Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Has this kind of things happened to anyone else? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GothicPrincess14309

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:54 pm
water alchemist mabu6
Yep. I walk to school mostly everyday and sometimes i walk home also.
People usually give me bad cooments or a dirty look or so.
They think im weird cuz i'm an asian gothic boy. I dont like using
umbrellas either. I've been splashed on by cars a couple of times.
Well anyway, just dont let them get to you

Your signiture pic about the goths is true and for that you are AWSOME!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:40 am
... the worst that ive had was someone try to cut me with a blade from a table saw in shop class... they just happen to suck with aim... and diddnt count on me seeing them come up behind me... the worst ive been caled... cant realy write on line... its a bit... well... yeah...  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

.x.strawberry.x.gashes.x.

Crumbly Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:23 pm
People tend to avoid me. The ones at school who do make comments are feeble attempts that are about as painful as stabbing yourself with a Q-Tip. ^^

Outside of school there have only been three incidents: once where I was splashed with mud by a couple of college guys on motorbikes. Once where some kids thought it would be a good idea to throw crab apples at me, and finally, my mental neighboor who chased me down the street with a cross, screaming "PURGE YOURSELF OF THE HELL WITHIN!" xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:50 pm
A few weeks ago , three of my friends and I were walking in downtown of our neighbore town. Some kids drove by and threw a basically empty bup of ketchup at use. We ignored it and kept walking. About one minute later they came back and threw a packet of Mc. Donalds' sweet and sour sauce at us. It hit the road and exploded all over me and one of my more 'goth' looking friends. We were pissed so he and I walked around for the next ten-fifteen minuets looking for the car to mess it up. We couldn't find it. A week later I found out that the kid who threw the sweet and sour sauce at us went to our school. We're planning our revenge now.

Talamascan

The Reused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:28 pm
yeah i get glares on the street too!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:29 pm
i also get glares from gangsters hanging outside of deli's  

The Reused

Sumarra

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:04 pm
No one says anything to me cause I have some pritty tough friends who could and would beat the crap out of them. But they were not always there and I would get lots of things like once this guy on my bus sprayed ax in my hair. I was pissed. But what do you say he was in Grade nine and I was only in Grade six. But as I said I dont have that problem any more cause Im in Grade eight. And I have friends who could beat that kid to kingdom come. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Now, I'm not specifically goth, but with the way I think (OMG! That girl doesn't wear pink! She must like death and crap!!!) stare ...different... my school figures I might as well be. And I get stupid comments all the time.

But I really feel bad for one guy in my English class. He's goth, and he's picked on relentlessly. Everyone thinks he's a Satanist and that when he mutters that they're idiots under his breath (with goo reason stare ) they think he's cursing them.

People are such idiots. Very... preppy... idiots.

Harlequin Hisakata

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:53 pm
I have a best friend
shes black, blind (legaly blind not 100%), gay and emo
And me, uh i guess im a type of deathrocker/punkish type person
so visually we are very diffrent
thus the people in my school can not comprehend how we can get along
which somehow leads them to the answer, well they must be dating, dam dykes

And becuse she is blind, everyday i walk her to her study block, and make sure people dont slam into her. We walk the same route every day so she can find her way if im not there and we always pass the same group of boys.

Who throw s**t at us, call us queers, dykes, ***** and cracka love
call me a corspe, a pouser and GC punk ( thats good charlote punk, a ref to me just being trendy and not actully into punk)

much of the time we just ignore them, but im quite sure they do worse on the days that im not there, and she has to walk through the hall way alone

evil  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:21 pm
I get stuff thrown at me. Paper, M&Ms. Stuff like that.

I'm punk/goth, bi, and just different. I don't really go anywhere, so people see that as odd. Some people hated me before I dressed goth everyday. Others hate me because they heard rumors. Other people see how I dress and hate me for it. But it doesn't matter, because even if I was to change my style for them, I would still be critiqued, so I'll dress how I like, and be myself.

Goths at my school think I'm a poser, and other kids think I'm weird.

I tend to get things said to me the most. I even had kids say they should kick my a** (or someone should), and throw those elective booklets hoping I'd fall. People groan when they have to work with me, no one would get into any groups with me, and I don't have that many friends.

People think I do spells and listen to "Demon Music" (Punk/goth music, even if it has nothing to do with evil stuff....Like plenty of Evanescence songs out there.) and even before I dressed goth people thought I cut myself.  

lola_siannodel

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:14 pm
Hum... dunno. I guess I should consider myself lucky in that situation. No one's ever thrown stuff at me, picked a fight with me, or anything else like that. The worst I've had is someone in my Spanish class calling me emo because he doesn't know the difference between a goth and emo.
But then again, it's probably because I have a look on my face that reads 'Don't you ******** dare mess with me!' Maybe that's why no one works with me in groups? Oh well, I still get good grades without them.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:29 pm
If they see even the smallest cut on me they scream "OMG, CUTTER!!!1" at my school. People at my school see me as different because I'm not a "prep" or a "gangsta". I am the ONLY one that ever get picked on. It's gotten to the point to where I will attack them out of the blue if I ever find them off school grounds. Oh, yeah and there's always at least three people who try to convince people that I'm a poser, I want to skin them and throw them into a giant vat of hot lye. Oh, and by the way I'm the only real goth in the school, but they think that anyone that wears black alot must be goth (emos, rebels and black metalers)...Those pathetic morons...  

Soviet Reunion

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:35 pm
ShadowsMystery

I have a look on my face that reads 'Don't you ******** dare mess with me!' Maybe that's why no one works with me in groups? Oh well, I still get good grades without them.
Yep, that's how I work too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:43 pm
Of course it happens the most of us, darkling. Those who are of the majority of a certain fad or culture look down upon those of a subculture. It's the whole bias thing and generalization. I mean heck, I've had it so bad that this chick tried to push me down this hill that had barbed wire, broken glass, and sharp rocks on it. If she had succeeded I would've probably been in the hospital. Luckily though I swung at her. Of course, I missed, but I hit the bottle she was holding and THAT hit her in the face.  

N I G H T B R E E D

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces