[FIN] Nerd Pow Wow (Alg & Chester) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:54 pm
"Ah," Chester said, folding in on himself for a second at this freely given peek into the professor's home life. It wasn't like he begrudged the man a normal existence, he was just still of an age where he could only see his mentors as actual people in very specific situations. Husbands were fine, but husbands and cats and beds in combination, all doing average, everyday things together threw him for a second. He sat up straight again soon enough.

"That sounds eerie. At least you're prepared for Halloween?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:47 am
"Yes," Alg chuckled, unaware that he fell into the 'teachers aren't people outside of school' category with the young man in front of him. "Hopefully not too scary. I'd hate to have children crying out on the stoop when we're trying hand out candy. The I suppose a bit of a spook isn't too horrible."

It was Halloween after all.

"Do you have costume plans? Anything really call out your name?"

word count to here: 788
smerdxle

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 am
Every year until he was thirteen, his parents had forced him into some football or baseball getup. By the time they'd deemed him too old for costumes, he'd been grateful. But now, after the mess of glitter and sheer fabric the ball had dressed him in, perhaps it was time to try again.

"I hadn't really thought about anything. I might do something simple, I guess. Maybe a vampire, as a tribute to Jolene."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:30 am
"Heh, yes, Jolene and her vampire problems." Alg glanced down at his writing again.

"I'm sure there's all sorts of halloween parties and things, though the holiday has gotten a lot more.... sexy since I was in school." Not entirely true, his youth had been a wild one, but 'sexy pumpkins' weren't exactly as widely marketed then.. more improvised.

"I can easily understand the appeal," His brows lifted and lips twitched, "Jeremiah and I have video game character costumes.. I doubt the kids will get it but," He shrugged and turned back to the story where another lament of how easily the dracula madame could take her man came about.

word count to here: 898
smxerdle
*gritting teeth over this*

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:50 am
"You do?" Chester kept up with video games even if he wasn't rabid over playing them all, and imagining the pair of them dressed as Asgore or Ezio was amusing, to say the least. "I'll have to give it a shot then. Not the party part, but if I can come to class in something subtle, that might be fun." Definitely not sexy.

iloveyouDIE
/gives all the pep talks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:20 am
"Hawke and Varric from dragon age," Alg chuckled, "Can you guess who I am?" The writer obviously.

"But you don't know that," The professor winked, "It's a surprise." He wondered how many students would even get the reference? Probably a very particular group. Algie had no idea he should be prepared to have photos taken of him.

"The romance option that never was," Hawke and Varric. He had no idea if Chester was even familiar with dragon age though. But the professor was pretty open to dressing up like whatever Jeremiah fancied.

With recent developments it was more important to have a happy husband, "But I would honestly do whatever he needed no matter what it means to me."

smerdle

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:56 am
He stopped himself from loudly declaring I KNOW THAT ONE, leaning forward with a smile instead. "Varric, yes. It suits you." He had actually played all of the Dragon Age games, but tended to prefer Inquisition for its aesthetics. The others looked, well, old. "I won't tell anyone." He didn't really have anyone to tell anyway.

Chester nodded. He was not privy to any knowledge of nobility or heart-squeezing by human-looking creatures, but he still didn't think Jeremiah had seemed like himself when last they'd met. "At least it's a fun thing to do."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:05 am
"The romance choice that never was. I even have a little cardboard Bianca we put together and made fake covers for my school books - Hard in Hightown, etc." Alg chuckled.

He actually never even played the games but he'd watched Jeremiah's various playthroughs and one or two had been with some of his own choices.

"So I guess you played then," His brows bobbed in interest, "You could have your choice of men... or women.. who did you romance?" Yes Chester you were about to have a video game convo with your professor.

"Alistair was boring in origins. Dumb as a brick in my opinion. Would have like Morrigan but what a frigid b***h. Zevran ruined me I think. Our warden could never love again."

smerdxle
this is happening

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:29 am
He couldn't quite believe that this was a conversation he was having, but if the professor honestly wanted to know...

"Morrigan in Origins. She is quite frigid, but there's some good story there once she likes you enough." The real reason he'd chosen her was that he'd been twelve and there'd been side boob, but he wasn't about to admit that, even to himself. "Anders kind of throws himself at you in the second game, and I couldn't just dump him when I was trying to be nice. And I ended up with Josephine first in Inquisition, but since then I've tried Dorian, Cassandra, Bull, Sera, and Cullen." He shrugged. "It's a fun game."

iloveyouDIE
i'm crying
alg no

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 am
"Ugh Anders-" Alg made a face, "I thought he was the only one for me, especially with his love of cats, but any man who keeps a manifesto needs to be backed away from slowly."

Alg glanced at his writing which was not so interesting now, sorry Jolene, "Which meant of course I had to have Fenris." Moody, drinking, possibly unhealthy relationship... Sounds about right.

"How come no Blackwall?" Algie chuckled, of course Dorian was a favorite, "He's the Jean val Jean of dragon age."

smerdle
i think i can milk maybe one more post *breathes* and be done with the song

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:44 am
Chester laughed, a short bark that surprised even him. The Jean val Jean of Dragon Age. He'd never thought about it like that.

"I had a list. I'd probably have gotten to him by now if I hadn't ended up busy with other things." Like Gloom and Blackfriars and the ball. "I just tend to play mages and Cassandra is the first tank you come across. It seemed easier to keep her than to switch once I picked Blackwall up. I like to cart my love interests around, for lack of a better phrase." He wasn't about to ask if the romance was any good. It veered back into beds and husbands and cats territory, and though this conversation had already served to make him a bit more comfortable with all of that, he wasn't there yet.

"Maybe I'll start a new game." Cullen was boring anyway. He didn't need to see that happily ever after.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:52 am
"Well Cullen's a bloody snooze," He said as if he'd read Chester's mind, "But Josephine is very sweet. I wish they'd made Cassandra romanced by women I think that would have been more fun.." Alg liked to see all the outcomes tried out.

A bell rang somewhere and Alg was checking his watch, because he was the sort of man who wore a watch and didn't rely on his cellphone for much more than being a communication device.

"That's my bell," He frowned, "Jolene is going to have to wait I think. I'm glad to have had this talk with you.." Algernon leaned to write his number on a piece of paper and give it to Chester.

"Reach out to me anytime," This was beyond school and being a teacher. There were much more dramatic things going on and you never knew. "Maybe we can go back and mess about with magic some more sometime." The bell rang again.

"I've got to go," His things were gathered and put into his bag, "My and my class's happiness depend on it." There was a wry smirk. "Whatever you decide to do, don't be a stranger."

smerdle
*exhale*

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 pm
"Yes, it was nice to talk." Even if the topics covered were wholly bizarre. Chester took the slip of paper and tucked it into his bag next to his phone. "In case of emergencies, or more magic." He stood and straightened his clothes, intending to continue wandering aimlessly until his next class.

"See you around."

iloveyouDIE
yaaaaay

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out