Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Calling All Trainers! (Tourney Discussion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When should we hold the next tourney following the Kanto Cup?
  August 15: Three months after the Kanto Cup begins
  Three months after the Kanto Cup concludes, likely August/September
View Results

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:08 pm
So, I meant to bring this up much sooner, but I'd like to go ahead and discuss our next tourney. Yes, I know the one we'll be having on May 15th hasn't even begun and people are likely still building their teams for that. However, we do already have an idea for the next one, namely in that it'd be using the triples format. Anything past that, we haven't fully ironed out yet, but most likely it'll be a vanilla tourney outside of its format since it's one we've never done before.

That all said, we're figuring to have this happen in three months' time, but when would be best for everyone? I personally feel a late August/early September timeframe would be best since chances are that'll be three months after our Kanto Cup concludes, giving ample time to prepare for it and hopefully without burning people out in the process. Alternately, we could do it three months after the Kanto Cup begins, but I feel this might create the very problems that should be avoided; regardless, that option would mean that it'd start on August 15th.

So, as before, thoughts and concerns would be great to hear about this. I'll also be putting up a new poll for this, as we've long since had a date for the Kanto Cup. Also, would like to discuss potential tourney prizes, which WILL include the Kanto Cup.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 pm
For me personally, in regards to the next tourney, I won't even be in-state for it if it were held starting the 15th of August. I will be in Michigan with the fiancee meeting family. So September would be a more ideal time-frame for me.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm
Am I alone in thinking late July might not be out of the question?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:59 am
You probably are, Sub. Considering our track record with tournaments in general, and by that, having everyone be up and ready for them, let alone arrange times to even just spend that few minutes battling...its to say the least a headache every now and then. Take the round-robin tourney we had recently if you want the most recent example. Then the time frame in general you're suggesting, where usually people are either taking trips, holding down jobs, or getting ready for school. If anything, at least, I'd say wait to plan the next one AFTER this one is over, to see how quick we get through this one and to see what everyone's schedules is maybe looking like in that three month time frame. Me personally, I don't see anything happening in my agenda, but I have been blindsided before.

As far as prizes are concerned, not a clue on that one. I remember we used to ante up Gaia gold, but considering that Gaia gold nowadays have the same virtual worth as post-WWI German marks, yeeaaaah...seems like a piss-poor prize now.

As a side note, as this is our first triples tourney, I'd pretty much recommend going back to the rulesets similar to how we had (no sharing same item, ban legends, etc), to at the very least get the feel on how a triples fight is supposed to work, because like probably everyone in this team, the most we've all done on a triple battle is...well...the mandatory fights main game in Gen 5 or the optional ones in Gen 6...and chances are, we dealt with it no differently than a in-game singles or doubles fight.

As a second side note, regardless if we go through with the triple battle tourney or not, another idea to be had is, if I recall correctly, Inverse Battles are a thing for online fights. Throw everything on its head at that point. That might be worth at least one try, even if it might turn out to be a confusing disaster to no fault to anyone. Ghosts taking Super Effective damage from Normal Type attacks anyone? Have fun with that thought.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 pm
Much as Inverse Battles would be a fun format, Blizz and I have just checked that and the games don't allow battles with that rule. However, I've also checked, and four-player battles ARE indeed possible, with the game letting you just choose who to bring into the match.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:20 am
Darksol88
Much as Inverse Battles would be a fun format, Blizz and I have just checked that and the games don't allow battles with that rule. However, I've also checked, and four-player battles ARE indeed possible, with the game letting you just choose who to bring into the match.

Really, four-player battles huh? That could be interesting.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash