azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:19 pm
"It wouldn't do you any good if I did. They shift and change quite often. I have yet to use the same place twice." Not that he really needed to go looking to cross over anymore but if he wanted to go with others? He had too.

Jeremiah inclined his head towards her. "By all means. If anyone gives you trouble for it, direct them towards me."

A notification pinged on his computer which had him turning towards it briefly. "Ah, that reminds me ..." His eyes cut toward Preacher. "There was something I was going to speak with you about."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 pm
It was kind of a bummer to learn the 'doors' changed. If they'd stayed static, she could move more easily just by finding a set one. However, her face brightened when she was given permission to wear the hat. Quickly, she braided her hair, fingers moving with a quick surety that belied just how many times she'd done this. Then, she stuffed it all up in her hat and pulled it low on her head.

"Thank ya," she said, genuinely. And then she immediately had to control the creeping tenseness. Was she going to get fired? Surely not, right... "What is it?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:20 am
Jeremiah smiled just a little at the way that Preacher was able to quickly and efficiently braid her. At least until it made him think of Zac and that had the expression fading back to a more neutral one.

His eyes flicked to the panda-framed picture of Zac and himself on his desk before he spoke again.

"I was wondering if you would like a change of scenery from working the front. The previous admin left with former Chief Edwards and I've been handling most of that on my own." Which mean he was actually doing more than anyone realized. Except that he did not seem overwhelmed.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 am
"A change of scenery would be nice," she said neutrally. Then she frowned at him. "Ya always overwork yourself - you gotta put it off on someone else!" Especially with his step up in position, Preacher had no idea how he found time for anything other than work. And yet, he still cooked, and baked, and did the whole charmingly domestic thinger.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:48 pm
"I would if I had someone I could trust to do the work," Jeremiah replied, head tilting and studying Preacher.

"Especially if said someone had a bit more awareness of some of the other sides this town has."

Hint, hint.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:11 pm
Preacher immediately pulled out a notepad and a pen. Two notes went on the top: 'trust', and 'spooky s**t'. "You need me to make a list o' candidates for you?" Mercer was too busy; he didn't need to burden of filling a position, too. And, if she was feeling cheeky enough, maybe she'd put her name on the list. She could always play it off as a joke later.

"Unless ya have someone particular in mind?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 pm
"I do."

There was a long enough pause for he finally spoke again.

"Preacher Maria."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:55 pm
Her pen poised above paper, she waited patiently. At her name, Preacher looked up. She was listening, he could go ahead. "Yeah, boss?" There was a short, but very awkward pause. Then she dropped her pen.

"Wait, what?" The pen remained on the floor.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:20 pm
Jeremiah smoothed a hand across his face. "Sometimes, Preacher, I do worry about you." He shook his head before continuing. "I am in need of an admin and while there are surely other candidates, I believe you'd be just as capable and more trustworthy in this particular instance.

"It'll come with a pay raise, obviously, and likely more perks than working the frost desk affords you."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:39 pm
"Oh!" Her first response, which she swallowed, was to act if he was damn sure. "I... I..." Preacher cleared her throat. "I'd love ta take the offer." Inside, she was kind of shrieking like a small child. This was a good job, not front desk, and working for someone she actually respected.

"Though, do you have tha job details?" Admin could mean a world of things, and while she knew she would take the job (hence her quick yes), she did need to know things like salary and whatnot. Even if he just gave her the lowdown later. Preacher was finally going to be useful.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:55 pm
"I was hoping that you might." Jeremiah seemed to relax just a touch before he chuckled. "Coincidentally, yes. I just finished typing them up earlier."

He pushed himself back from his desk to stand and walked over to the printer in his office to pull off a piece of paper. "There's some things you'll have to learn, a few programs that we take advantage of, but most of it I'm sure you'll be able to handle." It was offered to Preacher.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:23 pm
She took the paper and read over it carefully, squinting a bit because yes, she did need glasses a bit. And no, she wasn't going to get glasses, screw that. Finally, she looked back up at Jeremiah.

"I can do this," she said and grinned at him. "When does the trainin' start?" Later one, she'd have a good whoop and holler about it, too.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 pm
"Immediately, if you'd like. I can get someone else to watch the front desk." That particular job was coming to an end anyway, as the maternity leave the employee was on was ending soon (Preacher had likely been harassed by them of late with their new child).

"I can go over some of it with you and then the previous admin can come by and talk with you as well."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:19 pm
"I'm ready when you are." Then she glanced at the breakfast muffin sitting there all lonely and uneaten. "Maybe I'll need that muffin, after all." It was going to be a full day.

Azuredreams
fin?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:22 pm
"Take the muffin, Preacher, you'll need it," Jeremiah chuckled, shoulders rolling and arms stretching briefly. "Grab it and we'll go make arrangements for the front.

"Besides," his head tilted towards her, "they'll see you with me and won't bother you later about the hat."

He gave her a small smile, stepping towards the door and waiting for her to get the breakfast muffin and then head out. There was a lot of work to be done but he had faith.

The Semblance of Unity
fin!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas