Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] The Thinning Veil (Seance Crew) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonjavas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:08 pm
Considering everything and the fact that Thorne had never actually encountered Liam one on one, the fact that he took the greeting so well was a testament to his self control. Thorne smiled at Liam amiably, wild eyes alight.

"I am glad you're pleased, as you're the one who must stare at it day and night now," he returned easily, turning his head to look at the piece of art. It was truly a creature of its own standing - a wild beast half way between the imagined and the real world. A certain visceral soul lived inside of it, a two-toned beast of beauty and death.

"Honestly, I think that painting took part of my soul in the process," he added dryly. It had been a long process.

His eyes flared to the others, the smile twisting a little.

"Thank you," he said gracefully towards the compliments, bowing his head slightly. His eyes flicked to Juniper in amusement. "I do my best to impress the masses," he drawled, and turned his eyes to Zac, nodding in warm greeting.

To Shun he hummed a greeting.

"As with all things, it comes from hard work," he added when complimented, and grinned. "I'm pleased to see you here as well. Finally taking a night off from working?"

Blade Kuroda

Kolina

Silverah

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:50 pm
Liam fixed Juniper with an inscrutable look. "I know full well who you are," he said coolly, in a way that all but confirmed he knew exactly what he was doing. But then, had they both been unceremoniously kicked out of his office, or had they both been unceremoniously kicked out of his office?

"Perhaps metaphorically," he said, turning to Thorne, a hand light on the artist's shoulder. "I have seen paintings that literally contain part of the artist's soul, and you are quite fortunate that this is not one of those."

elkbones

Kolina

The Semblence of Unity

Blade Kuroda

Endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:06 pm
Juniper glanced back at Liam and gave him a grin. She got him to admit he was fooling around with her and Temp. Point for me. She didn't say anything though in retort and instead turned her attention to Zac who still seemed unsure of himself.

Walking over she threw an arm around his shoulders. "Relax. You look amazing and perfectly dressed. Besides, you're in good company. So just try and enjoy yourself, K?" She gave him a fond smile before giving him a last squeeze before pulling away. "See anything interesting here?" She said as she glanced around. Her eyes roved over the interior.

Endejester

Silverah

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Temperance had moved away from everyone during their exchanges, feeling distinctly uncomfortably. She stared at the polaroids along one wall - an oddly quaint touch, considering the rest of the artwork. The only person she felt comfortable around was with Juniper and she would not interfere. Temperance wrapped her arms around her waist and wandered back towards their host.

"Why, Professor Noor, did you invite us, particularly?" The question was relatively innocent, but it sounded more like a 'why did you invite me when we do not get on'. "Or, barring that-" she continued, as it was only polite to give their host an out of any question and politeness at dinner parties had been ingrained in her from a young age. "-perhaps you could tell me which of these paintings you find speaks to you the most? Perhaps has the most 'soul'?" She did not know what to say to Thorne and so, did not speak to him just yet.

silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:18 pm
“The… wall of photos.” He said after a moment, in answer to her question. “But I’m a little nervous to look at it.” He added. “Especially with all this talk of pieces of souls.”

He gave a worried glance at their Host.

“You… wouldn’t be meaning Mister Prividaniye, would you? In regards to paintings and pieces of souls?”

Kolina

Silverah

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 am
Shun paused from his painting browsing to look to Thorne once more, kind of giving a low grunt in response.

"I probably should not be, honestly. There tends to be a lot of troublemakers on Halloween in particular," he grumbled under his breath. That wasn't to say there might not be trouble to be had here. The guest selection for the evening was certainly... interesting. He glanced over at Liam, curious to hear what his answer would be as to his reasoning behind this motley array.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

moonjavas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:10 pm
Thorne laughed and glanced at Liam, raising a brow. His expression was wry and amused, the clever expression of a fox.

"Thank god for small fortunes then," he returned, "Those paintings sound - interesting, to say the very least. There aren't any in your collection though, are there?"

His eyes roved over Shun next, amused.

"Well, as long as they don't set Coalsmoke on fire or anything," he drawled, "Anyways, let someone else take the night shift for that show."

Blade Kuroda

Silverah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:18 pm
"Yea, I saw those to. It's interesting that there's so many polaroids when there's all this art." She said as she moved towards the wall to get a better look at them, but paused when she realized Zac had stopped to talk to Liam.

A brow rose. "Mister Prividaniye?" She wasn't even sure she had said it right. "Sorry, I've never been big into art and artists. I enjoy it but it's not something I know much about." She wasn't at all bothered admitting that. This sort of art form had never intrigued her enough to dive further into it. Plus, art required money and Juniper was lucky that she had curtains on her window. Wall art of any sort was not an option for her.

"So, what's up with all the polaroids?" She questioned. She nodded towards the wall. It still felt...odd.

silverah

elkbones

endejester

the semblance of unity

blade kuroda

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:08 pm
Liam looked Temperance over, a smirk playing across his lips. "I've never done this before," he said. "I wanted to make it interesting."

He turned to Thorne. "There are, as a matter of fact," he said, and gave a meaningful glance to one of the Prividaniye pieces in the living room.

The wall of photographs beside the dining room table, should Zac and Juniper get close enough to examine it, was made up of polaroid photographs of residents of Ashdown - some of them familiar, some of them not, some of them just slightly off.

The waiter appeared at his side, leaning to whisper something to him. Liam clapped his hands together.

"I believe dinner is ready, if you'll take your seats in the dining room," he announced, and took a seat at the head of the table, the photographs at his back.

"They're something of a personal organizational system," he explained to Juniper. "An analogue affect for the digital age."

elkbones

Blade Kuroda

Endejester

Kolina

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:23 pm
Shun grunted lowly, "No one better be committing arson back there..."

With a shake of his head, he looked over at the polaroids when Juniper brought them up. There were... quite a few of them around. Tilting his head, he wandered up to take a closer look. From where he had been standing, they were all close up pictures of people. That alone was kind of odd.

Once he was up close, he saw that he recognized a number of these people. Something was a bit off but... okay this was just really bizarre. And kind of really off-putting.

The detective turned towards Liam, narrowing his eyes. Organizational system? What could he possibly have been organizing using all these pictures of people around Ashdown? It was rather suspect.

Hesitantly, he went on to take a seat, further away from Liam at the dining table.

Silverah
Elkbones
the semblance of unity
kolina

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:10 am
Juniper raised a brow at Liam as he made himself comfortable at the head of the table just in front of the pictures in question. "Yea, that's not weird at all." She commented as she moved to take her own seat.

Unlike Shun, she purposely took a seat a distance away from Liam, Juniper took up the seat to his left. This allowed her a better look at the pictures and...well...they were odd, to say the least. Why were they even here was the first question, the second one being why did some of them seem off? She couldn't quite put a finger on it. But, she definitely recognized some of the face staring back at her.

Silverah

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:10 am
She made a noncommittal noise to Liam's response, finding it lacking, but lacking a polite way to comment further. Her eyes turned towards the picture he looked at - Prividaniye - the name was familiar, someone at the ball, perhaps. What does a painting with a soul look like? Sounded frankly ridiculous, she thought, but this was (not) Ashdown, and related to it... Perhaps she should examine the paintings later, in better detail. Ask him who's soul was inside; she desperately hoped he would not say Vivien, of all people.

After a moment, Temperance smiled at Thorne. "Excuse me," she said, and walked over to the table, taking a seat both not next to Liam and not next to Shun. That is, she sat in the middle chair to the right of their host.

"And what-" she straightened the hem of her dress. "-do you mean by personal organization system? They seem rather candid, especially in comparison with the rest of the artwork." She hoped Zac would sit next to her.

silverah
elkbones

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 pm
Once everyone was seated, the waiter brought around bowls of vibrantly orange butternut squash soup, each garnished with a perfect swirl of pesto and a few roasted pine nuts. "Bon apetit," said Liam, tipping his wine glass slightly to his guests.

"Well, you see," he said, turning to Temperance, "there are so many names and faces involved in this business. I have to keep track of which pieces are in play, or I'd go mad."

Of course, that was assuming you were not of the opinion that Liam was already mad.

He looked over at Juniper. "Are you enjoying your soup, my dear?"

Kolina

blade kuroda
the semblance of unity
f unity"]

Elkbones

Endejester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:42 am
“This business? You mean, what’s going on in Ashdown, right sir?” He asked carefully. He did wonder about those photos that seemed, ‘off’ as well. Could you capture souls, or pieces of them in a photo? Or perhaps it was just magic, or fetches. He wasn’t sure if any of it would.

He had opted to sit next to Temperance, which perhaps put him closer to Liam than he might have originally planned, but someone had to.

Silv3rah

K0lina

bl@de kuroda

Elkbon3s

The S3mblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 am
When the food came out, Juniper now knew where some of the delicious scents had been coming from and she was not at all disappointed with the presentation of it either. Not that she would have much noticed if it didn't have that perfectly swirled bit of pesto of pine nuts. Still, she appreciated it, none-the-less.

Once everyone had their bowls, picked up her spoon and dipped into the soup as Liam began explaining his candid portrait wall to Temperance. Juniper listened intently as she took the first bite of the soup. All of this was extremely strange, but at the same time, knowing what she did, it wasn't terribly...out of the question that Liam would want to know who was a 'playing piece' in Ashdown. Or...Other Ashdown. He did mention he wanted his husband to survive the whole affair, so maybe this was his attempt at keeping track of who could pose a threat to Renard?

Then again, maybe she was giving him the benefit of the doubt and making it feel less threatening for her own sake.

When Liam turned his attention to her, Juniper stopped lifting the second spoonful to her mouth. Smiling she gave a nod. "It's lovely! Compliments to the chef."

She paused a moment and set the spoon back into her soup, a thought on her mind. "Will your husband be joining us tonight? I had been hoping to meet him." She address Liam with a casual tone. She was even more curious about Renard after her discussion with Zac about him.

Silverah

Endejester

the semblance of unity

blade kuroda

elkbones

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items