Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:33 pm
Alexis contemplated.

Well. If they wanted to see proper magic, not slight of hand -- that was what they'd been presuming, but it was still another thing entirely. But. Their magic had been coming back, bit by bit, and obviously they didn't want to show it off but - Preacher would probably understand. Probably. Well, if they made her a scapegoat, which they didn't want to do. (They'd never actually talked to her, but her demeanor was familiar. They knew how to act like that. They had acted like that, once.)

After all, prohibition might have been on, but that didn't mean things like flasks were hard to find if you knew where to look and who to ask - and Alexis picked that sort of thing up quickly. It's just that most people didn't leave water in theirs. (But most people also weren't magic, so. That was a moot point. ...Alexis flicked themself in the cheek to pull themself out of their wandering thoughts.)

They opened the container (leaned over, so that it was all obscured from onlookers) and poured a little bit out, letting the water circle around their fingers like drifting rings, and moved closer to see if any trick the young man pulled was done wrong. No draw of attention, no excessive movement -- but if anyone looked close, looked sharp, it was clear something was unusual with the water - and that was the point.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity
just hangin' eight feet back

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:03 pm
Sharp pale eyes were on Alexis as they moved and then-

"Give me a moment?" he said to his companion, and then looked to the ragamuffin. "Do yourself a favor and impress her."

His steps were quick then, right to Alexis, because he had never stopped watching them. No words yet but they weren't really needed because he was watching what they were doing.

Daekie

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:44 pm
Alexis puts the flask back in one pocket, flashing a sardonic smile up at him, then their eyes focusing on the water -- it wouldn't lose cohesion if they stopped looking at it, not unless they got out of control, but it was always nice to be careful. "I'm not in the business of doin' street shows." Their voice is low.

The water shivers and runs lines along their hand, up and around, never going far but never quite touching their skin - they flick an odd drop at him with pinpoint accuracy, never even touching it to move it, only moving a finger to tell it what to do. "So whaddya want?"

They take another bite out of their apple.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:56 pm
"The more important question," he responds, "is what do you want? You got my attention." Kiel raises a hand to stop the water from hitting him and feels it hit his palm, eyes glancing to it.

"Besides that you're still wearing my brother's clothing better than he does," he says with a tilt of his head, "you also look familiar."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:01 pm
"I want," Alexis grins, smug, his eyes on them, "an actual invitation to that reading at Blackfriars, yeah? It's not like I got anything better than this to wear, and I don't want t'get thrown out." The water settles, a tight puddle on the back of their hand, and they stick the apple in their mouth to hold it while they unscrew the flask again to guide the water back in. "Figure an invitation, all proper, will fix that for me."

His comment about them looking familiar, though, makes them raise an eyebrow. "Maybe I got family around here? But I've never been here before, can't help you on that. Maybe I've just got one'f those faces."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:12 pm
Kiel opens his mouth and then shuts it and smirks. "No," he responds, "because I'm not giving someone an invite dressed like you are."

His head tilts and he still smirks. "... but maybe I'll see about getting you something proper to wear and then an invite because magic like that? The Shore family will take notice."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 pm
Well, s**t buckets. Whats-their-name was over there using actual ********' magic and Preacer hadn't been able to get even the bit Mercer had taught her to work. And they were schmoozing up that man big time and well, and well... Preacher didn't have that kind of clout. Or the magic to pull anything off. Still, her expression didn't falter. She'd been hiding things too long to trip up now.

"Well, yer friend just found my friend more interestin'. Sorry I'm not too fancy, but like... enchantin' things, y'know." She pulled out her phone from her pocket and held it flat in one palm. Preacher was grateful she didn't have a bazillion phone charms on it or a flashy case. Just a plain, black phone. "It's a might bit unpredictable, but-" Surreptiously, she pressed the lock screen button and it blazed to life. With a flashy swipe of her fingers and a tap... Suddenly, music blasted out of the device. The music app was set to auto-play and play it did.

"-ould be the King but watch the Queen conquer. Okay, first things first I’ll eat y-"

Quickly, she depressed the button again, turning the screen black and halting the music. Then she put it in her pocket, ever grateful that it started playing there instead of some other part in the song. Plus, letting it play more would just drain her battery. She made a mental note to turn it off entirely soon.

"It ain't enough of a thing ta make a livin', but I get by on the less flashy stuff."

medigel
daekie
azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:20 pm
Alexis smirks right back. He's good. "I'm good with anythin', far as being dressed up, but it's gotta have sleeves. If you need to find me, ask her --" they jerk a thumb over at Veronica - "but I hang out on the rooftops a lot. Air's nicer up there." (And they don't have assholes trying to grab them for a perceived slight. It's not their fault they don't know the gang norms, alright? Nobody's gonna touch 'em without their consent.)

"Don't spread the word around too much. Everyone knows what I can do, it'll be trouble for me."

azuredreams

quite uneventful
mention

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 pm
Kiel looks up sharply at the noise but his focus is back to Alexis in another breath. "I'm fairly certain I can get y'something to wear," he tells them, "and I'll get the invite to you.

"You're not the only one who hangs up on the rooftops," he grins, "but you'll not be unknown for long with magic like that. They'll find you, so you may want to be a bit careful."

Daekie
your invite to blackfriars has been secured!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:03 am
      Veronica continued to munch, watching the group curiously for what the other thought was magic. Her eyes continued to wander to Alexis out of habit, considering the last time they'd been out and about, they'd received quite the shoulder wound.

She almost choked on her snack after seeing the rings of water around their fingers.

Veronica coughed harshly, trying to breathe properly as they struggled to clear her lungs of spare pear, eyes wide. What were they doing?! Veronica would whack them if she could, but 1. They were injured, and 2. She was too far and definitely not heading over toward them. She watched the man who'd visited them both beforehand walk over toward Alexis, and they chatted some, until a sudden blast of Nicki Minaj rang out from the general area of the woman and Preacher, warranting a glance of recognition before she glanced back and forth between the two. The moment she'd been motioned at by Alexis, the female's hands fiddled with one another, curiosity having her attention bouncing between one group and another group. What were they saying? Why had their finger motioned at her? She threw a pouting glance toward them, almost as if saying-- you're telling me everything later.

azuredreams
watching u

Daekie
staring at u

The Semblance of Unity
mini mention once more! (vero appreciates her taste in music)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:18 am
She was the very essence of the inquisition: sharp-eyed, dubious, patient. Kiel's target was very interesting indeed, but Mr. Rags here wasn't half bad.

"Enchantment, huh?" The woman tapped her manicured finger to her cheek as she scanned the object held in his hands. When music blared from it, however, she couldn't hide her shock. "That some new radio I haven't heard about?" she asked, brows raised. "All the ones I see people buying are much larger." And that music was definitely nothing she had ever heard of...

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:44 am
Preacher puffed up, the very picture of indignation. "Nah, I made it! You think I got money for a fancy radio? N' this one it-" For a split second, she debated saying this because it was probably a huge mistake. "-it plays stuff from the future. It's m'magum opus. For now."

She grinned again.

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:07 am
Marlene was not a woman easily impressed. Her brows remained arched.

"Oh yeah? Any ol' hack can say they predict the future. Where's the proof, puddin'? Maybe your fancy palm radio just plays jibberish," she said.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:35 am
"It's a third or less tha size o' a regular radio, ain't no wires, it plays music you ain't ever heard and that's not enough? Miss, I think you've never bee satisfied." Reluctantly, she pulled her phone back out. How the hell was she supposed to prove the music was from the future? If it had really been a radio, the easy way would be to tune into some show that said the date. Something that... said the date... Worth a shot.

She tapped a few things. "'Ey, Cortana, what's tha date there?"

"Preacher, it is currently November 1, 2016."

Thank ********' god. Cortana couldn't do more than that besides play music without wifi or data, neither of which existed here. But the date/time system was running off of her internal phone's settings. Like Preacher could tell it to turn on bluetooth and it could, but it's be no damn use.

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:09 pm
She almost gave an unladylike yelp. It had a name. It talked.

"M-My goodness." A pause. The inquisitor became far more pleasant after the demonstration. "Preacher, is it?" she purred, fishing for something in her purse. "Well, hello, Preacher and...Cortana. What else can you do?"

xThe Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces