azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:50 am
"I do not know how to tell you that," he replied earnestly. "I can point you directions, I can tell you what to look into ..." Fingers tapped against his desk, the barest edges of what looked like a burn in the wood of it visible under a pile of paperwork that was much smaller than it usually was.

"The best thing you can do to help is be supportive, to help keep an eye out. I believe I asked you, not too long before my sabbatical, that I might need your assistance looking into something?"

chiickadee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 am
June nodded slowly. "Y-Yes sir!" She had her own thoughts brewing about what Jeremiah had just said, but June was the type to keep them to herself and wait, wait, wait.

"Of course. I organized part of the archives in my spare time while you were gone just in case ..." Any excuse to stay at the office later was a good one.

azuredreams

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:25 pm
"Then thank you because that is something I need to be looking into. It will likely offer you some insight as well into-" A hand flicked briefly. "What you're asking about or, in the very least, give you some more visible proof. If I'm right at least and I don't think I'm wrong about what we'll find."

Jeremiah considers her a moment and then continues. "The town history is where you start. The old stories, even the one about the Indian princess whose lover died trying to come back to her. Understanding those stories is part of it, as ridiculous as it sounds."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:12 pm
"I believe the term is Native American, sir," June said quietly, adjusting her glasses again.

She already had her notebook out, scribbling things down on a post it note. "Um ... could you tell me ... why? It will be easier to look for something if I know what I'm looking for."

azuredreams

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 am
Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "Native American implies these are stories passed down by the first nations peoples of these lands." He shifted forward, fingers coming together at a point. "When I say Indian, it's because these stories are propogated by superstitious white settlers and, in most cases, have no creditability with the native population.

"As for why? All the old stories are true, Miss Liu. Within those stories are the bits of what is truly going on." He smiled at her. "... and if that fails, you could always talk to our oldest citizen in town. Millie Watkins. She's been around and had seen Ashdown through the years."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:10 pm
She nodded vigorously. She was a person who appreciated clarifications and specificity; she was glad for the distinction.

"Okay," she said, bobbing her head. She began rereading her notes back to him to make sure she had everything clear. "You want me to look through old records for ... traces of magic? And- wait!"

Her head snapped up. "Interview someone? Me? Wouldn't that be a better job for a detective like Mr. Kuroda or yourself?" Someone who had experience interrogating and asking questions; not just a secretary at the precinct.

azuredreams

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:52 pm
"I don't know that you would find traces of magic but look for names that reappear. Things that stand out. Disappearances." Jeremiah leaned forward, plucking a file from his desk and sliding it forward so that it could be worked on next. "I've actually been handling some projects for the Chief and I have not been able to do such myself."

His head tilted. "... she's an old woman, Miss Liu. I am saying that if you, personally, want to know more about this town and it's secrets she may know something. It is not an interview."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:13 pm
Names, disappearances, spooky things. She could certainly try. June could always try.

"Oh phew," she said in response, a hand over her chest. "I am so bad at talking to people," she admitted earnestly, though Jeremiah probably knew that. "If I had to be there representing the precinct ... oh boy."

azuredreams

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:14 am
"You seem to do well enough with me, Miss Liu." It was a kindly response. "I certain you can handle talking with her. If you are worried about impressions or anything Millie is fond of beavers, so you could bring her something if you wanted to break the ice, so to speak."

His eyes turned towards the file and then back up to June. "Be no one but yourself and I'm sure you'll do just fine. There is one additional thing I will advise you of in regards to these matters ..." She was leveled with a serious look. "This will drag you in if you are not careful and it is not, at all, safe but I'm certain you've gathered that already."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:29 pm
"Beavers. Right. Okay." June wasn't sure where to get something beaver related, but you could bet she was going to show up with every beaver related object in the tri-county area.

"Um. Drag me in ... sir?" She cowered a bit under the serious look.

azuredreamsx

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:15 pm
"As in you're more likely to find yourself in the thick of it when you least expect it and in a fashion you may not enjoy." Blackfriars came to mind but that was pushed aside. His expression softened then, giving her a smile.

Wasn't that an odd thing to see on him.

"What I am saying is take care of yourself and if anything happens, please speak to Sergeant Kuroda or myself." Jeremiah picked up a case file, looking it over.

"If there's nothing else, Miss Liu, I need to get back to work."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:40 pm
"Oh. Of course sir, I'll report to you two immediately." June nodded, perhaps taking the wrong message from Jeremiah's warning.

She nodded quickly. "Oh- please, yes- I'm sorry I interrupted." She picked up her own papers and began to shuffle out.

azuredreams

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:43 pm
Jeremiah opened his mouth, perhaps to correct her, but then simply left it.

"It's never any trouble, Miss Liu. If you need anything of me, don't hesitate to drop back by. Especially in regards to this." His head inclined towards her, his standard goodbye, and turned his focus to his work.

chiickadee
last post on my end! thanks for RPing with me!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff