Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:27 pm
Ashton Carver 25/25

Ashton wasn't nervous -- Ashton hadn't been nervous, properly, for years -- but again, this was something far more out of his control than anything else. And that, naturally, made him uncomfortable, as it would anyone.

Ashton liked being in control of the situation: thus, jumping through a magic time portal to the year 1969 was, in retrospect, an astoundingly bad idea that he had no control over whatsoever. But he'd done it none the less, and now the challenge was surviving in this climate -- and/or thriving -- while playing his cards with both the hippies and the more 'proper' side of society, and -- it was a lot of work. He was tired. And he was at a concert and the urge to ask someone for a smoke was exceedingly tempting.

But he had people to talk to first, maybe.

He moved to Algernon, first, because not only did he suppose he'd known the modern version of the man well enough for having him as a professor, but - they'd already met. "I'm sorry about yesterday," he grinned sheepishly, averting his eyes. "Are you doing alright? This isn't normally my kind of scene, so I'm not really sure what to do."

iloveyoudie
what's up algie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm
Algernon glanced up, instinctively sitting his open beer behind his foot, "Jack right? The doctor."

The earlier encounter had seemed distressing for him, but the bespectacled college student was by himself and seemed much more comfortable not being crowded.

"I believe concerts are for the music," He pushed his glasses up his nose and looked into the fire a moment, then over at the single man with the flask nearby, Bennett.

"Or you can always people watch. Or enjoy the ocean.." The weather was rather balmy for autumn.

daekie

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:49 pm
Juniper Wilcox | 25/25 | +1 Persuasion

Well it seemed the group they had come across was friendly enough. None of them were so terribly familiar to her that she could name them, but there was something tickling the back of her head about them. For now though, she was fine with just making friends and feeling out the situation at hand.

"They definitely have a great sound and feel to them." She remarked on the band. "I can't wait to hear more of their set."

At the mention of drinks and names, Juniper smiled brightly. "Ah, I am Juniper." She gave a friendly wave to the small group. "And a drink sounds perfect, though perhaps not a full cup?" If bite meant what she thought it did, she'd be better off not indulging too much tonight. Not if she intended to have legitimate conversations and learn some s**t.

She was about to ask the duo their own names when she noted a new person had joined their group. A quick glance in his direction confirmed it was the shy kid from the other day. "Hey!" She beamed at him. "Welcome to the party. We were just tossing out introductions."

"So, how late is this shindig expected to go? Possible all night affair? I've heard there's quite a few bands here tonight." She questioned Finn. "Anyone else as good as the band playing now?"

iloveyoudie

Kuropeco

Blade Kuroda

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 pm
Ves +1 Persuasion

The man who responded reminded her of someone she'd known as a child. An Adult. There hadn't been many of those in her life. "Yes, sir." She let a demure smile tug at the corners of her mouth and nodded at Finn. "My name is Ves. I'm new in town, but I guess I found the right event to attend."

Having offered her name and waiting for theirs in return, she reached for a cup of the lemonade. Whatever they had spiked it with was not fooling around. A sip, and she had to stifle a laugh as she shook her head in wonder. "This definitely has a mean bite." Mean. "Helps with relaxing, though, hm?"

-----

Rylan

"Feed it slowly, that's a good call," he said, nodding as he hunkered down beside Junpier and Nasir and did his best not to keep eyeing the giant open flame. It was fine. People lit bonfires all the time and nothing happened. "I'm..." He thought of the pseudo-him at the other bonfire, where Ves was presumably digging for information, and wondered how likely it was those two groups might converge. How odd would it be to have two Rylans who looked quite like each other? "My name's Ry," he decided. A little easier to get away with, maybe.

"I love a good s'more. Of course, I don't think I've ever managed to make one without burning it." He grinned and shrugged. Didn't have the patience for it, and it always came back to bite him in the end when his marshmallow was a charred ball of soot. "I just got here, but I'm glad I came. Music and company, you can't really ask for more."

iloveyoudie

kuropeco

MoonRazor

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:29 pm
"Yes," Ashton smiled, friendly and passive, "that's me, I wouldn't have been mad if you hadn't remembered -- it's really a very common name. I know I did just apologize for it, though, but -" he winced - "you look very similar to a professor I believe most of us had at some point...have you ever considered writing, Algernon?" It was a polite question, with no hidden motives whatsoever. "And I hate to ask, too, but -- is there any chance you could explain who some of these people are? I don't want to make an idiot of myself when I say hello."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:40 pm
"People aren't crabs," sniffs Vivien, but she is charmed enough by America's friendly attitude to scoot a little closer. "I can't go to the moon to stay because there's no atmosphere on the moon. I gotta breathe all the time, even on the moon, so I can only go for a little while because escape velocity is very high if you want to leave the Earth."

She sighs, thinking about it.

"I went to the planetarium in Boston and the docent said girls couldn't go to the moon so I'm going to go to the moon just to make him wrong." She looks at America, very flatly, eyebrows completely level and mouth firmed up into a thin line. "Mama says that's not a good reason to do something. What d'you think, Miz Jones?"

lizbot

Melany seems pretty used to being watched, and drapes an arm around Ezra's shoulder. Even completely human, or appearing to be, her face had some of that powerfully eldritch quality.

chiickadee

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:47 pm
    south bonfire || Leila (C+1), Eve (P+2)

It was a concert, which the couple would have been looking forward too if it hadn't been a concert on the beach. Eve was not happy. They'd been fortunate enough to catch the attention of some strangers kind enough to drive their truck out next to the smaller bonfire so she could sit in the back, but as far as she was concerned that was barely an acceptable solution. It meant she was totally stuck.

"Holy ********... it's me."

Leila's shocked and reverent whisper quickly cut through any possibility of further rumination. There was no mistake about it: lit by the warm glow of the bonfire was the spitting image of herself at 19, give or take a few life choices. Same gas station shades she never grew out of, even. But instead of being a still photo or fuzzy memory of a reflection, this younger Leila was moving and talking. Same intermittent sways and dips of the head and hands. In spite of herself, for some reason this filled her with bubbly joy -- perhaps because it was the first time this actually felt like a magical time travel adventure.

With a bit of nostalgia.

Eve was utterly beside herself with how adorable the late-teenage version of her wife was. "Hey, Inspector!" she called to Shun. "Introduce us to your friends, would you? We brought lemon bars."

They really had brought lemon bars. Leila had been so put out by seeing one and not getting to eat it they went out and got a bunch.

Blad Kuroda
iloveyouDI
kuropco
Gry Dragon
Koelina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:11 pm
Shun Kuroda 25/25
+1 to combat

Shun nodded once to Maren as he caught her eye. That stick she had certainly had its fair share of marshmallows.

"Would you put it any other way?"

Glancing back at Juniper, he nodded, then turned towards the group here.

"Ah, right. Shun Kuroda," he offered. It was about then that he heard Eve calling out to... probably him from behind. He glanced over his shoulder to see her with Leila. Modern Leila. Okay this meeting with young Leila just got slightly more awkward than it already was. He was going to need to think of something to call her.

Unfortunately, it seemed like he wasn't going to be able to get by not being called Detective or Inspector or whatever. Which was unfortunate. He wasn't sure how these people would react with a cop around... even if this particular cop had no real authority during this time. He wasn't even really certain of all the nuanced laws of the era.

"We were just getting acquainted," he nodded, "I will let you two introduce yourselves."

Cibarium
iloveyoudie
kuropeco
kolina

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:19 pm
America Jones +1 Crab People in Space

"But can't crabs be people?" America offers mildly. The smile fades soon, though, and by the time she's Miz Jones'd, the girl is shaking her head.

"I think it's silly." And before there could be a misunderstanding, she goes on, "Don't bother with Can't Folks, sweetpea, they don't got any sense." Crouching to look the little astronaut in the eyes, America explains, "There can be a million fellows saying a girl can't go to the moon, every hour of every day of their lives, and all it takes is a single girl going and doing it to prove them wrong. Forever."

And then she's smiling again, "Can't Folks are just wasting their time while you're busy off being a heckuva lot smarter than me 'bout moon business and makin' Big Plans."

shixbrogane

ngl America also wants to see a crab in a space suit now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:06 am
    south bonfire || Finn, Rylan, Leila

"Probably go all night, even after the music stops," The other man who was not Finn spoke. He was slightly younger but they had a similar bearing. He again glanced at Vivien on the beach with the stranger, "We'll probably stick around to make sure these fires go down properly."

Finn had an agreeing nod on that point as well as seeming satisfied enough that Ves had introduced herself, "Finn Derouen."

"There should be some more music but most people are here for that band," The other man seemed a little more into the music and looking for others, like friends who hadn't showed. He did introduce himself with a pleasant enough nod, "Cam Rylan."

Leila it seemed was craning to look for the band again but realized there were introductions and smiled gently at everyone, though she still seemed a bit uneasy, "Leila. Hi."

Someone calling out the name 'INSPECTOR' had them all looking to see the newly arrived women. Cam's mouth quirked and he spoke low to Leila near him, "She could be your mom.. "

Leila looked a bit self conscious honestly, especially when she happened to notice the other lady in the back of the truck. She smoothed her hair a bit and spoke to Cam, "What? No. What?" But she did, it was true, and somehow that bothered her.

But lemon bars. She wanted a lemon bar.

kolina

moonrazor

cibarium

blade kuroda

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:35 am
    north bonfire || Nasir & Algernon

Nasir smiled at Ry and couldn't help a small wave even though the man was right there, "I'm Nasir." He couldn't help but think that Ry looked like their fire chief but it would be rude to just blurt those things out so he simply fiddled with the bag of marshmallows he'd brought along.

"I kind of like the slightly charred marshmallows," He nodded with a small smile, "A little firey but melty. A char flavor can't be overlooked sometime..." Nasir apparently was into food.

moonraxzor

kuropecxo

"Not particularly," Algernon's brow furrowed, though it made more sense now why he'd felt like he was left out of some joke that whole strange group was in on. "I study the classics. I'm aiming for museum curation by the end hopefully.." He seemed to be an academic because it suited him.

Asked about the people around Alg could only rub his face a bit, "I don't know everyone." He was being honest, "I know those two are teachers." He motioned across at Juniper and Nasir, "And I know I saw the fire chief around."

His brows raised, "Probably more natural to introduce yourself to anyone you're interested in. Than to be a stranger who knew all about them, hm?"

daekixe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:31 am
Ashton Carver 25/25

"I prefer," he quirked one eyebrow, "to lie in wait, really, as far as meeting new people goes...but museum curation? That's quite a field! I can't say I've ever met anyone with an interest in it before." Ashton did sound genuinely interested, at the very least, eyes light. "But as far as being a stranger goes - I've always found it's better to learn a little bit about people before entering into conversation, especially when I'm not from around here."

iloveyouDIE

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 am
    south bonfire || Leila (C+1), Eve (P+2)

The lemon bars were piled in a brown paper bag, which the older Leila leaned down to present to the group as she fitfully avoided making too many glances at her younger double. "Would you believe that's my name too?" she smiled amicably, taking a chance at some direct eye contact. "Who knows, maybe I'm actually you from the future."

This was said with an exaggeratedly spooky voice which made Eve snort a little. Part of the werefox was waiting for a glare from one of their travelling companions, but with Sunday having mentioned no one was going to remember them, who gave a s**t if anyone took the joke seriously?

"And that's Eve," Leila continued. "She's my--"

Not being able to safely say they were married made her voice and expression falter for a split second, as it had every time they'd introduced themselves in this era so far.

"...friend."

The lemon bars were stuck together a bit in the bag, and the crust was a bit crumbly, but overall they were perfectly delicious.

Blade Kurda
iloveyuDIE
kurpeco
Grey Dragn
Klina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:51 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 - SOUTHERN FLAAMES

Shun eyed Finn and Rylan. This was very weird, indeed. And he wasn't even really sure where to begin with all of this. He nodded once to both men as they introduced themselves.

"Ashdown seems like a pretty nice town. Concerts like this happen often?" he asked the group here.

He glanced to Eve and Leila, noting they decided to use their actual names. The latter was even poking fun at the fact that she was meeting a younger version of herself.

"Future version of her? Do we need to break out the tinfoil hats?"
iloveyoudie
Cibarium
moonrazor
Kolina
Grey dragon

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 am
Ves to south bonfire. Persuasion +1

"Good men have good ideas," Ves said, raising her cup at older-Rylan's words. Cam, she decided to refer to this one, to keep him separate from the one she's showed up to this timeline with. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm glad I picked this bonfire to sit down at."

As Leila and Eve joined the group, she sipped at her lemonade, taking it slow. It wouldn't do to chug too much and knock herself out before they'd gotten to better, juicier topics of conversation.

"Do you all know each other, then?" Ves added, picking up on Shun's nice town train of thought. "Seems like a small enough town. Cozy?" Maybe not quite the right word, but it was the kind of place where everyone looked familiar and news traveled fast.

-----

Rylan to north bonfire

Rylan grinned. Nasir had a certain charm that made him eminently likable, and it wasn't hard to give in to the talk of food. He wasn't much for finesse, but if the topic was Things You Can Eat, Rylan was pretty much sold.

"Fiery but melty sounds great," he admitted. "How do you control it though? Fire is... wild." This, Ry knew from experience. Just because it was on a little marshmallow didn't make the fire tame.

"What about you?" He asked of Juniper. "Are you more of a char, or a plain melty person?"

iloveyoudie

blade kuroda

cibarium

kolina

grey dragon

kuropeco

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers