Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:46 pm
User ImageDecadent snorted and pawed the ground in dismay at how close the lizard had come to her precious flowers. She chose not to snap at him as it had been a rather impressive display of agility. She did however whirl and unleash her temper on Pollux.

"I would appreciate it if you would allow me to eat my dinner peacefully!" She let the irritation she had felt at the startle Mek had given her color her voice. It was easier to express it than hold it. She didn't have any sort of practice with patience and didn't feel the need to start now. "I enjoy listening to the sounds of what is going on around me as opposed to the bellowing of some great beast. It would do you well to keep that in mind if you are to stay here." And while she was on a tirade she may as well speak her mind about the other thing that she was worried about. She dropped her voice to a cold tone. "Also, while you are here, stay out of my food. The only thing in my Gardens you may eat are those that I give to you. Enjoy them for you won't find better nearby."

Grumbling under her breath she took her meal some distance away and nibbled at it. As she delicately chewed her food she once again mulled over the pros and cons of keeping them around. She supposed Mek's recent display would have to be a positive even as much as it had startled her. Her keen hearing had not failed to miss the insect that he had dispatched. This time of year was bad for bugs eating her plants and if that were his normal diet it might be a good thing to have him around. As long as she didn't get too attached to his company it might be nice to be lazy a little during the summer.

Her thoughts turned once again to Pollux. It would be learning to put up with him that would be a chore. However, with as eager to please as he seemed to be it might not be that hard to get him in line and keep him there. For all his size he was kind of a pushover. Hopefully that wouldn't work against her in the long run if she set him to guard her little garden domain. Speaking of, she was going to have to plant more food. Maybe tomorrow she could start putting him to work breaking some ground over near the rest of the food.

She finished her meal and decided to go make sure a final time that her new acquisitions weren't causing any trouble before she went up to her cave for the night. It definitely wasn't because she felt a little bad about taking out her temper on the big, obviously gentle Dino. No, that wouldn't be it at all.

WC:489  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am
User ImageDang it, he upset her again! Pollux thought to himself, partially dissappointed since he believed they were off to a good start. Something to work on. I cant give up! Im going hold up our bargain and do what I can all the time.
At Deca's outburst he closed his lips together and shrunk back slightly. Not that he was afraid but that she put more emotion behind it than usual. Maybe she was starting to soften? Nah.
Nodding a response of her demand to stay out of her food his eyes shifted down to the delicious bounty in front of him. his mouth opened and began watering profusely, all these plants looked amazing! Ripe, plump tasty fresh mouthwatering morsels of nummyness! He had eyed her as she distanced herself from them, waiting for her to begin her meal. As much as he wanted to gorge on his delicious plethora of plantyness he still had enough courtesy to wait for the lady to begin.

Pollux was terribly excited and a little scared about the days transgressions. He covered alot of distance in his travels but now found a possible purpose in life, maybe he would find his true calling and find out many things about the world and himself. But he also encountered a harsh and beautiful mare, she was very smart, much smarter than himself. Maybe she could help teach him important things about this lovely and different place? But he also makes her mad very easily. Gotta figure out how to communicate without angering his lovely hostess.

Pollux knew in his heart they would be ok, it just might be a really hard road til they get to that point. After way too much thinking and eating he let out a quiet sigh as he looked up at the sky past the trees. Closing his glowing eyes he squeezed as hard as he could while he sent out positive energy and good wishes into the heavens. His parents taught him to send good thoughts from the heart into the skies every night, that way the stars would catch them in their big web and someday good things would come if you just believed.

"And may she find true happiness..." He ended up saying out loud, unaware it escaped his big mouth. He stayed watching the skies with a serious and almost intelligent expression, staring at its vast unknown reaches.

WC:401  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm
User ImageWhen Deca's gaze found Pollux standing over the aftermath of his meal with his face skyward and eyes closed it gave her pause. "Great." She grumbled to herself, "Big, loud, and slightly insane." She was about to approach him to find out exactly what he was doing standing there looking like a head case. But then he spoke. Her ears flicked forward and back as she tried to reason through what he had said. She couldn't have heard him right, could she? She shook her head. He must be love sick for someone who had ditched him for someone else. As her father had done to her mother. As her mother had done to her. And again her father. That was the way of the world. That was why she had decided she was fine on her own.

She turned away and snorted. It wasn't any of her business. Deciding that, whatever it was he was doing, he was no more danger to her home for the night she turned away, bounded a few steps and was airborne. She circled her little well kept meadow admiring the fruits of her daily hard work, pointedly not looking at Pollux, before sweeping into the entrance to her little cave. A quick glance ensured her that everything was as she had left it. Never could be too careful with strangers around, you know. Silently she snuck back out toward the entrance, making sure to stay in the shadow lest he try to peep at her, she lay down and watched as the sun painted a brilliant picture across the sky in its final death throes of the day.

The colors reminded her of her mother. Which in turn again brought her mind around to what Pollux had said, to himself or the sky, whichever. Not that she cared. He probably deserved whatever had happened. Like she had. Not that she knew what. But it had to have been something. Someday she might even figure out what it was. "Whatever. " she grumbled to herself trying to kill that train of thought. "And this is why I never let anyone around. Always makes me think to much about useless things. " she didn't think twice about talking to herself. When you're the only company you have you get used to it.

As stars began to dot the sky she reached over and took a sip from the cheery little stream and shuffled herself more comfortable in preparation for sleep. As she was drifting off and her guards on her mind were down a thought flitted across her consciousness. "I wonder if anyone could ever wish me happiness. . ." She murmured as sleep claimed her not even aware of that last little introspective fantasy.

WC: 456

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:29 pm
User ImageWith a giant yawn and much tiredness creeping up on him he plopped down in his cozy dirt patch, rolling a few times to make sure its perfect. He sighed deeply as he drifted off into a nice sleep, being lulled by the constant trickling of water and the soft breezes floating by and sliding over his scaly skin. Mekbuda, also tired, resumed his position on Pols back and curled into a tiny ball surrounding himself with his fronds like a scaly cocoon. This may work out after all....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pollux was up and rearin' to go even before the sun made its glorious appearance. He was determined to do something nice for Deca, since she was going to let him stay and all. Mek didnt even rise when Pol awoke, in fact he was still asleep even while pol was meandering through the forest. Looking all over the place and finding himself some leafy breakfast he stumbled upon a small creek that was lazily winding its way along. He wagged his tail happy to find something different then just greenery wondering if this creek attached to Decas. Shaking his head since it hurt from thinking too hard he decided to take deep gulps to wash town the tasty foliage with. While snout in the waters he noticed something super shiny and almost choked in surprise, regaining his breath he stuck his paws in and grasped the smooth shiny, pulling it to shore and setting it down he inspected it closely. It was PRETTY! It was black on the outer edges but the center had swirls of pink and orange, much like the mare it was for! It almost glowed like fire!
Feeling triumphant and carefully putting the treasure in his mouth he galloped his way back, hoping she wasnt awake yet.

Thankfully he was right! He made it back very fast and wiggled with excitement and fear.....he didnt want to make her mad. Thats when Pol started to have doubts about his little gift for her. Maybe she wouldnt like it? Maybe she would make fun of him for finding her a shiny rock? He shook his head, gift still in his teeth. Furrowing his brow he layed on his bed and set the gift on a leaf, surrounding it artistically with veggies that she may not of noticed before since she flies. Even some fruits were in there! Since Pol loved fruits too. He sighed and decided to take whatever came his way, since he was to help her out. Come what may i guess?

WC:426  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm
User ImageDeca slowly rose through layers of sleep and gradually came to consciousness. The sound of birdsong and the thin still slightly chilly rays of sun creeping into the mouth of the cave where she still slept told her she had slept later than she usually did. She also felt as though she had slept better. More deeply. Which was odd as she had not been in her normal place, having wanted to be on guard in case her strange new . . . well, she wasn't sure what to call him. Acquisition? Pet? Certainly not companion. Anyway, on guard in case the big dumb dino or his pet got any inclinations toward her cave in the night. The thought thought that maybe his nearby presence was a comfort and she felt safer didn't even come close to crossing her mind.

She stood, shook out the kinks in her wings that sleeping on the hard rock rather than her mossy bed had left and bent her head to sip from the convenient little stream that chuckled a good morning before dropping out of sight over the edge of the small cliff. Her thirst satisfied, with a sigh she motivated herself to peek below to see Pollux was still there. "Probably still asleep." she grumbled. "Or if I'm lucky he decided to leave in the night." Her first glimpse showed that he wasn't in his sleeping spot and her hopes rose for a moment. It was a matter of a breath before she spotted him however and that little hope was dashed. However she wasn't as dismayed as she tried to get herself to believe.

He seemed to be concentrated on something on the ground in front of him. Worried about what he might be up to she lept from her perch and made a graceful glide to the ground near his side.
"What are you up to now?" she asked in a long-suffering tone. She moved closer and inspected what appeared to be a pile of foliage and fruit gathered from the area around her carefully managed gardens. She snorted and was about to scoff at his offering when something shiny at the center caught her eye. She bent to inspect the stone more closely and was instantly captivated. "What is that?" She nuzzled at it, forgetting to be irritated with him for his meager offering. In her curiosity her voice had lost the hard edge that she normally used like a weapon to protect herself.

WC:412

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:10 pm
User Image Poll was bewildered at her very different response, he was waiting for her to say something smart and snarky but instead it sounding genuinely interested in something this dumb ol dino had to show. He blinked stupidly for a moment then shook his head with a smile and a small wag,"Its a pretty! for a pretty!" He chuckled deeply, thinking his joke so very clever indeed. "I found it in a creek and it reminded me of you so I figured you would like it...maybe?" He couldnt help himself, he was just so darn proud of himself for finding something so pretty and shiny for the lovely mare. Maybe he would get on her good side after all?

"Well theres some other stuff too but i think the shiny is the best part! I looked all over for this tastiness and look! I found mangoes!" His faveorite! He gave a small wiggle and nudged the plump fruit out from the pile. "Be careful of the hard middle." He offhandedly threw out, more out of bad self experiences and less her not knowing something. Of course she probably knew! Decas so smart! Shaking his head slightly he looked back to Deca, "Did you sleep ok? Did you dream about something good? What can we help with today?"
As if on cue Mekbuda awoke and skittered to the top of Polluxs head. With a cheerful squeak he waved his fronds then remembered the Mare and her....."personality" quickly sucking his fronds to his back and giving her a polite, even if quick, goodmorning nod. "Well about time lazy lizard!" Poll jested at Mek, "Ive gotten so much done already and youve just been asleep on my back!" Mek climbed down Polls face to stare him in the eye upside down, "Ill have you know it takes much energy to watch over you young one." Pollux let out with a hearty guffaw, "You dont have to explain yourself to me buddy! I know sometimes ya just gotta sleep alot." He gave a fake eyeroll and looked at his pretty mare-friend.

WC:347  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:59 pm
User Image"Pretty for a . . .?" Deca shook off her slight bewilderment and her guards were back in place. "I like it. Though I prefer to think my coat shines in the sun much more than this mere stone." The stone really was very pretty. She couldn't wait to take it back up to her cave and add it to her collection. But, he had called her pretty? Sure she knew that she had a certain appeal. It wasn't as though she hadn't had to chase off a stallion or two, or even mares, before. But for some reason his open honest compliment. Threw her off. But if he was going to bring her such nice gifts she supposed she could overlook that little bit of uneasiness.

"Of course the shiny is the best part." She snapped. I have much better food in my- wait. A mango? Is that what those are called? I mean- Of course it's a mango. And I know there's a hard part in the center." The truth was she hadn't come up with a way to cultivate the more tropical type tree into her garden. There was only the one, and sky knew how it had ended up in such a non-tropical climate, but it any starts she took refused to grow. Not that she had known what the fruit was called. Not that she knew what a lot of things were called. She had been rather isolated and her mother, and later her father, hadn't thought it important to impart knowledge such as plant names. Not that she would admit it to this intruder of her life.

When Poll started peppering her with questions her ears flicked back and her tail swished. She was just about to snap at him for his rudeness about overstepping his servile position when Mek's cheerful greeting again threw her off. She hadn't remembered the last time someone had been so happy to see her. And now their were two! At least the lizard quickly corrected himself and the consideration of the action was not lost on her. She felt her skin quiver with nervousness at letting someone have a positive effect on her and gave herself a good shake to hide it. She let the banter between the lizard and his charge be cover for her loss of composure.
"I slept fine!" she snapped. She really wished he would just leave. Get it over with now. Sooner rather than later. But they had made a deal and she was going to uphold her part of it as long as he upheld his. She wouldn't be the first to break.

Snatching the rock up she took a stride and heaved with her wings to get off the ground. She flew straight to her cave and placed the rock in a spot among her collection where it glinted. She couldn't help but admire it. She really shouldn't accept the gift. But it was just so nice. And fit in perfectly. It stood out even among her collection of other shiny bits of rock, dried flowers, shells and other various things that had taken her fancy. There were only a couple other things that still outshone it. A large crystal that cast rainbows when she set it in just the right sunbeams and a multi-color braid of hair created with strands of her own entwined with a precious few of both her father's and mother's hair. Gathered in secret from bushes where they had caught, long after both had left her. It was a reminder not to let anyone get close to her again.

She shook herself again and left her cave trying to think of some hard, tedious, yet useful task with which to set the waiting pair. As she was drifting down she remembered the mango and hoped he hadn't eaten it yet. When her hooves struck the ground she gave him a cool look.
"I think today we should start breaking some ground to plant more food if you do plan on staying here." She folded her wings neatly along her back. "Over there beyond where that edge of the garden turns into field." She motioned in the direction where she wanted him. "See that young tree over there? That's where you stop." She had indicated a very large, extraordinarily rough rocky patch of ground. However despite its apparent inhospitableness she knew that just below the surface was rich soil good for growing the large amounts of food he would require. Not that she cared about him, she told herself. She just wanted him to stay away from her precious flowers.
"Mekbuda. You should come with me to help me decide what would be best to plant for food." she told the lizard in a disinterested tone indicating the space between her wings.

WC: 802

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:20 pm
User Image Polls nervousness turned to a dopey yet smug smile when he saw that she caught on to the compliment, puffing out his chest proudly. He gave her a playful wink and smile," You are right mistress Deca. Your coat DOES shine much much more than the stone. It just reminded me of you a lot!" He beamed at her brightly and wagged his tail. He was extremely glad he brought the mango as well! Hed be sure to leave it just for her to enjoy, since he knew it would be amazingly delicious.

He watched her as she effortlessly flew up to her cave, envious and proud of how graceful she did everything. He knew she wouldnt even see it that way but none the less he still loved watching her! She was just so beautiful, even if dark and sometimes grumpy. She had a past. He knew he could show her a good and fun and loving future! He sighed and swayed to and fro thinking about what they might be in the future....would they be best friends? would she get fed up with him?? maybe he would complete his task and there wouldnt be anything else for him to do?? maybe they would be more than friends??? The last thought made his face darken (As if that was even possible) with a blush. He knew he liked her a lot a lot......shaking his brains of the thought he watched her land....like a sweet petal of a flower in the breeze. Her cool look snapped him out of his daze. Maybe it was the weather making him act funny?

Listening to his directions closely his eyes started to wander...her sharp, intelligent eyes, down her long elegant neck. Stopping to admire the perfect fold of her wings. Everything she did was precise. Perfect.....maybe he could try....He took a hopeful glance at the horror that was the soil he was to work his talent on and winced, but then donned a determined expression and bowed his head very professionally. "Yes Deca. At once." And at once his at once was "at once'd" he set to his task....at once. He plodded over and started to feel around on different spots to find a possible break in the soil. After what felt like FOREVER he found one and went to town, moving meticulously in long rows, even sweeping his tail behind and pounding the middle sections to break those up as well. His muscles flexed and his sides heaved with his brutish strength even though he didnt seem to be tiring as fast as the work would call for.

Mek had left his face perch the moment Deca had returned from the cave and was waiting patiently on a limb that was hanging down at her eye level. He took note of just how much his young friend adored the mare and he smiled, hoping that the best would happen for both in that matter. He blinked surprisedly at how much Poll wished to please her and how quick he was to set to doing his hard task. Mek liked this.....he approved greatly and found the mare to be not as scary as she put off. Tilting his head to listen to his instruction he nodded. "indeed oh great lady, with your phenomenal talent for growing and my knowledge of the dietary needs of my wanderers species we shall make a formidable garden." His tone sounded much like a conqueror at that point, which made himself giggle slightly.

At first the invitation to her back was a little intimidating but the thought of how soft her coat would be temped him into following orders immediately. With a few flaps of his bright fronds he was nestled onto his designated spot, he made sure his sharp claws did not dig and that he wouldnt be noticeable so as not to irritate the mare. Also Mek was correct.....her coat was LOVELY! He quietly inhaled her sweet coat and was calmed. Maybe one day she will let him nap on her...but for now...there was work to be done!!!

WC:682  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm
User ImageDeca could feel his eyes wander over her as she gave him the directions and she had to stop herself from shifting uncomfortably or preening vainly. Which of the two she couldn't decide so she did neither and just furrowed her brow slightly instead. His wincing reaction to the soil she asked him to work pleased her enough that she decided to let him get away with the oddness he had made her feel. This time. It also pleased her that he set to work so willingly right away. As he went on his way to his task she noticed that he had not in fact eaten the mango. She made quick work of it before going back to her own task at hoof.

When Mek waxed poetic about her gardening skills she did allow herself a preen. If there was one thing she was proud of it was her ability to grow things. While on one wing it didn't really matter to her what others opinions of her life or skills were on the other it was still a pleasure to be complimented. She also took a liking to his formality, that was, until he punctuated it with a giggle. Which she flicked her tail at. It almost gave his statement the tone of mockery but he was so innocent that it kept it from going that far. She was just tolerating things left and right today. Must have been something she ate. She shook her head at herself.

When Mek finally floofed his way over to her back it took a concentrated effort to not shiver all over. It had been years since she had had physical contact with another living thing other than her plants and the prey she sometimes had to survive on in winter. She satisfied herself with a small shake that she hoped wouldn't dislodge him. Well, kind of hoped it wouldn't. Kind of did. She flicked her tail at herself. She had to work to do! The sooner it was done the sooner she could go back to avoiding them for a while.

She went to take a step off in the direction of the woods but decided to take one last glance at Pollux to make sure he was actually working. Against her will, the sight of him working captivated her. The way the sun gleamed on his shiny black. The pure power of his muscles in motion. Like watching a landslide. She shook her mane violently at herself when she realized what she was doing having no concern for Mek this time.
"Yeah, and just like a landslide, if you get caught in it it will kill you." She grumbled angrily at herself under her breath. With a snort she stomped off into the trees letting them obscure the view behind her. But not before she stole one last glance.

She spent as much time as she could wandering around the forest with the lizard, taking samples of some of the things he indicated would make good sustenance for the big Dino pain in her rump that had invaded her home. She continually reminded herself that she was doing it for the protection of her gardens and not out of any desire for the company. Besides, even if she told him to leave it wasn't like he would probably stay away anyway. She was rather un-conversational the whole time, choosing to communicate with Mek in grunts and grumbles.

When the shadows grew long with the onset of evening she couldn't justify being away any longer and headed back to check on Pol's progress. She stepped from the edge of the trees and dumped off her mouthful of plants waiting for him to notice her return and comment on the selection. She stole a glance around her clearing, totally not hoping for another stolen glance at him.

WC: 645

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 am
User ImagePoll was hard at working up the last little section, pounding it with accurate brute strength into a nice soft patch ready for planting. His scales were shined and polished from the sweat so he almost appeared like a shiny tar patch. Taking a moment to relax and breathe since his job was now done he stood over his work, admiring the job well done. Considering he did it with no stops it was seamless as if it was already there to begin with so he puffed out his big chest and posed proudly.

After a few moments he turned and noticed Deca and Mek returned with tasty things! He leapt happily and wagged his dino tail giving her a warm and loving smile, "Decadent! Youre back! I missed you." He carefully but excitedly plodded up to her,"Did you guys have a good time??" Poll was still slightly out of breath from all the work he did but he didnt care, his friends were home! "Did you guys get along?" He looked to Mek who was happily nestled between Decas wings, "She is extremely intelligent and you need to listen to everything she tells you young one." He said matter of factly to Poll. "Respect all of her wishes. She is good." And with that Mek gave Deca an appreciative nod and floofed over to a nearby plant to rest a little.
WC:233  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:01 pm
User ImageThe sun reflecting off of Pollux's hide caught and held Deca's eye. She watched almost entranced as he pounded up the rough patch of dirt. When he stopped it took her a moment to process that it was because he had finished the entire area she had indicated he should do. Had he worked non stop while she was gone? She had half expected him to loaf about as soon as she was out of sight. The mare was impressed in spite of herself. She moved her eyes quickly away from him before he could notice she was staring. Instead she swept it over the ground with a critical eye, looking for some sort of flaw in his work that she could pick apart to make herself feel better about her odd reactions to him. She found nothing she could complain about and so settled for a catlike angry tail swish.

She was glad it took Pol a moment to notice her because it gave her the time to compose herself into a slightly grumpy demeanor. However she was again taken about at the excitement he displayed at her return. 'It's probably just the prospect of food to shove into his fat face.' she reasoned to herself. This to however was thrown off when he didn't instantly fall upon the food but rather asked about her time with Mek. When Mek replied with a compliment to her intelligence she had to preen a little bit. However, when she responded it was with a snappy comment.
"Make sure you wash yourself well. I don't need you making my meadow stink like unwashed male." Grudgingly she added, "The soil looks well worked." She turned away to head to her cave for the night. Over her shoulder she called "Tomorrow we'll do the gathering and planting." With that she took a couple leaping bounds and took flight circling higher into the sunset.

From the air she couldn't help but admire his work again. He really was turning out to be useful. It gave her satisfaction to be able to expand her gardens and with that much less effort on her part it was even better. It would have taken her all summer to turn the area he had done in a few hours. She swooped into her cave and shook her head at herself. She had to remember not to get too used to it. This was only a temporary arrangement after all. He would probably eventually just leave her as well. She took a sip from the stream that ran through her home as she contemplated exactly how she was going to plant the new area with food. There was just so much new area to work with! With pleasant thoughts of plants she settled herself down for the night. When she finally fell asleep it was heaving muscles under a dark hide that she dreamt of.

WC: 485

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:40 pm
User Image
The big dino was so thrilled that she gave a small compliment and had no qualms with his hard work, it was the most praise hed gotten from her so he was overjoyed! giving himself a little victory dance he pranced about, but remembered to be careful around his huge feet. Catching what his friend was saying he bobbled around, "I know buddy, of course I gotta listen. Shes pretty nice and beautiful too..AND shes my friend....well I think she is?" His gaze followed where she was and he finally noticed the food she left, smiling wide he went to trying everything which was DELICIOUS. He knew she would find goodies for him even if she looked like she didnt care or had better things to worry about. She was a really nice mare deep down and he was gonna help her see it no matter what!

After finishing his tasties he gave a giant bellowy yawn and plodded over to his nice little area she gave him. He had a big dopey tired smile on his face as he circled and flomped down with a mighty thud. "Gnight Beautiful Deca!" He called after her, uncaring if she heard him or not. He did a good by her and was satisfied and decided to send his goodnight wishes anyway. His head slowly lowering to the ground he mumbled a goodnight to Mek who was already wrapped in his fronds and snoozing, he almost couldnt see him on the plant, sly lizard. Unable to keep open his heavy lids he was instantly reduced to quiet but heavy sleep breathing. Dreaming about happy days with the pretty mare, smiling and enjoying herself and being free as she should.
WC:286  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 pm
User ImageOver the next several weeks Deca dedicated herself wholly to working and planting the newly turned soil. It was her passion to plan and plant gardens. Each day she would send Pollux and Mek out to fetch various plants and occasionally highly fragrant flowers. She had learned that certain scents controlled various pests and she wanted to be sure that nothing interfered with Poll's food supply. She was just worried for her flowers, she rationalized with herself.

As they got into a rhythm of their days spring passed into summer and one morning Deca realized that she was done with all she could do to create her new garden. Now it was just a matter of maintaining it until it was established enough the start being harvested. Most of the plants that they had started with were just a few days shy of that point and this brought great satisfaction to the little mare.

Despite herself, over their time together Deca had become accustomed the the presence of the big dino stud. She noticed, and even appreciated, that even though his feet were large and seemingly clumsy he was always very careful with how he carried himself around her work and flowers. It became almost second nature for her to ask for his help in moving soil and irrigating the plants. This did not however translate to anything beyond their work. At mealtimes she still spoke harshly to him and avoided spending much time with him beyond when they were working.

As the days continued to wear onward the summer heat grew and grew. Soon it was more fierce than Deca had ever seen it. It was a struggle to keep their little home green and healthy. Even the little stream that flowed from Deca's cave that wasn't normally affected by the seasonal changes became more sluggish in it's flow. She found herself spending more and more time out in the heat changing the flow of her irrigation and having to make hard choices as to what plants she would have to let suffer and maybe even die in the heat. She, however, refused to let such a fate come to her precious roses so there was at least one cool green area around the little pool at the base of the cliff.

In the middle of one of the hottest days of hard work Deca found herself feeling shaky and lightheaded. She excused herself from their current project and made her way over to wear the roses bloomed vibrantly.
"I'll just lay down for a moment." She mumbled to herself as she collapsed into the springy grass her world spinning. She lay there and breathed deeply of the heavily rose frangranced air. It was just so hot! She realized that she was very thirsty and the sound of the water trickling into the pool nearby became the focus of her world. She tried to arrange her legs so she could heave herself to her feet but found that she couldn't do so. She cursed loudly and tried a few more times before finally giving up and rolling over to her side. She should have drank before she laid down. Maybe after another moment of laying in the grass she would try again. Just after the thought crossed her mind Deca's world did another lurching spin and then went dark.

WC: 560  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm
User ImageAs time went on for Pollux and his companion he learned many amazing gardening skills from Deca, making sure to remember everything important, that way she would be satisfied with his work! He was always out to impress her in anyway he could,
even if he didn't notice he was doing so. She was such a great teacher, even if a little strict in her methods. Pollux was happy with whatever attention he received from her as long as it wasn't anger!

Every day, from the morning to the evening they would work hard together and he loved all of it. She would find things for him and Mek to do all the time and she was nice about it too! Maybe he was gaining some ground with Deca as far as their relationship went. It didn't matter, he would keep tying for as long as it took to make her smile and be happy. It seemed the dream of the little mare being truly happy and content was recurring, almost every night he would have the same dream and Pollux took that as a sign to make it reality, so that is what he strove for every single day. Mealtime together was great too! Instead of eating and flying up to her cave she actually spent time with them, it was almost too good to be true. Pollux was thrilled to do whatever she asked whenever she asked.

When the heat decided to increase it was getting hard for everyone, that time made him sad for he saw that the mare was having a hard time. She adored her plants, they were like her children and she treated them all with respect and kindness that she normally didn't show to others. That's another reason he loved watching her, he knew she had a sweet soul and wanted to bring it forward. He did all he could to assist her and was even patient when the stress of her dying garden was tinging her personality. Pollux would always be there for his girl.

On one particularly scorching day they were all working together on a big project that required a lot of physical labor. Poll was all right, even if he was roasting and sweating in his big hide, however he was worried about Deca. When the little mare had mentioned she was going to lay down but didn't go up to her cool cave he waited for a moment and followed her. By the time he got over to her after waiting she had already collapsed from the heat and he sprung into action. "Oh no! oh NO!!!" He had to think quickly, looking around to see what could help. "What do I do?" He was upset and almost in tears since he wasn't extremely quick at coming up with solutions. He managed to find some spongy moss around the small pool that she feinted by and pulled it from the ground dunking it in the waters till it slightly absorbed the cool moisture, then he carefully began to dab it on her hot coat. Think, Pol, think! Grabbing more and dipping he surrounded her with cool mosses, at least until he could get her somewhere shaded.

Finally the thought hit him, and it was a doozy. He needed to get Deca to her cave. But that was the problem, it was high so land walkers couldn't access it on purpose. He gritted his teeth in frustration, he needed to save her but KNEW she would be extremely furious with him for making it reachable. He HAD to do something and Now if it was going to happen so he steeled himself, found giant leaves to make a little shady shelter with to protect her form the sun as best as he could, while he went to the task of destroying her solitude.

He stood before the base of the cliff, glaring at what he had to ruin. This was awful but he was going to do whatever it took to save his girl! Letting out a bellow he began to pulverize the earth as quickly as his muscles would let him, carving out stone and mud he made crude but useful steps in a switchback pattern. This was the most difficult soil hes ever moved and his muscles were already sore from the days work but he ignored the throbbing pain and didn't miss a single beat in devastating the barrier. It only took him a few hours but it was at full bore! He was muddied, bruised and heaving when he got done, standing at the top. He took one deep breath and sadly apologized before making his way back down to fetch the Mare.

Making sure she was all right he hoisted the little thing with ease along his long back, using his tail to adjust her if she slid anywhere. "All right, here we go!" And with that he went to the task of trekking up his stair with his precious cargo in tow, managing to grab some of the cool moss in his mouth. It was difficult, Pollux had to go slowly and readjust and take breaks. Its not that she was heavy, its that his body was starting to give, but he was determined no matter the circumstance. Just as he thought he was going to pass out he made it! Looking about he found a nice slanted flat rock that was near the water, it was a nice pool which was perfect! He very carefully lowered himself and then his lady onto the rock, adjusting her to be comfortable. Taking the moss he dipped it in the pool and then placed it along her forehead. There......he thought. She should be.....fi- Mid thought he blacked out in a bruised,bloodied and muddied pile.

WC:970  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 am
User ImageDeca drifted. Her consciousness coming and going like waves on an ocean shore. She heard loud shuffling and grunting and briefly wondered what Pollux was up to before she was gone again. She was vaguely aware that she had pushed herself too hard in the heat. Not the first time but probably the worst. The next time she gained a semblance of awareness she felt like maybe the ground was moving under her. She thought it was rather weird to suddenly be having an earthquake and then she was out again.

Deca was in and out for the rest of the day. Briefly she thought she might be in her cave but that was impossible because there was no way for her to have gotten there. Dismissing it as a fever dream she didn't spare any more thoughts toward it. Finally as evening fell and, though it was no cooler, a soft breeze began to blow Decadent found herself fully conscious. The sound of the stream trickling through her cave was soothing and she let out a relaxed sigh.

She jolted upright, her eyes flying open. This wasn't right! No way should she be up here. The world spun and she had to close her eyes and let it settle. There was something on her forehead which she shook off. She glared at the moss that landed with a splat on the floor as if it could explain. Movement drew her attention to the floor slightly to the side of where she was glaring. Her mouth fell open in abject horror as she beheld the messy pile of Dino Stallion. How had he invaded her home?! She glanced in panic at his shoulders as if she had expected him to grow wings. No one had ever breached the sanctified sanctuary of her cave.

She was still in complete confusion of how he even had gotten there. She struggled to her feet and took a sip from the little stream to try to calm her nerves and steady her head. With a deep breath she moves to the mouth of the cave and looked out hoping to spy how he had gotten up so she could remove the threat of it ever happening again. When the sight of his newly wrought pathway met her eyes a strangled sound halfway between a yelp and a wail emitted from her mouth. She was so overwhelmed by the feeling of violation that she staggered. Whirling she opened her mouth and sank her dainty, normally hidden fangs as hard into Pollux's scaly hide as she could.

"Get out!" She shrieked at him as she staggered about trying to keep her balance while her body was attempting to give out. She flakes and weaved and nearly fell from the lip of her cave before landing in a lump in her little stream against the wall of the cave.
"Get out." She croaked, her voice breaking as tears began to spill from her eyes. She turned her face away from where he was as sobs began to wrack her body. She was too wrapped in her own misery to care whether or not he had followed her demand.

WC: 531

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces