Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
(PRP) Unfamiliar Waters (Eira "Shimmer" and Blue Fin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:34 pm
He smiles a bit as he nods in agreement, "Which is why I think I might react better to someone else's injuries because it's not me who's injured. Of course the good thing about my panicking is that I panic on the inside and the only times I panic by moving is when I become startled. Since I know moving will only make the injuries worse while staying still for long enough the pain will gradually fade. It will probably work best for small injuries and possibly some medium injuries." He nods his head still smiling, "I'm sure that I would be able to handle a situation a bit better if I knew that you were tending to my injury. Of course if a healer I didn't know was tending to my injury I would still panic a bit on the inside because I wouldn't know them as well as I know you. I'm sure in time that I'll feel a bit more comfortable with strangers, though, that will take a while." Blushing a bit, "Your welcome, I try to understand others so I can get along better with them and having an open mind does help."

When they get to a certain area Shimmer detours making him realize that they must be close to the Grail which means they have to be that much closer to her home. After Shimmer confirms that they are almost there she has them stop which he can understand since he's sure she will want to tell them that she brought guests home. Smiling he nods his head, "Take all the time you need because we aren't going anywhere until you show us were to go." While Shimmer swims away Ice Iris swims up next to Blue to keep him company while they wait.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm
User Image
Keeva tried not to fret as she waited for Eira to get back. It was getting late and only Flurry's assurances that their youngest was more than capable of handling her errand and that she was fretting for nothing. She let out a stream of bubbles, not nearly as interesting or useful as Flurry's but they helped ease her anxiety. She sank to the bottom of the grotto and let out a sigh. She had to admit if pressed that the reason she was so worried was because Eira was a seathi and she'd have been less worried if it had been her other daughter Astra. There was also the fact Astra would be far less likely to go out alone. Nicholae, her kelpie mate would have accompanied her and kept her out of any serious danger. Even then Astra was still a mer and twice the size of her little sister.

The light from above was fading and Keeva again wished she'd gone with Eira. She'd have been able to to get them both out and back from the traps in half the time. Eira needed the opportunity to prove she could handle such responsibilities though and couldn't spend her entire life in and around the colony just because Keeva didn't want her putting herself at risk. Eira was following her and Flurry to become a healer and not every emergency could be within the confines of the Grail.

Keeva looked up from her musings as she saw a shadow flick across the entry way. "Eira?" she called out hoping the worry wasn't too present in her voice.

Shimmer sighed as she heard her mother's tone. She'd probably spent all day worrying about her and not getting anything else done. Well Dad had probably handled it as best he could. Her mother at least hadn't swam out there to collect her. "Yes, I'm back." she swam closer and smiled. "Not much in the traps though, brought what was there."

Relief that her daughter was in fact fine eased her considerably. "I'm sure whatever you brought is fine. We'll make do." she smiled and nuzzled her little daughter. She then frowned watching Eira's expression. "Something happen?" she could see the uncertainty in the other's eyes.

"Well," she'd hoped her mother wouldn't catch on so quickly but oh well. "I ran into someone." she said. "He was all alone and evidently been through some hard times and I offered to let him sleep in the supply cave until he gets himself sorted." she glanced up. "Was that alright?"

Well that explained why she was so much later than she should have been. "Yes, of course, dearest." she couldn't be angry at her daughter in doing the right thing. "Is he in there now?" she asked.

"No, he's waiting outside for approval."

Keeva nodded in approval. She would have been a little upset if he'd just moved into their supply cave without first getting permission. She floated up a bit from the floor of the cave and then carefully slipped outside so not to bowl Eira over, or rather Shimmer as she should call her until further notice. After the first two girls had gone by their first names it still sometimes tripped her up when the other children preferred to go by their handles. Just like their father in that respect. She smiled to herself and only took a moment to spot their house guest who was certainly not hard to find being bright white which made him stand out in the fading light, and was that a narwhal? Well Shimmer hadn't mentioned anything about a familiar but it was fine. She drifted closer and then bowed her head slightly. "Hello. I'm Keeva, Shimmer's mother, and you must be our grotto guest for the evening?" she smiled serenely but there was an edge of iron to her voice that she would take no nonsense. It was the same voice she used on patients.

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 pm
After hearing the edge of iron in Keeva's voice he worries a bit, though, he doesn't let it show because she must have a good reason. Without making it too noticeable he quickly looks at her left side wondering what happened. When he bows his head to show her respect he bows his head a bit too quickly which reminds him that his forehead still hurts a bit. He was having such a good time talking with Shimmer that he had forgotten all about his sore forehead. Looking up he rubs his forehead a bit before smiling, "Hello Keeva, it's nice to meet you." Carefully nodding his head he replies, "Yes, I am the grotto guest and I hope you don't mind my staying here for the time being." Then motioning to his right, "I'll let my companion introduce herself since it's been a while since she said anything."

Ice Iris snuggles Blue, "I hope your forehead doesn't hurt as much as it did when you swam into that rock." Swimming back a bit she looks his forehead over, "Looks pretty good, though, there is just a bit of swelling which doesn't seem to be too noticeable." After swimming up next to him again she snuggles him a bit more before turning her attention to Keeva. After bowing her head to show respect she smiles, "It's nice to meet you, Keeva. I'm Ice Iris and I hope you don't mind if I also stay here for the time being."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:43 pm
She caught the tail end of the conversation between the other seathi and his companion."You're injured?" she raised an eyebrow. Eira hadn't mentioned that. "E--Shimmer didn't mention that. She knows better." she glanced back towards the grotto entrance where she could see the faint outline of her daughter. "Shimmer, you didn't mentioned he was injured." there was admonishment in her voice but it wasn't harsh, just a fact.

Having relieved herself of her burden of the fish bag, Shimmer swam out and moved closer Blue and her mother. "I was going to but then you swam out. It's minor though, just a little knock on the head. A moon kelp poultice and he'll be fine in the morning." she nodded.

Keeva almost asked if her daughter had hit the stallion but thought better of it. Most likely an accident or something he'd gotten before running into her. That would account for why Shimmer had decided bringing him here and then asking was the best route. "I see. Well should be simple enough to handle." she noted Shimmer had taken off her bag. "Where are the fish?"

"I put them on that shelf in the air pocket."

Keeva nodded. "They'll be fine enough there until morning." she gave her daughter a fond smile and then nodded again to their guest. "I'll leave you to E--Shimmer, then. Have a pleasant rest." she carefully drifted up again and then inside the main home disappearing from sight.

Shimmer let out a sigh of relief. That had gone better than expected. "Come on, I'll show you to the supply cave and get your head taken care of." she gave a little tail flick and lead Blue over towards the slightly smaller of the two cave entrances.

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:41 am
Since he had forgotten all about his head injury it wasn't a surprise that Shimmer had as well. They were getting to know each other better so by the time they arrived he was thinking about training to become a healer. So when Keeva overheard his conversation with Ice Iris he hoped Shimmer wouldn't be in trouble because her Mother found about about his injury before Shimmer could tell her. After Keeva turned and nodded Blue lightly nodded then replied, "Thank you, and I hope you have a pleasant rest as well." Not really knowing what else to say since he's a bit confused about what's going on since it seems she wants to call her by another name of sorts. Shaking his head a bit doesn't really help since it only makes his forehead hurt a bit more. Blushing he looks over at Shimmer smiling a bit before lightly nodding before following her while wondering a bit about the little tail flick, "I'm glad that I meet you because I have a feeling if I didn't I never would have meet Ice Iris. I also started remembering more about my Family which is always a good thing. While on our way here the three of us learned more about each other and I can't wait to spend more time with you tomorrow. By then my forehead should be feeling much better and Ice iris will have had time to rest. Seeing as I have no idea how long it took her to find me, though, she definitely looks tired." He looks over feeling somewhat concerned about Ice Iris and hopes she'll be able to sleep well tonight.

Blushing she's sure she was doing a better job at hiding how tired she feels. Since they are so close to the area where they will be able to safely sleep. Which is probably why she's letting herself look as tired as she feels because she can fall asleep soon. She goes to swim next to Blue when he carefully takes hold of her so she doesn't have to swim to the supply cave. What he doesn't know is that it took her all day to find him even though she had no idea who she was looking for. All she knew is that she had a feeling that she had to find someone so she only rested when she had to. Once they get into the supply cave she'll cuddle up against him before falling into a deep sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 pm
Shimmer moved to the side as she entered the supply cave and let Blue in. "Make yourself at home. You can put your bag anywhere. There's an air pocket towards the back of the cave so you won't have to leave in the middle of the night to breathe." she swam over to a small container hanging on the wall and gently nudged it with her nose from side to side until the luminescent algae inside started to give off a pale green light. She then swam over to two more containers giving them each a nudge until the cave was bathed in pale light. "There. They'll go out on their own in a few hours." she noted that one container wasn't as bright as the others. "Gonna have to replace that one soon too..." she'd make a note to mention it to her parents and they could make arrangements to get a replacement.

Now that seeing wasn't as big an issue, Shimmer went to the shelves and looked through them looking for the items she needed to tend to Blue's head. "Let's see, need that and this..." she trailed off as she continued to poke around. Eventually she was satisfied with what she'd found and carefully extracted the ingredients from the jars and other containers, making a quick paste that she applied to a strip of kelp that she'd run a hoof over to cause it to slowly leak the fluid contained inside the strip.

She grabbed the end of the kelp and moved back over towards Blue. She dropped the kelp from her mouth for a moment and managed to stop it's slow drift down to the floor with her foreleg. "Don't move." she said quickly then jerked her leg so that the kelp drifted back up towards her mouth so she could catch it and apply it to the male's head. She tried not to be too self conscious about the fact she was hovering so close to his face and that his vision was for the most part was taken up by her underside and tail. She could feel her face heating but managed to get the kelp wrapped around his head and horn before quickly backing off. "There that should do it." she wished she hadn't turned on so many of the little lamps but hoped the bad light would hide the fact that her coloring was now leaning heavily towards pink. "You can take it off in the morning. Whether I'm here or not." she nodded and tried to get her color back to normal. It wasn't like he was her first patient or anything. Just the first patient she'd had to be so very awkwardly close to. There was also the fact he was good looking.

Annoyed with her train of thought, Shimmer immediately derailed it and stuffed those kinds of interests back in the little box where they belonged. She was a professional after all! She cleared her throat and looked back towards Blue. "Well, sleep well. I can show you around a bit tomorrow if you like." she gave him a nod then slipped from the cave and back into the main house proper.

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm
As Shimmer moved to the side Blue quickly swam into the supply cave to find a nice place to place Ice iris. Once he finds a nice place in the middle he lays her down before laying next to her before taking his bag off. Placing it to the other side he looks up to see the area with the air pocket before he notices her nudging a small container. Before he can even think of asking her what she's doing he gets his answer when the small container gives off a pale green light. Knowing that they will stay lite for a few more hours is comforting to him. So when she looks for what she needs he turns his attention to Ice Iris even if he was sure she had fallen asleep.

When he looks over Shimmer is coming towards him with the kelp and before she can say anything he does his best to stay as still as possible. Wrapping something around someone else's wound or wounds can be bothersome if they move around. Since he doesn't want to bother or upset Shimmer he patently holds still since he has no reason to move around. That is until he realizes how close she has to get to him and what part of her would be in front of him. Doing his best not to blush he takes the time to close his eyelids since he feels it would be rude if he didn't. Once she finished wrapping his head up he waited until she spoke before he opened his eyelids just in case.

With her voice sounding a bit away he knew that she had backed up possibly feeling just as uncomfortable with him about the situation. Blushing a bit he wonders if Shimmer is really blushing as well or if it's all in his mind. Either way he slightly nods to her to show he's listening since he's not sure how well it'd go if he spoke since he's too tired to think. Giving another slight nod he looks at her a certain way while he coos, "Thank you, and sleep well as well. Just to let you know I'm looking forward to spending more time with you." The blush vanishes and he quickly replies, "I'm looking forward to getting a better look around the area because I'm planing on spending so much time here." He tightly closes his lips and decides that talking himself out of the situation isn't going to work and by now his face is probably so pink that Shimmer will notice. Lowering himself down he tries to hide behind Ice Iris since he's not sure how Shimmer will take everything. If he had only kept his mouth shut he wouldn't feel like he said too much too soon. They only just meet that day, though, he's never felt this way about anyone before. Then again, he's never stayed in one area long enough to meet others so he's not really sure how he feels at this moment other than confused since he's not sure if he should or shouldn't feel embarrassed about what just happened.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm
She did a bit of a double take when he said he was looking forward to spending time with her. Her mouth opened slightly in embarrassment as she felt her color rising again. The way he amended didn't help either as it was fairly obvious that the first thing he'd said was the most accurate to how he really felt. "Oh, yes of course." she managed to get out to sound as casual as possible. It was hard to hide the fact that she was flattered and embarrassed by the fact that he wanted to spend time with her. None of the other boys around the grail ever seemed to notice her or say they wanted to spend time with her. Their was also the fact that even in the greenish light Blue was decidedly not white or blue. She tried not to smile too much as she managed to get out one final goodnight and darted away.

Once inside the grotto she made her way back to her little nook avoiding the rest of her family and managed to get her racing heart back under control. A chance encounter with a handsome stranger? Oh, it was like a story! She let out a few breaths and tried to relax. She was getting ahead of herself. Maybe he really did mean it the second way and he didn't really like her...or at least didn't think she was pretty or interesting. How interesting could she really be after all? She'd never left the Grail or seen as much as he had. She was probably boring. Of course now she was getting ahead of herself in the other direction. Nothing to do but sleep and see what the future brought. It would sort itself out after all with or without her help. Satisfied with that, Shimmer managed to drift off and get some rest.

The morning dawned clear above the waves and the light quickly penetrated down to the depths of the colony lighting the trails that meandered through it from grotto to grotto. Shimmer slipped out of her family's house and gave a powerful flick of her tail shooting towards the surface getting her first breath of the day as she always did with a leap out of the water and a dive back down to the ocean floor. It just wasn't a proper day if she didn't manage to do that every morning. It was silly but it helped wake her up properly and get her head in the right place. Although today it wasn't as useful as her head was still filled with images of pale stallions with long blue manes. She let out a little stream of bubbles demanding she get her head on straight before peeking into the supply room. "Blue? Are you awake? Ice Iris?" she glanced around a bit. "I thought you might want to get some breakfast before a tour. Nothing more distracting than an empty stomach." she said.

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:55 pm
When Blue hears Shimmer's voice he smiles brightly remembering what he wanted to say last night before he changed what he supposedly meet. While slowly opening his eyelids he begins to wake up as he replies, "Shimmer, last night I said I wanted to spend more time with you, though, I never explained why and even tried getting you to think I meant something else. The truth is I never felt like this around anyone that I ever meet and I have no idea how to properly tell you seeing as we meet yesterday. Having spent the amount of time together I'm not sure if my emotions and mind are moving faster than they should which is why it'll be good to spend more time with you. That way I can figure out how I feel about you while hoping to learn how you feel about me, yet, I got a feeling every so often that you might feel the same about me? Certain times yesterday I either saw you blushing and or I was sure I saw you blushing just about as much as I was?" When he realizes what he says he tries to hide behind Ice Iris because he really has no idea what Shimmer thinks of him and can only guess at her feelings towards him

Once Blue finishes speaking Ice Iris gently nudges him a bit before replying, "Good morning Blue, I hope you slept well, though, by the way you woke up you must have slept better than you have since your Parents were killed. After something like that it must have been difficult to get a good night's sleep knowing that whoever killed your Parents might be tracking you down? I know it might seem like an odd time to bring what happened to your Parent's up, though, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Looking up at Shimmer she blushes a bit, "Good morning Shimmer, Blue and I are more than reading to get some breakfast before we go on the tour." Ice Iris nods her head a bit to the last part because her stomach does feel rather empty as she explains, "Of course, I hope you don't mind my bringing up that subject, though, it'll be one of the most powerful reasons and motivators for Blue to become a healer. While you have inspired him to become a healer because of all the kindness you and your Mother have shown Blue and myself yesterday. Which means Blue is motivated to want to learn everything that he possibly can about healing so if and or when he finds someone that's been injured and or doesn't feel well he'll be able to help them." Ice Iris gently nudges Blue a few more times before they both go up to the air pocket Shimmer had told them about which might help Blue to think about what he's saying. Though, she must admit she rather enjoyed listening to Blue speak his mind about his emotions and hopes that he does it more often. So when he looks over to nod a few times to show that her understands why she decided to bring up his Parents because it would make him feel better if he could help others.

While getting some air he replies nuzzle Ice Iris, "Don't worry about bringing up my Parents and what happened to them because you have a really good point. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, also, having just said all of that I am feeling more than happy to have something to equally fill my mind so I don't worry too much about how Shimmer does or doesn't feel about me. So thank you for reminding me about them because you are right to think that what has happened has motivated me to want to spend my time learning to heal. Being able to help others to feel better and or being able to tend to their wounds will help me to fully recover from the loss of my Parents knowing that they would be proud of me." Swimming back down with Ice Iris he swims up to Shimmer closer enough, while, still giving her enough space. Having heard what Ice Iris said he realizes that it's more than true because Shimmer has inspired him to become a healer. Before his thoughts take him away he replies, "I was asleep, though, I am more than awake after I said all of that and hope that you can understand why I said what I said. It's been a while since I've been able to sleep so well that when I heard your voice I felt safe and comfortable with talking with you about what I said last night while what I meant. Of course, I always meant the second thing that I said because it'll be nice to look around the area that you live at and get to know where everything is."

