ||
"I think you'll find that showing your face will be beneficial in the long run," the white lion's lips creased in to a smile as he regarded the King. It had taken quite a great deal of persuasion to get Ram to move from the Bahari. He had never been one for loud, exciting crowds, and yet Solomon had reminded him that as the ruler of the pride it was his duty to represent them. Thus, Solomon had been glib of tongue and dragged his superior into the Kizingo'zaa for the second time in his life.

Unsurprisingly, Ram had not been particularly receptive to the idea, but Solomon's words held wisdom to them. Whether Ram cared to admit it or not, until such times as proper diplomats were founded within the Bahari, it was his duty to act as representative. In the grand scheme of things, that meant that for the foreseeable future he was going to have to entertain the expectations of other prides.

...Even if Riddle Mouth would use the opportunity to tease him!

Nevertheless, as soon as they had entered the main area, Ram had been quick to deposit himself largely out of sight while Solomon had merely rolled his eyes. That battle would be one he would lose...

Thus, rather than pursue his king the male instead glanced around, taking note of familiar faces and not so familiar, until his gaze landed upon Zuni. He recognised her sort, he'd met one in the rogue lands, too timid to actually take the bull by the horns and join... instead they merely watched from afar. Ah, but she would never enjoy herself if she did that and he soon strode towards her, his paw steps deliberately heavy as he came up behind her.

|| Shimmer Smith ||
"Of course they have," Shimmer chuckled at Areo's question and shook her head. "You may even hear them offering their wares closer to show time," she pointed out softly. She motioned towards the other merchants and vendors near by, some in make-shift 'stalls' with much more impressive wares than she currently had the skills to produce at this time.

"I suppose if you're only going to be here once, you might as well give them a shot," she chuckled and shook her head. That was at least something she knew Areo could do safely in the Kizi, there wasn't anyone to take advantage of him here, though she wouldn't have been so sure in the rogue lands!

"I wouldn't suggest any lemons if they're offered though, even when they aren't fermented they're horrible."

|| Zephyranthes ||
"We like insults, do we?" Zephyr's eyebrow rose as she regarded Asker - if there was one silly thing she had heard, it was this. She could safely say that she had no personal interest in those who were prats, and if his royal highness here turned out to be one then... "I personally find that I shove the tails down the throats of any male who lacks manners and a bit of common decency," she stated in a lofty tone and shook her head.

It was then that she gave a winning smiel to farce.

"Aim for humour, I think the vast majority of females like some good humour and even some cheesiness rather than insults," she peered at the prince for a moment and shook her head. "Unless you've got a fetish for getting that pretty back side of yours handed to you," she added as an afterthought.

AstoriaFallen
Foooor Shimmer+Zephyr

Rennekae
Solomon spotted Zuni n_n

SilverLutz
Here's yer king babeh! 8D

Thalion
Poor Farce... *pets him*

Epine de Rose

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:41 pm
| Hana |

Hana glared at her brother with one brow raised as he spoke, then promptly cuffed him behind the ear once he finished.

"Ignore him, Farce, this one couldn't get a lady if he tried. And neither will you if you try that garbage out."

Hana was almost certain that Asker was just kidding, but even so, the idea of being so disrespectful and insinuating that females would fall for that load was insulting. She turned to Farce and smiled, offence forgotten, as he stumbled through what seemed to be a protection of herself, Zephyr, and Shimmer (when really it was Asker that would need protection with this bunch).

"Well, I say, Farce. Are you trying to make a move on either of us? First, you're going to have to choose which one." Hana taunted coyly, winking at the poor young lion to show she wasn't serious. She decided to let Farce change the subject and turned toward the stage, pausing to match pace with the others so she didn't appear to be leading the way.

| Nema and Dhoru |

Nema's ears pricked forward and her happiness returned at the wild dog's response; she was relieved that Sindar hadn't minded her rambling, and even wanted to speak more! She nodded excitedly, a smile firmly in place on her jaws, and turned back to Dhoru.

Dhoru, on the other hand, was busy chuckling at the interaction that had followed Sindar's conversation with Nema. This cheetah seemed to be quite the rascal. He nodded at Zidane's refusal to bow and cleared his throat.

"That's more than alright. That was really for her benefit - or, detriment, really, anyhow. 'Twas just a joke to set my niece's pelt burning." He smiled and tossed a wink to Nelly, who seemed to be handling her embarrassment quite well. He looked back as Zidane spoke again. "Oh, of course, It was nice to meet you, and we look forward to watching your show."

Nodding his head, he brushed against Nema and the two padded off to sit down a short distance away.

| Zuni |

Zuni's eyes darted from group to group; she took notice as new lions arrived from the Bahari, or filed out from their dens to join the fun. Her paws itched to join in, but her fear held her rooted, as if she'd forgotten how to walk. For a moment, she was slightly joyous at the fact that she had grown so far as to want interaction, even if she hadn't yet reached the point where she could go out and get it. She felt stronger and more confident every day that she spent in this pride, with the help of Dhoru and his family, and even though she doubted she'd ever be completely free of her terror, she marveled at how far she'd come.

In the brief few heartbeats of her inner distraction, Zuni hadn't noticed that she was being approached. The sound of paws brushing through the sand much closer than before alerted her and her body tensed almost painfully. Her gaze flitted frantically until it settled on the white lion drawing nearer to her. She'd been wanting communication, and here it was, coming right toward her, and all she could do was stare - caught like a startled antelope. Her staring did, however, give her the chance to scope out the male. Based on his smell, she guessed he was from the Bahari, the neighbouring pride she heard mentioned occasionally but had never seen anyone from. His markings, while odd, were mesmerizing and she was still marveling at the opalescent colours when the lion reached her, with absolutely no idea of what to say.

"Uh. I'm Paranoia." she fumbled, then folded her ears back shyly.

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

Thalion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:44 am
|| Asker||
Clearly his joke wasn't as funny as he thought it would be. "Dear sister, you should know better than anyone that I didn't mean it and would never insult a lady." He said shifting his head as she cuffed him and gave her his best grin.

He looked over at Zy, "I was just jesting and I realize my joke was lost in translation." He said with a half smile. "I would personally see to it myself that if someone were to insult a lady they'd have me to deal with... After your done shoving their tails down their throat." He chuckled thinking of the lavender female kicking some males butt. He looked at his sister with a raised brow for a moment. May the gods help him if either of his sisters found males. "Listen to these fine ladies Farce, I'm sure you'll win any girl over in no time." He said with a chuckle at his shyness. They were eating him alive and it was all in good humor.

"I do apologize again for my poor taste in jokes. Besides," He looked at zy with a smile, "Gifts and fine compliments are by far the best way to go. Though I haven't found someone who's caught my eye just yet..." His voice trailed off slightly and he looked at farce. "That sounds like a great idea! Let's get some decent seats so we can watch the performance. Ladies choice." He said waving a paw for them to lead the way.

|| Nelly ||
She gave her Uncle a small smile and shook her head slightly. She could always count on him to bring the spot light to her. She remained silent and listened as the guests spoke to one another and to her aunt and uncle as well. She was glad the show was going to start soon and looked at her aunt as Dhoru left. "Shall we go find us a good seat?" She asked with a smile.

|| Areo||
He made an ahh, gotcha, type face as she spoke about them handing them out around the show time and he figured he'd have to give it a try. "If they do have any I'd love to give it a try." He said warmly.

Lemons huh? He shook his head slightly. That sounded bitter. He looked over at farce as he suggested finding seats. "Yes, we should find us some good seats."

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Thalion

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Now that most of her children had gone off to do other things with other lions, Fireheart allowed her expression to soften a bit as Suluhu spoke to the king. She had spirit, that was for sure. And, as much as she disliked thinking about it, she knew she had to select an heir at some point. Her first litter had been far too like her to make a good Queen. She considered herself decent, but she knew the next Queen needed to be more like-minded with the pride. The eldest daughters of hers were too focused on fighting and protecting the pride to make good Queens. The second litter was far too rambunctious and unruly to be considered for rulers. But this litter...even though the father was a mystery, they were turning out to be the most gypsy-like in personality, especially the little winged girl that stood with them. She was curious, charismatic, slippery, and so far didn't seem to fear much.

Suluhu laughed softly as Riddle Mouth spoke. "You have a great mane," she said appreciatively, moving a little closer to the male to stare up at him. She wiggled her butt against Fireheart's leg, though, not moving too far from her mother. "So you can be great uncle! Or Gu. I like Gu," she said, a little nod accompanying her words.

"Let's not give ridiculous names to Riddle Mouth, Suluhu," Fireheart said with a warning tone, her paw lifting to bump the little rump. She glanced up once more to the king, mouthing 'we can talk later' so the cub wouldn't ask questions.

Dull. Boring. Ugh...for such a colorful group - both literally and figuratively - Hima couldn't be bothered with the males. Her eyes did linger over the strangers that had made their way to the lands along with strange packs and things that they had brought along. It looked like they were building some sort of set for the stage. Was there going to be a show?

Movement caught her eye as two lions emerged from the foliage and instantly she perked up. Oh. Oh. One of the lions who looked like he really didn't want to be at the festivities was quite fetching. She watched as he departed from his companion's side to tuck himself into the shadows as the white lion strode off, leaving him all by himself.

...she knew she had just told herself not to pounce on the first Bahari she saw, but she felt as if she had to or this one would slip back into the trees and be gone forever. Standing, Hima made her calm way over to the pale male, taking a moment more to admire him before moving in for the kill.

"You don't look too pleased to be here," she said, her voice an amused purr. "Did your friend drag you along?"

Thalion

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:41 pm
Farce ||
Ch-choose one of them!? The younger lion froze, his brain shutting down as the world around him seemed to spin. Gods, they thought he was- but no! This was his first Mummer's Ball growing into his mane. Just last year he was just a cub, small and ignorant of the festivities. Sure, the origin of the ball was an attempt to expand the bloodlines via mingling with outsiders but....but there was more to it! Entertainment, dancing, food, and---oh gods.

Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. To say he wasn't interested would be to insult the females, to say he was would make him look like some slime-mouthed womanizer.

Thankfully, Hana gave him an out with her playful wink.He laughed nerviously and backed himself up slightly. "Heh- heh right. Th-then I suppose having tw-two lovely ladies fight over me is out of the quesiton?"

Joke back right? He glanced over to Zephyr, hopeful for some sort of support in this.

Asker's suggestion was met wtih an overly-eager bob of his head. "Yes, certainly, lady's choice. Seems they're getting ready to start."

Riddle-Mouth ||
Gu? Oh no. He wrinkled his nose at the nickname and flicked his tail. It wasn't a flattering nickname. There were lions who went by "pop-pop" when they became grandsires or "unky" when they became uncles but he wasn't one of those lions. He was father, uncle, sire, and cousin- but nothing beyond that.

"You'll learn a thing or two about names, little one."He offered gently. "They have power, and they should be taken seriously. Your real name is yours to guard- the name you use around these folk-"He motioned to the strangers, "That's what you have fun with. Keep them guessing."

He glanced to Fireheart and offered a deep nod. They would talk later...and then he'd find a male to sharpen his claws on. Preferably with an audience as a warning to any who would lay paw against his family.

The dark-pelted male stepped forward, limping painfully on one side. His glossy coat and strong bone structure spoke of a fine lineage and his eyes still held some authority to them. The ugly bend in his front paw and the lopsided gait betrayed an old injury that hadn't quite healed up correctly. His paw was calloused along one side, where he was forced to walk to compensate for the akward angle. When he stood the offending paw was raised, giving himself a more dignified stance over the hobbling gait he sported at other times.

"Thank you for your hospitality." The male spoke, his voice loud but gentle, firm but soft, "Our story opens in a kingdom far away and long ago, back in the days before borders were drawn between kingdoms. A great warlord had swept rhough the territories of the grazers and carnivores alike. Those that did not take up his name as their ruler were broken or left for dead. Horns, hooves, claw, and fang served under him."

The male stepped into the shadow of the stage as the wild dog, the cheetah, and the leopard took the stage, each of them bowing their head to another male standing high on a driftwood "throne".

Anubis ||
"Representitive of the kingdom of the canids- speak."

Sindar ||
The wild dog trembled and stepped forward. Her tail was held low and her entire body screamed submission. She lifted her head, slightly, but her eyes remained on the ground. "High lord, my leige, the hyena coalitions have been subdued. The two factions of the wild dog tribes have taken up your name. They bend their tails to your authority.

AstoriaFallen

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose
He's kind of akward. XD

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:09 am
|| Ram ||
Well, colour him surprised, he had arrived in time for the show! He couldn't have timed this any better, heck, he could technically even slip away after and no one could imply he hadn't made an effort. He was rather satisfied with this turn up of events and the small smile that crept across his lips at the realisation that, for once, fate had embraced him. He wouldn't express this to everyone of course, that would be rude, but there was something delightful about the fact that he would be able to escape his obligations much earlier than anticipated.

...Or so he had thought.

A lion could only slip out again largely unnoticed if they hadn't been spotted, or more importantly, someone hadn't struck up a conversation. No sooner had he managed to hide himself in a corner, than he had been sighted and the lioness had made a beeline straight for him. It took quite a bit of effort on his part to maintain the neutral, but pleasant, expression. So much for sneaking out early, eh?

"I would say that he endeavoured to remind me of my obligations," he replied in even tones and shook his head. "But you are accurate in the sense that I was coerced in to attending, regardless of how mild such coercion might have been..."

|| Solomon ||
She spoke! His response was a warm smile as he closed the gap and then he afforded a delicate bow. He had dealt with the shy and uncertain before, best not to spook them no matter how good your attentions may be. Thus he maintained a reasonable discuss and gave her more than ample time to scope him out. As a Bumani he was a rather big lion, but he seemed to hold no malice or ill intent...

"Quite the name," he finally broke his silence and took a seat, motioning to himself with his paw as he settled into a more comfortable position. "I'm Solomon," he continued dutifully. "I'm from the Bahari...if the smell and mane didn't already give it away," he afforded a chuckle, acutely aware of the fact that his kin had rather strange, wiry fur in comparison to their counterparts elsewhere.

"I couldn't help but notice you were... In two minds about shuffling over to say hello," he pointed at a number of groups. "I know a few of them, I could introduce you if you would like?"

|| Shimmer Smith ||
"We're pretty close to some decent ones," Shimmer had been watching the crowds and her chosen spot since she'd gotten here. In fact, she'd specifically chosen where she was to 'sell' her wares until it was ready for the show. Thus, before Areo or any other could protest her decision, she trotted off in the direction of her chosen spot and deposited herself there. Admittedly, she doubted anyone could complain, as she had purposefully chosen a little slope of land with an ample vantage point.

She and her companions would be able to sit, or lie, up here in comfort without having to worry about any of the taller lions (and there were quite a few) getting in their way. All in all, it was a guarantee that she, at the very least, was going to enjoy the show. Quite frankly she had always been a touch frustrated as a younger lioness when she hadn't been able to see over the heads of those who were larger than her!

|| Zephyr ||
Zephyr let out a snort of laughter as Farce tried to recover from their teasing. Bless his poor soul, but they really were giving him a little bit of a headache...if he ever returned to another Mummer's Ball it would be a miracle (and she hoped to be there to see it). Still, she had to give him credit for trying, and as he hinted that she should battle it out with Hana, she gave the other female a sidelong glance.

"I don't fancy my chances," Zephyr replied sorrowfully and shook her head. "Unless I'm allowed to put her at a disadvantage I'll never win," she pronounced and clucked her tongue. She gave a momentary pause and smirked, "Unless of course I'm allowed to set the rules, in which case it might actually be a fair fight," she cooed teasingly.

She then afforded a glance towards Asker, quirking a brow at his attempted recovery. She would be the first to agree that his initial joke had fallen flat and he was worthy of a smack upside the head, that was for sure. However when he continued to indicate how he would seduce a partner, she couldn't help but gaze at him in despair. Gifts and compliments, what was he aiming for, a trophy?

"Well if you're looking for a trophy wife, I'm sure I can dig up a few willing participants," she mused and tilted her head to the side. "If Gifts and fine compliments are all you want to give them!" she announced and stuck her tongue out. She then followed obediently after Shimmer, electing to get herself comfortable just in case the theatrical performance was a long one...

Suffice to say that 'comfort' for Zephyr was flopping right on to her tummy, splaying out her legs, and looking all around undignified. It was a bit of a far cry from how she tended to look while standing up.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Thalion
xD He's adorable

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 pm
| Hana |
Hana was more than happy to let Shimmer take the lead - and Shimmer seemed more than happy to take it. Hana padded slowly after the merchant, most of her attention on Zephyr as the older lioness spoke. Hana grinned cheekily.

"I'm not overly certain I should agree to any rules you set", she taunted. The brightly coloured lioness had a spunk that was very endearing. Hana very decidedly liked Zephyr, even more so as she continued to razz her brother. Hana had quickly forgiven Asker's joke - relieved as she was to have it confirmed that he was joking - but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy Zephyr's teasing. It was all in good fun, and if it got too personal, she'd be sure to jump in and calm things down.

Hana settled herself next to Zephyr as the lioness practically fell to the sand. She couldn't hide a smirk as she tucked her paws underneath her - always the vigilant Patron, she sank to the ground in a position that afforded both comfort and the ability to spring to her paws, ready to fight, at a moment's notice. She found herself actually excited for the show, but that didn't stop her from being wary.

| Zuni |

Zuni felt her pelt grow hot with embarrassment and her tail twitched uncomfortably - Dhoru, along with the pride leaders, had insisted that she choose a name to give to those not of their family. As much as she enjoyed the extra protection, she was quick to sheepishness when people commented on her 'gypsy name'. She tried to smile away the feelings, but it really came out more of a grimace, so she quickly stopped.

As he introduced himself, Zuni lowered her head in an awkward bow of sorts; she meant it to be polite, but it probably didn't come off as much more than an odd twitch. She tensed as Solomon offered to introduce her to those lions he knew in the crowd - especially since it wasn't likely that he was referring to her own pridemates. He would probably assume she knew her own kin. For several heartbeats, she remained silent, a mental war raging in her head as she tried to get the courage to accept the white lion's offer. After all, she wanted to make new friends. She was just.. well, scared, as usual.

After what she felt was an awkward almost-eternity, she looked Solomon in the eyes and opened her mouth to speak. No words came out. She closed her mouth, twitched her ears, and nodded fervently. Hopefully that would be enough to get the point across that she wanted to try.

Epine de Rose
As you can probably tell, Zuni is quite the timid creature. I hope Solomon won't see her as rude as she really is trying to get herself out there more. Also, she'll probably get super clingy with him once they actually go near anyone since he's the stranger she trusts the most. He's the least strange stranger. lmao XD

AstoriaFallen

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am
Suluhu tilted her head as her nickname was rebuffed by both her mother and by Riddle Mouth, but it didn't discourage her. She just nodded a bit and glanced towards the stage as the new lions began to speak. Oh, it looked like it was starting!

"Ma, can I go watch?" she asked, looking up at Fireheart with a hopefully look on her face.

"Yes, go on. But it's back to the den with you once they're done," Fireheart said as she gave her rump a little nudge with her nose. She watched the little princess run off to get closer to the stage and sighed quietly. At least she listened sometimes.

"These...performers are here for the night and the night alone, yes?" she asked once her daughter was out of range. "They move on in the morning?" As much as she wanted to see the pride grow and be successful, having groups of creatures come and go didn't sit well with her. They were supposed to be somewhat secluded, after all. Was it this easy to stumble across their lands?

Obligations? As far as she knew the Bahari weren't obligated to come. Perhaps he was some higher rank over there...if they had ranks like that. She honestly didn't know much about their sister pride but perhaps today would be a good day to learn.

"Well, it seems we're in good company of one another then," Hima said with a little wrinkle of her nose. "It's all a bit silly." A bit was an understatement, but she didn't want to come off as disliking her pride. Really, the Kizi wasn't a bad place to live. The jungle had food and water, the beach was nice to walk on. There were some decent members, but there were just too many eccentric lions making their home here for her liking.

"What's it like in your neck of the woods?" she asked casually. Even if this male turned out to be dull she could always follow him back if the Bahari sounded like the change she was looking for.

Thalion

Epine de Rose

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas