azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:34 pm
Kiel frowns at the mention of being hurt, shifting slightly but then it's dropped. Not the time, not the place. Still, he keeps a hand on them to steady because clearly something is awry.

"One moment," he tells them and turns to see someone with a glass of water walking by. Kiel gestures and it's immediately handed over as if it was nothing and he thinks nothing of it. It's held out for them to take and drink.

"I do see the resemblance and the name is unique. Ask another question," his head tilts away from the group that has them spooked. Though he stares, quite hard, at the one who has approached Sunny. Did they not know?

He bites his tongue for now.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 pm
Alexis doesn't drink -- they hold the glass so tight it could almost break, the surface rippling without any visible source, endless and repetitive. It's calming. They calm their breathing, slowly, slowly, not moving from their position very close to Kiel regardless of any wayward glances slanted their way.

Let them stare. Alexis passes well enough as a boy at first glance, if that's what the crowds are thinking about, and this is hardly romantic.

"...how 'bout - those three?" Their eyes flicker over to Asiya, Christopher, and Arthur. "Who're they?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:16 pm
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Looking toward Alois, Veronica simply smiled. It was hard to get under her skin, really, and any sort of talking down would be met with a sweet smile. "It's an interesting sight to behold. You never know if it'll be true or not, and I'm quite a believer."

Veronica kept her hand in the air for quite some time. She didn't mind waiting, and when it came to her interests, she was very patient. Right now, simply being in this time period pertained to her interests. So she waited. The name echoed in her mind, hearing the exact same voice speak to her, just... A lot more bratty sounding. Veronica blinked before gasping-- The name held no weight for her but hey, Veronica was an aspiring actress. This Alexis and the other one had to have some sort of similarities somewhere-- Maybe it was that snarkiness. "Oh goodness. I do apologize for not knowing, as I've only heard of your name on occasion." She offered another smile, as if to say-- Maybe you're not that popular, sweetheart. It was fairly reigned in, however, nothing too insulting implied. She hoped.

The smile continued on her face. "Well, it's not often you hear of something so peculiar happening in this city, you know." It was an attempt to steer the conversation away from that topic-- She'd known it was inevitable that the color of her skin would be some sort of topic(it always was, even with her coworkers), but hey, she'd hoped that being there showed she was at least in that same vein. Then again, she knew no one. "Do any of you happen to know when it'll begin?"

azuredreams*
alexis/alois!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility

Darcie was so relieved to find out that there were people who actually knew what was going on. She had even bothered to buy some more dignified clothing. She felt more relaxed, less like a sore thumb, obviously someone who didn't belong. And the new clothes felt fresh and clean, something she had taken for granted in the 21st century.

Darcie entered the library and glanced at the people milling around. She unfortunately met Alexander's eyes, and once again felt out of place in this weird age. Bowing her head down to avoid looking at the pompous man, Darcie ended up approaching a group of much friendlier looking people. "Um, Hello." Darcie started meekly to the group. "Im afraid im a bit out of my depth here..." Darcie trailed off, still unsure what exactly her role was here.
medigel
@ Christopher

azuredreams
@ Asiya

Micillia

Dapper Duck

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:06 pm
"Alois," says Alexander, "Do shut up." He shifts his attention away from the cordoned-off stairs to Veronica for the first time. He bows his head, just slightly, an acknowledgement more than anything. "How do you do? I'm Alexander Shore. Forgive Alois; he can't control the awful things that come out of his mouth."

quite uneventful

Sunny sits very still and statuesque. She glances at Preacher out of the corner of her eyes. Then she says, "I don't think so." But she reaches up to fix her collar anyway, a hand obscuring the long line of her neck for a moment. The skin of her hands is much paler than the Sunny left behind in 2016, which is odd, because her face seems just as dark and freckly.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm
Alois just inclines his head and takes a sip of my drink. "Yet you find yourself in my company time and time again." His eyes cut to Alexis who bristles but says nothing herself.

Not when Alexander is speaking and clearly inviting Veronica to their little gathering. She would have preferred a tête–à–tête but-

"Peculiar?" she asks, eyebrow raising. "What's peculiar?" Certainly not the reading, which ... "It will begin once everyone has settled and the reader calls for our attention."

quite uneventful

Asiya looks up from her conversation and smiles kindly at Darcie. "Are you new here as well?" she asks. "I can understand that feeling," a gesture is made for her to come closer, "as I recently arrived within this town myself not so long ago now."

Micillia

"Asiya el-Amin, a widower from the Middle East," Kiel says as he tilts his head towards the older woman, "with her are Christopher Ward," he pauses and then whispers, "whose family made their fortune during the gold rush," he straightens back now, "and then Arthur Noor, a distant cousin of the Shore family. He's recovering here after the war with them."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:10 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library, West side with Asiya, Arthur, and Christopher
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility

Darcie almost hugged the woman. Anything to clear up what was happening was a godsend to the out-of-place woman. Darcie was immensely happy to have Acacia with her, but they were both floundering to even fit in here. Another kind face of help was just what Darcie had been looking for. Almost tentatively, Darcie sat next to the woman. Trying not to appear some mad-woman, Darcie chose her next words carefully. "Erm, where did you arrive from? If i may be so bold as to ask."

azuredreams
@ Asiya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:15 pm
Asiya smiles still, eyes crinkling at the edges as she does so. "Years ago I immigrated from the Middle East but recently I have found myself here."

Micillia

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:29 am
"Are ya feeling alright, Sunny?" Preacher frowned. she probably shouldn't treat this one like the other one, but still. She looked kind of, well, weird. "You're lookin' a bit pale n' peaked."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:28 am
Alexis nods, their teeth worrying their lower lip. "...seems like a lot of people I wouldn't assume would be at a spiritual readin'. But -" they don't, can't, look at the Shore group, with Veronica - "maybe I should. Meet Alexis personally." It's forced. They don't want to. (It doesn't matter what they want -- they should know that by now.) But -- they don't understand, and all in all, that's really the worst part of it.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:56 am
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library, West side with Asiya, Arthur, and Christopher
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility

Darcie was crestfallen. She appreciated the kindness, of course, but she really just wanted someone with answers. Also the racism was getting to her. Most people acted just a bit condescending to her, even tho her speech was articulated and her current clothing were fresh and fairly in style. Darcie tried not to hold it against anyone, it was just the time period. "The middle east? That must have been quite the adventure! I bet you have quite the stories." Darcie tried not to be rude as she glanced at the other people in the room, reassured she was in a good place as she saw faces she recognized.

azuredreams
@ Asiya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:57 am
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Turning toward Alexander as he spoke up, Veronica managed to hold back a giggle at his response to Alois, bowing her own head slightly. "Very nice to meet you. It is quite alright, I find it amusing," She commented, offering Alois a sheepish raise of her eyebrows. Looking toward Alexis, Veronica nodded. "Ah. Thank you." She responded-- "I guess I just find it peculiar how so many among us are here as if to see some sort of a show." She grabbed the purse under her arm, sipping more wine before glancing around the room curiously. "There seem to be so many people! I apologize, since I'm from out of town, I do not... know too many by face. Are there any others I should know? I apologize in advance for my curiousity." She figured maybe they'd be able to shine some light on a few of them.

azuredreams
alexis/alois!

shibrogane
alexanderr

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 am
Chris, who had been inclined forward with Asiya, perhaps sharing a tale or two, politely deferred to the newcomer who approached, smiling patiently. "Adventure, perhaps, would put it lightly," he said. "They are just today abolishing the Ottoman Sultanate."

azuredreams

Micillia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:19 pm
Asiya adjusts her hijab, the color of it complimenting the darkness of her skin, hair tucked and carefully hidden away. She was, unlike so many other women present, far more reserved and covered because of both her faith and personal tastes.

"When I left they were still very much in power but that was quite a long time ago," she smiles towards Chris and Darcie, "I don't think anyone present was born yet." She pauses and chuckles. "Ah ... silly me, you've told me otherwise but I just can't believe you're a day past thirty-five."

Micillia

medigel

Alois just gives Veronica something of a sharp, lecherous smile but says nothing. For the moment he's more interested in his drink. Never mind that he's of no help in naming people that he has little to no interest in.

"It isn't a show but a reading and the topic is one that is of great interest to many of us." Spiritualism and magic were alive and thriving in this place. Alexis takes a dainty sip of her drink and then inclines her head. "I don't believe I can help you in that regard. My trips to Ashdown are to visit very specific people."

quite uneventful

"If you think so," Kiel tells them and gives their shoulder one last squeeze before he finally lets go. "Most of us know about this kind of stuff because ..." His head tilts towards Sunny and he straightens back up. "Also I would suspect that not everyone is here because they're interested in spiritualist literature."

He shrugs. "Not every day you run into someone who looks like you, though, so maybe you should go over there. I need to make rounds myself."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 pm
"...Good luck," Alexis tells him, with the strangled voice of someone trying desperately not to let their emotions get the better of them, and takes a deep drink of their water before they swallow it all down again to mean nothing at all. Veronica is there, after all. They trust her, even if perhaps they shouldn't. And what's all the fuss? This is only a meeting, with a woman with their face. Coincidences happen. That's the way of magic. She is not Rill, she will not break their life (that they don't have in this time) -- there is nothing to worry about.

Their face is void-blank, lips thin, eyes dull. "Veronica - would you mind introducing me? I'm sorry, I was held up." They bow, then; a slight movement, posture perfect. "Alexis Tucker. It's lovely to meet you all." It's not their standard mode of speaking, or their standard emotions, but they're in possession of neither right now. Too much chance for catastrophe.

azuredreams
alexis/alois

shibrogane
alexander

quite uneventful
veronica

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers