Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:42 pm
"So you sunk as low as him and that's what caused you to be where you are now." It was unimpressed.

"Your potential is great, Shun, but you continue to sell yourself shorter and shorter. It could have been done, you could have revealed the corruption and it would have taken years but instead ...

"What? Cut corners, make terrible choices, and have to leave before they fire you. You're just lucky that someone in this godforsaken s**t hole actually cares about you and looks out for you or you'd probably be in the same situation all over again."

3lade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:50 pm
Could it have been done? Truly? Could all of this really have been avoided? It was true that his efforts back home had amounted to nothing. His father was still free, doing whatever the hell he pleased.

And Shun was here. Now dealing considerably more bullshit, thanks to the magical nature of this place.

The comment about someone caring about him caught his attention, but he brushed that aside for the time being.

"Are you here to just berate me?" he asked lowly. His patience was wearing thin and he didn't like the voice's attempts to dredge up old demons.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:51 pm
"Actually," the voice said, "yes, I am. Deal with it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:55 pm
"So that is how it goes. You give me a pair of tasks and state that regardless of what I choose to do, I would be allowed entry. When I return after having done so, you instead scold me."

Shun folded his arms, though his hands were still tense. He was practically glaring daggers into the metal door that separated him from whatever entity was on the other side.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:00 pm
"Actually all you had to do was say you were ready to be let in. You're the one that didn't do that until now and farbeit of me to pass up an opportunity to let you know a few things."

Then the voice fell silent.

There was the sound of a lock turning, something heavy and mechanical, and then the door cracked open.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:05 pm
"b*****d."

Huffing, he watched as the door cracked open. Shun didn't relax at all as he began to approach. No, he was even more on edge now as he planned on entering to see what was within. He didn't know what to expect once inside.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 pm
One lone light swung from the ceiling, flickering in and out. There was, it seemed, no one there but there were file cabinets.

Rows and rows of file cabinets.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:17 pm
Shun looked around the place. It appeared as what one would expect an archive to look like.

His eyes darted about to see if he could spot the entity that dwelled here, before going further in.

There was a lot of stuff he'd had to sift through. Walking up to one of the file cabinets, he peered for any sort of label.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm
No one was immediately visible.

The file creaked open and inside it was ...

It was a school report card from the first grade.

Shun's name was on it.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:27 pm
Shun paused as the file opened on its own. Tilting his head, he cautiously pulled it out. It looked familiar. Wait.

This was a report card. One of his report cards.

Low marks in almost all areas. He had considerable trouble learning at the time due to his issues with reading and writing. He hadn't received a great deal of aid either... And of course, his father didn't understand either.

Fingers twitched at the memories before he shoved the file back in and slammed the cabinet shut.

That shouldn't have been in there by all means.

"So that is how it is..." h muttered under his breath.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 pm
The light continued to flicker in and out but there, further in, something fell with a thump.

On the floor was something glimmering now.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:34 pm
Shun's attention turned towards the thump. He wasn't sure what that was. Rather than try to look at another cabinet just yet, he began to move towards the source of that sound. He also saw something on the ground, though he couldn't see what it was exactly.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:36 pm
It glittered under the poor lighting, metal and shiny despite the dust that seemed to cover everything.

5lade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:40 pm
Cautiously, Shun reached out with a bit of magic to try and lift it up to him so that he didn't have to touch it directly right off the bat. He didn't know what it was, still.

Ashdown Whaler

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:58 pm
It was, perhaps not surprisingly, one of his collapsible blades.

There was a bit of blood on the blade edge, old and dried.

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces