Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:14 am
“I don’t know. I guess it depends on what I know at the time.” He sighed. “And what the rest of the town does honestly. I’m one voice, and I might not even be right in my opinions, I just can’t shake them.”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:12 pm
"If you're one voice, you just gotta be loud." She looked him over. "I dunno if you can even yell, though. Can you?"

"Do it."

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 pm
“I am not going to just…” He started to protest. He stopped himself and then said instead.
“Nope. Can’t yell… sold my ability to yell for two shiny coins and a rock that made a home In my hand. It likes it there.”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:18 pm
"Is this about you havin' a gemsona?" Preacher frowned. "Like I ain't judgin'..." She totally was.

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 pm
He laughed. “No, it’s more like I picked up a rock and it went all Terminator 2 on me, turned into quicksilver or something that looked like it and it melted into my hand. Apparently it’s waiting for something, though what and why I don’t know.

He might have started humming the Stephen Universe theme song.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 pm
She shoved him in the arm and laughed. "You're such a nerd!" Though she did sneak a glance at his hands.

"Where'd you get a weird, skin-soluble rock?"

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:31 pm
“Um…. The Library on this side of things, It’s kind of odd all on it’s own, like it won’t always let you in, and the books aren’t books, I mean they look like them, but if you open them it’s like, memories, and not always yours. I probably should have known when there was a pile of… kind of pretty stones on a book shelf.” He mused.

“But… what was odd, was it seemed…” he waved his hand. “I don’t know, familiar? Or, at least like it wanted my attention. I think the book I was looking at was really what felt familiar at the time.”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:16 pm
"Sounds like... ya should stop touchin' weird s**t on this side, y'know." Preacher wasn't about to touch weird rocks or books with memories.

"Do the books have like... all memories? Like could you go n' read my memories?" She sounded highly offended by the idea.

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:52 pm
“I haven’t run into any that are memories of people I know,” he shook his head. “but they might be there somewhere. Mostly it’s hard to say what will be inside a book versus what it says on the cover. It’s a pretty…. Literal ‘don’t judge a book by its cover.’ “

He looked thoughtful and then added “I haven’t run into my own memories either.”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:16 pm
"If ya like, go there n' see one with me innit, can you tell me?" So she could promptly go and burn down the library. The whole thing. For as nosy as she was, Preacher had left her own past behind her and it didn't need to be recorded anywhere.

"Anyway, can y'give me a primer on other weird places?" She grinned at him, ready to make notes.

endejester
wrap?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:29 am
“… I don’t know.” He sighed.
“Probably nothing effective. People just … sort of shout me down because they are so much surer than I am. I’d say maybe if I were more confident, but I think they’d just… ignore me then. I’m probably paranoid but everyone is so –sure-“ He sighed.

“And maybe they are, but I just don’t think so. Regardless, promise you’ll make your own opinions, okay?”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:12 pm
"Dude, you're not very.. nice to yourself, y'know." Preacher thought Zac needed a bullhorn and the cajones to use it. "But yeah, whatever, I'll form my own junky opinions n' s**t." She waved her hand around. Zac was like... a pity party, and it sounded like he had good reason.

"Tell me whatever, It's always better than nothin'."

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm
Zac nodded. “Sorry…. I’m working on it. “ He said rubbing at the back of his neck.
“It’s just hard when it results in “no lets not cut our palms and see if we can get person home…lets just sit back and expect someone to do the dirty work because we’re pretty sure that’s the thing to do.”

He sighed.

“I mean… Maybe they are right, maybe we do need sacrifice but, I’m just not sure I want to be part of something that requires that.”

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:33 pm
"I think," she said slowly, "-ya should read up on somethin' called Mob Mentality. Also tha bystander effect. Now I dunno exactly what happened but it sounds like a ********' bad time that maybe coulda been better. Don't live there, 'kay. Move forward, recruit people to like boost ya voice for a next time. Does that make sense?" She'd seen the bystander effect in action far too many times to count.

"Don't let it kill ya optimism. There's many kinds uh sacrifices and not all hurt."

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:36 pm
“I know about the Mob Mentality, at least the basic idea, but I’ll have to look up the Bystander effect” He admitted softly.

“I am trying not to live there I promise. Sorry to dump on you, or lash out at you, that whole thing was part of why I didn’t want to drag more people in to this. But I do hope you’ll be alright. I hope whatever changes happen to you, you don’t find them … bad.”

Because there would be changes, there always were.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces