[PRP] Oh Fleeting Life (Horace & Jamie) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:04 pm
"Maybe," he said gently. "It's time to have a 'come to Jesus' talk with your grandma. Sit down with her and talk about how you need her in your life and how that length could be affected by these exercises." He swirled his coffee cup for a moment.

"She's taking her health cavalierly, and it could be for any number of reasons, but I think.. it would help her to know how worried you are. How important she is to you."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:29 am
It wasn't that Jamie had never thought about having that sort of conversation with her. It was probably obvious in some way that he had, since Horace had found him loitering outside a funeral home of all places. Bringing it up, though... he'd never been sure how.

"I've thought about it," he finally admitted, toying with his cup, "I love my gram. I don't... I-I don't want her to die." The word choked him, the idea of death choked him, and he looked like he might cry. Jamie had always been a crybaby.

"H-How do y-you b-bring that sort of thing up? D-Do you j-just... do it?"

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:02 am
"Of course you don't," he said in what he hoped was a reassuring matter. Horace was, quite frankly, used to people grieving over someone already passed, not begging someone to keep on. He kind of hoped Jamie didn't cry, but if he needed to, Horace would just wait it out. He wasn't exactly good with touch, even though he wished he could lay a helping hand on Jamie's shoulder.

"Yeah, you just... bring it up. Have your father with you to back you up if you need it. Having other people who love her there will help drive your point home. You're clearly making yourself sick with worry and I know she wouldn't want that." He turned his cup around in his hands. "You can do this, I know it - even if it doesn't sound like an easy talk to have."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:22 pm
While Horace talked, Jamie took a long, slow sip of his tea. It calmed him, its warmth and its scent and its mellow, sweet taste. If nothing else, it kept him from crying; it gave him that all-important moment to gather himself back into his metaphorical arms and hold himself tight.

"Just bring it up..." he muttered wearily as he set his cup down. His eyes were still glazed over and he wouldn't look anywhere but the table, but his voice didn't shake so much. "I guess I could... try that. I-I... don't really know what else to do."

Opening up to a brand new acquaintance was still new and strange, but Jamie did feel better getting it off his chest.

"T-Thanks, Horace. I think... maybe you're right."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm
"I know you can do it, Jamie. Not easy, but doable." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small notebook. Horace jotted something down, ripped the page off, and pushed it across the table.

"If you want, let me know how it goes? Or, if you need to talk over anything?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:28 pm
Scooping up the note, Jamie took a short moment to read it over before tucking it away in his pocket. Somehow, someway, it seemed like each and every day the small list of contacts in his phone got a tiny bit larger. It was such a strange sensation, but not unappreciated. Before now, he'd never had friends or confidants aside from his parents. It was... nice.

"I... I will..." He finished off his tea with a final sip and set it down. There wasn't a smile, but the expression on his face said a weight had been lifted, at least partially. For now, his mind wasn't as heavy. "I really... appreciate that you, um, took the time to talk to me about this. I-It wasn't really something I... felt like I could just jump in and talk about before."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:22 pm
"No one ever looks at where I work without a reason." Horace shrugged, giving Jamie a small smile. He felt a little uncomfortable with the thanks for something he'd done on a whim. "As long as you're feeling a little better about it now." He drained the rest of his coffee as well.

"I gotta go, but I meant it - let me know how things go, okay?" He stood, his chair squeaking along the floor.

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:31 pm
"Yeah... sorry about that, iiit was probably kinda weird." Looking sheepish, Jamie shook his head, but it was more at himself than anything else. "I think I'm gonna hang out here a little longer. Maybe, um, get another cup of tea." Head tipping, he looked up at Horace as he stood, offering him a short nod.

"I will... So, um, talk to you later, Horace." From where he sat, he waved a small, shy sort of farewell.

The Semblance of Unity
just requoting to say I think your last post is a good ending point, thanks for the rp!

Final Word Count: 1297  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 pm
He laughed a little. "Wasn't that weird; don't worry about it." He hesitated for a moment, considering staying. But Horace really did have to go and maybe Jamie needed a little time to himself.

"Don't get lost in your thoughts, okay?" And then Horace tossed his cup into the trash and headed out.

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces