Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
SDRP Academy: POL 101 Fall 2015 OOC Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:04 am
Ozenko
Watervoir
Thornwick
Tunes14

Is Tunes14 alright? They have not created a proper character even up till now.

^^;; I've know no clue, to be honest. I'm here as a student, myself, so I have no communication with Tune14 on the faculty level; the only contact I've had with Tunes14 was to issue out raffle tickets.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 pm
Ozenko
Watervoir
Thornwick
Tunes14

Is Tunes14 alright? They have not created a proper character even up till now.

As far as I know, Tunes14 is alright. She has created a proper character; it was just that her character description was over 50 words so I've been waiting on confirmation of a shorter version. But looking at it again, the description had the character name so I'll put that up.

Tunes14

Poke!  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:39 pm
QueenArasene
Hallo again! I haven't gotten to post yet but I will. Probably. Sometime next week. Stuff like that. Yeah.

*chews your hair*

Thornwick
ninja *brainstorms*

ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm
Watervoir
*chews your hair*

My hair! sweatdrop  

QueenArasene

Polar Bear

37,775 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25

Tunes14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:23 pm
I'm alright. I broke the 50 word limit in my character profile and had to rewrite it. Then I pasted the new one over the old one (in the quote) instead of making it clear in my message. So I'm ok; I'm just busy confusing everyone. xp

And I am actually blowing off my homework to be here. But I realized that time sped up for me for a week or so there and I haven't been on here in a while. Since I want to make sure my post is decent, I will get to that after my homework. I might not get it up until tomorrow or the next day, but it will be up soon and I am not dead yet. I will be a zombie on halloween, but that is a long way off, so for now I'm very much alive. I promise!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:38 pm
QueenArasene
Watervoir
*chews your hair*

My hair! sweatdrop

You have a magnificent pigtail there. The perfect chew toy. emotion_omnomnom

Tunes14
I'm alright. I broke the 50 word limit in my character profile and had to rewrite it. Then I pasted the new one over the old one (in the quote) instead of making it clear in my message. So I'm ok; I'm just busy confusing everyone. xp

OH. I didn't catch that at all. Updated the roster!

And okie dokie. Homework and real life matters come first!  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Watervoir

A post has been submitted. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 am
Thornwick
Watervoir

A post has been submitted. 3nodding

Yay! Great work. biggrin

Blucshia
Ozenko
QueenArasene
Thornwick
Tunes14

Quoting everyone. Get your posts in guys if you haven't yet, don't take too long please, blah blah blah.

Just some more interesting extra notes:

Those of you who have posted are free to keep posting and interacting. Great job starting and your posts have been great reads.

For those who have not yet posted, just letting you know that I notice the two intro posts so far could be longer than what you might be used to as an opening (I have no idea if they are for you guys, but just based on what I see across RPs, it seems this could be the case). You don't need to write so much if you don't want to -- just write the length that you are comfortable with. The minimum length I will ask of the opening post though is a paragraph (per post), and this will be a rule and I will be adding it to the rules list shortly. I've just basically thrown you guys off the deep end to start. razz I will be covering in this class what goes into a good intro post down the line, but for now just post something you think works best and experiment and learn!

Also, I'm going to put up a guild announcement for this class soon. I think I'll cap it at 8 students.  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:12 pm
Ozenko

Just letting you know that I read your recent post. I'll have Archie respond to Nonoko as soon as I've squared away a few things with another roleplay I'm participating in.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:35 pm
Thornwick

Hello!
Sorry i havent posted something yet,Rl stuff..
Ill try to do it today.
The bad thing is that i didnt add a description of my character, its ok if i said that it looks like my avi?
sweatdrop  

Blucshia

Fuzzy Senshi

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 pm
Blucshia
Thornwick

Hello!
Ill try to do it today.
The bad thing is that i didnt add a description of my character, its ok if i said that it looks like my avi?
sweatdrop

Watervoir

Hi there! I'm not sure if you meant to ping me or Water (she's actually in control of the course instructor), but try not to rush into posting; we believe RL takes priority, but thanks for giving us the heads up. Not unless RL is looking so busy that today is actually the best day to do it, then go ahead. 3nodding

If you're worried about the description portion in the application, try not to fret too much; I didn't add a physical description on my application either. Just add your physical descriptors into your post. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 pm
Blucshia
Thornwick

Hello!
Ill try to do it today.
sweatdrop

What Thorn said about RL stuff coming first. 3nodding

It's not a bad thing! The description is supposed to be a really really brief and rough outline of what your character is about. You can flesh out further details in your posts, and in the future, you will have an assignment where you fill out a character profile.  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:25 pm
Watervoir
Blucshia
Ozenko
QueenArasene
Thornwick
Tunes14

Just need some clarification. Is the handwritten sign on the outside of the classroom? Is the classroom locked or are the students able to step inside?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 pm
Watervoir
Blucshia
Ozenko
QueenArasene
Thornwick
Tunes14

Additionally...

I hate to be nitpicky, but wasn't there something in the rules agianst using bold, colored font for dialogue?  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 am
Watervoir
Blucshia
Ozenko
QueenArasene
Thornwick
Tunes14

Thornwick
Just need some clarification. Is the handwritten sign on the outside of the classroom? Is the classroom locked or are the students able to step inside?

The sign is on the outside and the classroom is locked.

Those who need to edit their posts in light of this new information should note down [EDITED] towards the bottom of the post to indicate to others that their post has been modified and that the post needs to be reread.

Thornwick
Additionally...

I hate to be nitpicky, but wasn't there something in the rules agianst using bold, colored font for dialogue?

Yes. ninja It's probably pretty obvious I didn't write in that rule, and in actuality, I bold and colour my dialogue in a regular RP. The reasoning in that section of the rules mention a good point though, which is that in these classes we need to practice focusing on entire posts, so we should go with that.

I'm not going to make everyone who has coloured/bolder font edit their posts (although they are welcome to edit them if they want), but moving forward, everyone should un-colour/unbold their posts/dialogue.

Thank you for raising these questions. 3nodding  
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces