[PRP] Molecules (Alg & America) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 pm
Their server arrived with drinks, giving the girl a chance for a bit of a think, trying her best to look serious but dimpling up despite herself. "Wouldn't it be fun, though?" She gave up the attempted facade as soon as they were alone again and simply grinned, delighted. "Back home, folks loved a good to-do over some sign from god or ghosts or monsters. And here....well, it'd be true!"

Again, her traitorous foot moves toward his under the table, this time nudging his ankle until the girl sits up abruptly, looking wide-eyed and innocent and that was totally an accidentally kick Professor.

"Ack! Sorry!" Looking much too apologetic and definitely wanting to nudge away any unwanted attention to lecherous toes, America went on to ask, "Are you gonna write about it?"

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm
Algie was so blissfully oblivious to her accidental nudges and flirtations, he smiled and waved a hand, "It's a small table. No problem." Though his legs did uncross and sit flat to the floor in an attempt to politely give her a bit more legroom.

"Oh we've got them too," He chuckled, "Imagine what you've got at home but with centuries more history. Ghosts, castles.. ruins older than this country." He wasn't meaning to sound superior in any way, but it was all true. "People claiming faeries and pixies and brownies live in their gardens.."

At question about writing he paused, brow furrowing subtly, "Well to be honest my books now seem very... lame in comparison to what I've experienced. I'm not sure this has inspired me in the way I'd hoped."

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:29 pm
America still hasn't managed to read a single full chapter of one of his books. But she had the bio on the back of them pretty much memorized and could describe each different author photo in detail so maybe that counted as a sort of expertise.

Waggling her eyebrows, the girl suggested, "But what if you write it all...nonfiction-y like?"

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 am
The phrase nonfiction made the professor's nose wrinkle in a very particular way, "I've always felt more like I was writing a dissertation than anything creative when it came to non-fiction... and that's no fun."

Says the man who assigns essays for a living.

"If I present them like fiction it will be..." Strange, "And to present these things like fact? They'll think I've gone off my rocker.." He chuckled.

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:25 pm
"Well, I think you'd make it sound super smart." America nodded firmly at her own statement. "And it'd have a ready market with the Elvis-on-Toast crowd."

Food was suddenly placed in front of the girl, startling her, and the blush flared up again. She'd been so busy making cow eyes at the man that she'd forgotten all about the food.

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:53 am
"Looks good," He nodded to the burger. They did order to split and share though so he was eyeing them both on how to do that.

"The new Red Herring comes out this coming new year.." And all his books were trilogies. "I think maybe I'll just work on something new.. with less conformity." His napkin was adjusted, "So maybe you'll get your wish. Just not nonfiction."

But definitely darker, and possibly scarier stories.

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:09 pm
"Has the TV show come out yet?" She'd finally be able to find out what actually happens in the books! America was, to be honest, awful bad at going splitsies on practically anything. Her version of it generally involved eating her own and then filching from her date's plate.

Still, she cut the burger in half, and...gave herself the side she deemed slightly larger and more delicious looking.

Food > Crush

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:04 am
"The first series is on DVD.. or bluray or whatever they come on now.." Alg flipped a hand and equally gave America the smaller bit of his own sandwich because they both clearly had the same standards when it came to eating.

"I think they were talking about another series but it hasn't gone forward yet," Alg gave her a teasing look over his glasses, "Are you a movie-before-book kind of girl?"

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 pm
"I'm not good at books, gotta say. Are any of the actors hot? Like...is there a ummm.....is there a you in it?" The question was asked absently before the girl took a huge ********' bite and groaned in the sudden luxury of beef.

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:19 am
Alg almost snorted as a he took a drink when she asked if there was a 'him' in it.

"Idris Elba is in it.." His brows lifted, "which is much better than a me.." At least in his opinion. How could anyone not be into Idris Elba.

"And his rival turned partner is based off of Jeremiah," He leaned as if this were a secret, "From what I hear she may be more popular than the lead." People loved a badass lady cop.

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:12 pm
"He's okaaaay," America offered, clearly dubious at to who was better than who.

She had a mouthful of sandwich as he revealed Jeremiah's role, the books suddenly sounding immensely more in line with her interests, and very nearly choked due to an irrepressible need to giggle. Washing the food back with a sip of her drink, America cleared her throat, eyes watering a little. "You put him in your book?"

It sounded a little amazing, to be honest. The idea that a writer would put people they knew into their book. "Is that a thing that happens a lot?"

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 am
"Well I mean," Alg looked a bit sheepish about it, the surprise and humor at Jeremiah being featured. Perhaps a tell to his infatuation long before they'd ever gotten together, "the character's a woman so it's not immediately apparent but she's a good and effective police officer who has a tendency to run towards things head first and when she grabs on has a hard time letting go."

He took a bite of his food, took a drink, and continued, "It's not so odd I think, to get realistic characterization from people around you. At least you know they'll seem real if you know someone like that.." Almost everyone had bits of them in his characters, at least people around him when his books were written.

"Perhaps some people you know will show up in future books," He winked.

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:18 pm
"Yeah...I like that, when they're people. That's the problem I get a lot of times. Books just kinda say stuff but there's no..." she gestured with her hands, "extras, like when you talk to a person. Harder to tell whats important and just plain hard to follow along." Because people were interesting and words on a page devoid of all that were much less so.

Leaning forward she whispered, grinning,"Like who? Gimme a hint!"

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:01 am
"Oh ho-" Alg laughed with a tease and waggled a finger, "Oh no. No spoilers.. you'll have to read the book when it comes out. Or audiobook.." Though that would be a few months later.

"I may even be able to get a signed copy for your relatives.." Alg chuckled, as if he just so happened to know a guy.

You will never get the teacher to stop trying to get people to READ.

lizbot

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff