Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:35 pm
He blushes deeply, and glances towards Mika. “Oh! You… must be… Mister Noor mentioned,” he ducked his head apologetic. “Mister Noor mentioned that it looked like we might be related. I – I am very pleased to make both your acquaintances, even if I do very much wish it were under better circumstances.”

He did a small curtsy, before remembering that he wasn’t wearing a skirt, he was just admiring them.

shibrogane

silverah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:11 am
Jamie Delacroix | 25/25
    +1 to Persuasion

The response Shiloh got was warm, it was soft, but it was strong too in a way that said he wouldn't have to worry. "Yeah, we will." They had each other's backs. Their time spent together since returning from the ball had assured him of that. "Okay, but just for a second," there was a smile in his voice, he obviously wanted to move closer too, "We've gotta look for Ollie soon before he sends a search party."

Except something caught his eye before he could turn back to the stage and the smile all but faded, replaced with confusion.

Across the room he saw the very twin they'd come here to meet, but seated in the booth he stood over were two very familiar people. With the woman he didn't recognize, he saw Shiloh and he saw himself. Even the dim lighting and distance couldn't negate the absolute familiarity of the faces he knew better than any others.

"W-What..." he gasped out under his breath. So it was true then, Liam really did know them. He knew the ones who were supposed to be here in this time, this cycle, most likely.

"Shiloh... we have to..." Without explaining further, he grabbed Shiloh's arm and dragged him towards the booths. How this would go, he had no idea. It seemed almost like a bad idea to immediately reveal himself to the Jamie and Shiloh of 1989, but he had a bad feeling things were about to get awkward regardless.

"T-There you are," he said as he put a gentle hand on Ollie's arm and tried to act casual. It wasn't really working, he couldn't keep himself from looking at the three in the booth. "Is... everything okay?"

Jamie had no idea what he was doing.

Melancholies

Silverah

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:36 am
Marcus arrived, trying his best to not looks conspicuous. A nice black vest and suit pants. Grey tie. He did his best with what he could afford as to not be offensive. A wake was still in the end, a wake after all.

Crashing it to find if it had been chance or luck that it just might be the same Renard? He almost choked on air to see it was devoid of the man he'd expected, rather, had Liam there along with other eerier look alikes. Including a very odd otherworldly looking Shun who lacked hair and made Marcus curious if he had gone through some kind of governmental conditioning. Shaved head but not in the way of offensive. Military almost.

The people in the room were talking, but- it was a wake, and while he might not have known the deceased, it was only right to see who it was, to maybe check if he might know. If he might understand a little better what red strings of fate that tangled them all around had brought them to this point. Gingerly, he made his way to the small table that housed the photographs and guest book, picking up the pen and signing his name.

Silverah
Marcus is lame
shibrogane
and is gonna go look at photos and be polite with the guest book

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:46 am
Temperance Clark: 25/25
no rolling modifiers

"Funny, isn't it? I got mistaken for you, earlier, I think. I guess it's not too surprising." She watched Zac talking to someone, saw Rabbit watching her. (He got a small wave and a raised eyebrow.) Temperance had found that looking at her other self for more than just a few glances here and there was kind of... unnerving. Though, she did look over, for politeness' sake.

"I'm here for moral support, for a friend. He asked me to come. I didn't know anyone personally. This, um, might make me sound like a terrible person, but..." And, hopefully, admitting this wouldn't get her kicked out.

"Who is the wake for?"

shibrogane
silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:59 pm
    Oliver Beaumont // +1 persuasion rolls // 25/25

Oliver was still aimlessly gesticulating with his hand, other hand settled on his hip as he shook his head (these two, he thought innocently). But Shiloh's voice shook and when he looked over, his posture was completely different. This wasn't the Shiloh that he had left the hotel room with; this wasn't the right Jamie either. Why wasn't he looking at him? Why...

“Shiloh?" he echoed his brother, brow furrowed. Immediately the hand left his hip and started to play nervously with his other one, fingers thrumming together as he felt that all too familiar anxiety bubbling in his chest. “W-What's with the look? You're screwing with me right?" he laughed nervously, “C'mon, don't you think this is too soon after the Court thing for jokes—"

A hand at his arm made him jump, and his head swiveled around to see Jamie and an equally confused Shiloh.

He looked to his brother in the booth.

He looked to his brother standing next to him.

We shouldn't be here Shiloh thought inwardly as he stared his own (and Jamie's) doppelgangers in the face. His face echoed that of the other Shiloh: blank, shocked, scared maybe, pale. This was like meeting Beel. This was like seeing Oliver before he careened into the void that led him here in the first place. He was sort of starting to hate seeing his face absolutely ******** everywhere.

“I-I—" Oliver was still gawking, looking between the two pairs (occasionally to the strange women too) when Shiloh tugged on the back of his shirt, pulling him backwards. It was too late for either of them to try and knock out any coincidences; but how did you say "yeah, I'm from the future like the ******** time police"?

Well, Shiloh might have said it that way, but Jamie and Oliver probably wouldn't have appreciated that. Instead a very puzzled “What the hell..." found its way out. Surely this had to be another effect of the cycle; was this a cycle? Some other cycle? The same series that he had now been forcibly removed from? So a past one, then; which made sense given the time frame. He swallowed hard, not sure what to say, waiting for any sort of confrontation.

Melany had done a good enough job of preparing him for that, anyway. He might not have had his plants, but he could almost taste the raw magic in the air, and it felt like his skin crackled with it.

saedusk

silverah

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:16 pm
"No, not surprising at all," replies the other Temperance, sounding oddly choked. She pulls the toothpick clean out of her olive, twists it between her fingers, and stabs it through once again.

"No," she says, shaking her head. "You don't sound terrible at all. I mean, who has a wake for so many people at once, right?"

She laughs bitterly, like she recognizes the absurdity of the situation but it just keeps happening.

"It's for all our friends who've died of AIDS," she explains. "I'm a nurse. I... treated some of them."

The Semblance of Unity

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
AMItotic rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:55 pm
Lily Babineaux - 25/25
    no roll modifications

The handy thing about squatting at a 24-hour gym was that there was always an influx of people, and people meant chatter and news. Sure, the grapevine wasn't as instantly gratifying as a twitter feed, but Lily suddenly had ample time on her hands, given that she had no classes and no instagram to check, no youtube to create content for. Once she'd gone through the five stages of grief at the loss of her phone's battery, she practiced a much older form of information gathering--simple eavesdropping, and it was easy pickings in the locker room. Something about communal showers made everyone feel like a family, and with that came all sorts of little tidbits.

Most notably, she'd caught wind of a thing happening at some bar down the street, something on a Thursday, like what the nervous Professor Noor surrogate had hinted at. It wasn't much, but it was more of a lead than busking the rifts in time away, and so there she went, to some grungy bar in some back alley, feeling all at once like a bundle of nerves and a badass. Here she was, being her own woman, investigating the end of the world like an adult and not panicking about it and certainly not being off-put by a bar that wasn't Darlene's, wasn't home.

Lily took a moment to find her center and crossed the threshold into the somber locale, a hand rubbing the back of her neck as she looked around. If she'd thought the funeral vibes were going to be genuine, she wouldn't have bothered asking to borrow someone's hairspray, her normally lifeless hair held in place with moderate crimping and smellable amount of aerosol. It didn't do her much good, wearing her freebie YMCA tee with its deliberate distressing and wear-and-tear, but it was the thought that counted, right?

She shrugged at Shun as she past by him, trying not to stare too hard at the person who was her parkour buddy...but not. She wondered if he would be just as affronted by the Officer Smiles moniker as the real deal, but ultimately decided against testing it. This Kuroda looked like he would arrest someone for looking at him the wrong way.

"Didn't think the fuzz would be in on something like this, after the way the protest went," Lily shrugged at Shun, denying him eye contact by continuing to scan the crowd. "Are you...here for someone in particular?"

Silverah

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:21 pm
Detective Kuroda casts an askance look at Lily. "I'm not here on official business," he says, despite the conspicuous badge. "Just trying to keep the peace if I can."

His focus shifts, sliding across the room to rest on the steely-haired man sitting alone in a booth. "The owner's a friend of mine," he says. "I owe him a favor."

He pauses.

"A whole lotta favors."

Amitotic

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:28 am
Temperance Clark | 25/25
no roll modifications

This her was a nurse, too. Temperance looked at her hands, rubbing her fingers together. What did that mean - was it destined, fate, or some bullshit like that? "You know, funnily enough, I'm studying to be a nurse, too." She didn't have the same experiences as this one, but maybe she could understand a bit.

"Do you want me to grab you another drink - or maybe you want to keep stabbing that poor olive?"

silverah
shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 am
"Small world," remarks Temperance. She glances down into her glass. "I'm good."

The Semblance of Unity

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 am
Rabbit Vaughn, bar, +1 persuasion

He looked down at his hands abruptly and guiltily as soon as Temperance acknowledged him, wanting to listen in but not necessarily wanting to get caught at it. Instead, he shifted his attention to a woman seated closer to him, holding in a cheery greeting since apparently this was a wake. A wake! That wasn't ominous or anything.

"It's all very sad," he said to Erin, finally glancing at the wall behind the counter to see what this place had to offer on the booze front. "Death."

Silverah
shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:08 am
Erin looks at Rabbit like this is the wisest thing she's ever heard. "Yes," she agrees. "Tragic. It's a ******** plague."

The bar is fully stocked with the expected accoutrement of mid-level hard liquor. Coors, Blue Moon, Guinness, and Yuengling are on-tap. Liam's soda gun lies discarded in its counter holster - it would appear that Andromache stocks Coca-cola products.

Smerdle

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:51 pm
"It's upsetting," agrees Sibyl, "but we're starting soon. Please have a seat."

Indeed, the room is beginning to get more crowded.

endejester

The woman looks between Jamie and Jamie and then between Shiloh and Shiloh. "Um," she says, and she nudges her Jamie, who looks to them and then blanches.

"What the ********," repeats 80s-Shiloh, by way of agreeing with Shiloh-Shiloh. Eightloh, one might say. (Though one should refrain.)

"Maybe you should sit down," says their companion. "I'm Dana. This is Shiloh Beaumont and Jamie Delacroix. Um... we're friends of Renard's."

She nudges Jamie and Shiloh again, and they all kind of scoot together, making room on one half of the booth. Eightloh pulls their fry basket with them, kind of possessively.

Melancholies
saedusk

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:56 pm
Temperance Clark | 25/25
no roll modifiers

"Sorry," she said, feeling awkward. Temperance didn't know what she was supposed to ask or find out in order to fix anything. She didn't even know what was wrong. Her hands fidgeted.

"Do you know if the Shore family is here?" Maybe finding one of those types would help... She really didn't know.

silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

saedusk rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:56 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 25/25
    +1 to Persuasion

Their 80s-selves' reactions to meeting them face-to-face in the flesh were about what Jamie had expected—with the exception of his own double, though that was neither here nor there—but he hadn't quite thought they'd all get invited to the table. It was probably better not to cause a scene, but despite her apparently mild confusion, Dana seemed surprisingly calm. Jamie wasn't sure if he was reading her wrong, but the way she stepped forward to shepherd the conversation made him decidedly curious.

Trying not to look too awkward, Jamie shuffled into the booth first, eyeballing his past self for a short moment, finding it surprisingly right how possessive Eightloh was over those fries, and finally looking Dana in the eye as well as he could manage.

"It's... nice to meet you all, um, despite the circumstances." A wake, he recalled in that instant. "I'm, well, I'm Jamie. And we-" He wasn't sure if diving straight into stories of time travel and tears in the veil was a good thing or not, so he simply shook his head. Maybe Shiloh or Ollie would have something to say about it. "-we haven't been in town long," he admitted.

"Are you... from around here?" he asked Dana. The fact that all of this was happening in New York and not Ashdown, where Jamie had rightfully expected, still had him wondering just what it all meant.

shibrogane
asking Dana a question

Silverah

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items