Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[quest rp] Delectable tea... or deadly poison? (eve) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:13 pm
"I like to think we would have," Fionn said with a soft smile. "Michael would have taught you these things if he had survived. This cycle is strange ..."

He shook his head, white hair spilling from his bun before he chuckled. "I'm woolgathering, please forgive me. Moonwalkers are capable of a great many things, Eve, some things that you might have already experienced. You recognized me as kind, did you not? As one fox to another."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:25 pm
The scent was still fresh in Eve's short-term memory. There was clear interest in her tone when she replied, "Of course. I didn't think there was much magic to it, though."

ashdon whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:30 pm
"We are steeped in it, you and I, more so than others. Not so much as the Nobles, perhaps, but still ..." His tail still lazily swished, a reflection of his thoughts as he worked through how to say what he wanted to say.

"It isn't uncommon, for a moonwalker who's attuned, to find that others of our kin at ease with us." He gave her a sharp grin. "Though not so much always dogs, as that's a bit hit and miss. They will listen to us sometimes, if you ask them to because we are kin even if we are not kind."

ibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:37 pm
Fionn's cleverness was keeping Eve in a disarmed and playful mood, even though this kind of situation usually saw her take things a bit more cautiously. She was sure he knew she'd already discovered a canine affinity because they just used it to say hello to each other a few minutes ago.

"I've found it can work a little better with the right kind of cat," she replied with a small grin. "It's true, though. I didn't think it was possible for my dog and I to get along any better than we already did, but now we don't even have to look to each other for cues."

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:44 pm
"It always worked better for me with cats than dogs," he laughed, "but that was because my lover often said I was one for all that I am a fox." Fionn gave her a bit of a rakish smile before he went on.

"You've obviously experienced it but don't hesitate to take advantage of it. In a time of need, they could be an ally that you need." His arms stretched above his head and he shifted on the railing to prop his legs up on it and sit sideways with a palm pressed to the wood behind him.

"Not just that but if you truly delved into that bond? You'd find that you could have a familiar that would be your eyes and ears."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:48 pm
"You're talking about warging," Eve summarized. That was puzzling. "I thought that was something completely different."

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:50 pm
"I am," he agreed with a hum, "and while we'll never be able to achieve what they are able to, we can form a bond like they have with their familiars.

"It is something that can occur naturally over time or with work."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:55 pm
"And that's because it's a serious commitment," the junior werefox appended. She was intrigued by this option, but not yet eager to pursue it. Especially not if the only reason would be to take advantage.

"Have you done this, then?"  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:10 pm
"Not myself, no," Fionn glanced towards her. "I've little desire to. I don't-" He shook his head. "I feel as if it would be invasive."

Reasonably he knew this to not be the case as wargs and their familiars shared strong bonds but-

"My pursuits led me elsewhere but there were those in my pack that did so."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:13 pm
It was a relief to know for sure she wasn't fated or obligated to bond to an animal companion, as much as her wife's careful bond to a baby chicken melted her heart.

"So there's more, is there?" There was the playful face again.

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:19 pm
"There's always more," he said with another grin and gave her a wink. "In fact, there could be more beyond what I know but you'll have to discover that on your own.

"I've also a particular thing in mind to pass on but I will let you know that the madness we experience if we are caught on the other side? It is something that can be done away with as you grow into your powers."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:23 pm
"You're being awfully generous." There was a note of concern creeping into Eve's mood thanks to that observation. "I've heard that can be risky. Will you be alright?"

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:27 pm
"Quite," Fionn smiled at her, something more earnest because he could sense her sincerity. "Which is to say quite risky but I was quite alright as well. It gave me freedom to not worry about potentially being a danger if, for some reason, I was detained.

"That and it lead to having some manner of control over my form. I do like my tail." Which swished playfully behind him.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:33 pm
That's... not what I meant.

"Go on," Eve nodded.

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 pm
There's a reason for everything, including when Fionn seemed to miss a point.

"I can't teach these things to you but I can tell you that they are possible, that you can pass that on to your pack." His tail stopped swishing playfully, instead moving jerkily before it simply ceased moving all together. "Let them know that there are ways that you will not be in as much danger on that side."

Fionn's eyes lifted away from her, looking to the sky that was no rainy. "It never stopped raining during my cycle ..." He shook his head and looked back to her. "Woolgathering again, my apologies. What I will pass to you is what I learned during my time. The first thing I truly learned."

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces