Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:57 pm
    That resonated with him.

For a moment he felt a rush of emotion, but it wasn't anything from this moment; it was warm and frantic and bloody, smelling like metal and earth and fear, tasting like adrenaline on his tongue. He remembered Blackfrair's in sudden startling detail. He remembered how his shoulder felt when it was torn apart, or how scared he felt looking at Jamie's marred shirt and equally ravaged chest. But before that—

He remembered the initial panic and following Thorne and finally—he remembered all of them, sort of; the faces were blurry, but one of them had been tall and wolfish, another one shorter but—feminine? And then there was Jamie, the focal point of the memory, his eyes wide with fear and his body twisted with the appearance of a hare. There was a disgusting relief at being reunited. There was a twisted rush of anxiety at the thought that he might be hurt here. There was an overwhelming sensation to protect.

He remembered giving Jamie his hat, and he remembered hugging him, and he remembered affirming their friendship then. They were best friends, and nothing would change that. They shared that night together after the fact—well, the night after the night, because at first there had been Other Ashdown and startling confusion and wonder from Shiloh's part, and then there had been the apartment with their teacher, and then—that was when they went back to Jamie's house, the very same bedroom next to the one he was currently occupying. It was the same bed where they clumsily shared a first kiss and the recollection made Shiloh touch his own lips, like the feeling was ghosting over him again. And then the day after that—

"Best friends..." he echoed. Blackfrair's hadn't been that long ago, really, only a single summer. "That—"

That what? Meant a lot? Touched him? It did, but he was grappling with the memories. "Whatever happens..." he echoed hastily, not wanting to lament on his fears or think about his troubles. This was today, this was their time, and they would experience this and the future together. Despite how disjointed his thoughts sounded when they were spoken aloud, he was grinning, like he had answered some ancient impossible puzzle. "I want to learn about you again too," he was speaking a little more fervently, a little more rambunctious, "Together, and we can both change, and grow, and—"

The vines snaked around them snugly, buds poking out along the strands of green, each nub so swollen that they looked like they might burst.

And they did, into hundreds of little violet clamantises. "Do you remember Blackfrair's?" he couldn't keep the notion to himself anymore, he had to share in his discovery, "I mean—probably, definitely, it was bad—but like, we lived through that." his arms squeezed around Jamie's frame, "We lived through this, we can—we can ******** do anything."

For that moment, so caught up with energy, it sounded like Shiloh wholeheartedly believed it. Maybe the notion of power in friendship was silly or naive, but Jamie had that effect on him.

word count: 4,074

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:49 pm
The power of friendship was a bit silly and naive, but Jamie believed in it just as strongly. They'd faced hardships, already too many for kids their age, but they'd lived and they'd made it out on the other side together. If they'd met younger, he couldn't help wondering if things might've turned out even better than they had after he'd met Shiloh.

There was no reason to dwell on the thought, though, no reason to lament for lost time they couldn't have. It was fine, because Jamie was absolutely happy with what they were given, with the friendship he'd helped cultivate from the ground up. Over and over again he'd put his all into it, he'd start over a million times if he had to. It was worth it, absolutely worth it on every level. Shiloh made his life better. Shiloh made him feel things he'd never felt. He too could recall that night after the moonwalker attack, after they'd crawled wearily into bed and held onto each other for dear life.

They'd shared a kiss, they'd shared their hearts, it was an important moment to Jamie Delacroix.

"I do remember," he assured, gently squeezing Shiloh's shoulders again. "We lived through that." It made him smile as much as living through awful adversity could make anyone smile. What really mattered is they'd made it together. "I... I really believe that. Whatever happens, whatever we have to face, I... I won't give up. I promise."

For the first time since they'd wound up like this, held comfortably together by flowers and affection, Jamie pulled back and really looked at Shiloh. It was so corny, he could feel his cheeks tingling with warmth, but he said, "I can't wait... to grow with you."

Around his head, lush and white, bloomed a crown of snowdrops, their delicate petals laid against Jamie's wavy hair. It was impulsive, but the feelings that spurred him on the next moment were true, and despite the fact he meant to get up, he actually leaned right back in. Gently, affectionately, Jamie pressed a small kiss to Shiloh's forehead.

With a light laugh, he reached for Shiloh's arm, carefully bringing his hand around so he could hold it between his own, delicate but warm. "Let's go home."

Melancholiessss

Final Word Count: 2842  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items