Lady Argentum Draconis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm
Shimmer stopped dead in the water. That most definitely was not the thing she'd expected to hear first thing this morning. Her stomach flip flopped and little shivers that felt like tiny fish swam up and down her spine. She felt color rising to her cheeks and her brain felt like it had left her on a prolonged vacation with no forwarding address. "Uh..." that was eloquent. She needed to say something less the poor stallion think she was rejecting him. He'd probably be mortified and leave right then and there! That definitely wasn't what she wanted him to do. She turned her head and let out a stream of bubbles giving her a moment to collect her thoughts as she stared into the glassy surfaces. Okay, she could do this! She looked back at Blue and even though only a few seconds had passed since his confession she felt like those seconds had been an eternity. She could only imagine how he felt having been the confessor.

"Yes." she finally managed although her voice was a little squeakier than she'd meant it to be. "I mean, yes!" there a little better but still higher pitched than normal. "I do like you and would very much like to spend more time with you to explore this uh..." circumstance? No. "Development!" not really much better and so clinical. She let out another little stream of bubbles and collected her thoughts again. "I mean, yes, I would really enjoy spending time with you and seeing where our...this relationship goes." she gave a little nod and gave him a smile, her cheeks still pink with emotion. "Sorry if I scared you at all or anything, never had this happen before." she laughed a bit. Would he think it was funny? Or would he be relieved that she wasn't pursued by Grail stallions? She honestly didn't know, stallions were funny creatures sometimes.

Shimmer had almost forgotten about the narwhal even though she was currently blocking most of her view of Blue and her voice derailed her thoughts on the currently subject of Blue's confession. That was one way to change the subject. Shimmer simply nodded her head as the two went to get a breath of air. "Yeah, right." she had nothing to add her mind still much more focused on what had happened a few minutes prior.

She looked around the supply room while she waited for the pair and once they returned she gave a little smile. "All good?" she waited for confirmation then darted out the opening and lead them all towards the nearby kelp bed. "Should be plenty of fish for Ice, to hunt while we graze." she said motioning around to the multitude of fish that were darting in and around the waving fronds. "And you can dig in wherever you like, Blue. No protocol here." she smiled at him and then found a spot for herself to eat.

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 pm
Even though he had panicked he did notice Shimmer and how she had handled the situation which was much better than he had. By the time they are ready to go he replies, "Having calmed down enough I'm able to think more clearly so things are much better now." While they follow Shimmer he thinks about what happened and how he'll answer her even though time has passed he knows that she'll understand what he's talking about. After they arrive at the kelp bed he looks around as she explains about the fish for Ice Iris and the kelp for them he nods his head to agree with her. While thinking of kelp he lifts his right foreleg to his forehead where the kelp is remembering that it's probably time to take it off. Though, he has a few other things he wants to say before he asks Shimmer to take the kelp off and check his forehead and horn to make sure they look alright to her. Before he says anything he watches Ice Iris race away to both get something to eat and leave Shimmer and Blue alone for a while. While swimming closer enough to Shimmer he thinks about what he'll say now that she hasn't rejected his feelings so whatever he says now can't hurt. "Thank you, it was kind of you to let me know how you feel about me and hope that as time goes by we'll only grow closer and closer to each other." Slightly blushing, "I think the word development explains everything well enough seeing as it means growth and progress which can be used to describe relationships. With us I hope that with time we'll grow fonder of each other while making progress of getting to know more about each other." After that he swims over to some kelp to graze not sure what else he should say while every so often looking over to make sure Ice Iris is alright. Blue smiles before he coos, "Ice, you called her Ice which would be a nickname since it's only part of her name and she obviously didn't mind so maybe we can call her Ice or Iris for short."

Once Ice Iris had eaten enough she looked over to find Blue looking at her ever so often and she became as worried as he looked until he smiled and seemed to be speaking. Though, she could tell that he wasn't really talking to Shimmer seeing as he was looking at her while he said it and she became curious of what he was saying. While not curious enough to swim over because as long as Blue is happy and safe she is happy so as he turns his attention to his grazing she gracefully swims around. While Ice Iris swims around her thoughts go to how protective she is towards Blue seeing as he's her bonded and she knows he feels protective of her. Having heard about his past she feels that much more protective of him, though, she knows that they are much safer in this area. Thanks to Shimmer's kindness they have a safe place to live for the time being or forever seeing as Blue's feelings for Shimmer are clear while Ice Iris can only be so sure about Shimmer's feelings for Blue. Before she thinks too deeply about their feelings for each other she looks all around her while making sure to stay close enough so that Blue and Shimmer can see her which means she'd still be able to see them.

Lady Argentum Draconis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 pm
"I'm glad you've settled a bit." she nodded her head to him and smiled a bit.

She watched the other pair for a moment before trying to decide on a spot for herself. Did she want to graze close to Blue or maybe a bit away? She wasn't exactly sure what the protocol once you'd declared interest in someone and whether or not she needed to be in close proximity to him. When he suddenly said something she glanced over and put her thoughts aside for the moment. Maybe she'd just figure out what he wanted to do in regards to eating and proximity.

"Oh, well, I'm glad you didn't mind me being so...clinical about it. Sort of a result of my parent's training. They try to teach us that no matter what we should keep our heads in any situation. Means you can try to think through a situation as clearly and logically as possible. Keep from making too many mistakes. Doesn't always work but you know...at least they tried and we all try." she said then blushed a bit. "I too would like it if we grew fonder of each other." she offered a shy smile and then watched him go off to eat a bit then decided that she'd just pick another strand close but not too close to take her own breakfast.

At realizing she called the narwhal a nickname she stopped to think about it for a moment. "Oh, well...I guess it was just natural for me to call her something else besides her full name. Just a lot to say and if you're in a rush better to have something short to say than something that will get you all tongue tied." that honestly wasn't entirely the reason, after all no one in her family used their real name outside of the family grotto. Names were precious and she didn't think it was appropriate to call anyone by their full name at all times. "If she didn't like it I'm sure she'd have mentioned it...unless she didn't realize but yes it is probably wise to make sure that shortening her name is alright with her." She glanced up to watch the animal dart after the fish above then looked back over to Blue.

"Oh! You're still wearing your bandage. At this point you could take it off yourself if you want or I could do it. Everything should be back to normal now." she swam a little closer and peered at the bandage. It had come loose during the night allowing her to see the area around his horn and head just enough to see that the swelling had indeed gone down. "Yes everything does look to be in order and ready for removal."

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 pm
Blue smiles as he replies, "That sounds like a great lesson to teach someone especially if they are going to be tending to wounds or illnesses of any kind." He nods his head, "Mistakes happen and it's always a good thing to try to help others because if someone doesn't try they will never know if they can help them or not."

Knowing that everyone is different and has their own way to do everything he realizes that once he's spent enough time with Shimmer he'll learn why it's natural for her to shorten others names and or use their nicknames. Seeing as it's just natural for Blue to think that she would use their nickname instead of their name. Which makes more than enough sense because after what he saw when his Parents were killed he wouldn't naturally trust others with his name unless he felt safe around them. So shortening a name or using a nickname sounds like a wonderful idea and if there is a situation where he needs to call out to Ice Iris and or anyone else he would want something really short to shout. Even though he doesn't think Ice Iris isn't a long name it doesn't mean that others will agree so he can understand that Shimmer wants to call Ice Iris one part of her name. Nodding his head a bit he agrees, "I think that it's wonderful that you brought that up because I never really thought about being in a rush and need to call out something much shorter than someone's full name." Smiling brightly he looks from Shimmer to Ice Iris, "I'm sure she'll understand and be excited to know that we'll call her Ice or Iris if we are in a rush and need to call to her much quicker because the quicker we can call to her the sooner she can respond. That way if she's ever in danger whoever is nearby will be able to get her attention and or if either of us needs her help for some reason we'll be able to get her attention somewhat sooner."

Quickly blushing he looks at Shimmer once again, "Yes, I am still wearing the bandage and since you said that I could take it off by this point I might as well. I was just unsure if I should take it off or not so I left it on seeing as it couldn't hurt me to wait so I could ask you about it. Though, seeing as it did come loose during the night I should have realized that it would be alright for me to take it off seeing as it did what it was supposed to do." Once he finishes talking he carefully removes the bandage while wondering when it'll be a good time for him to begin training to see if he has what it takes to become a healer.

Ice Iris swims over to see what's going on seeing as Blue seems to keep looking over at her so she might as well see what's going on. When she gets closer she slows down and before long stops a bit away from Blue as she turns her attention to Shimmer, "Thank you for bringing us hear so we could all enjoy breakfast together it was wonderful of you to think about me and what I eat. Also, no one has ever shortened my name before, though, I don't mind being called either Ice or Iris." As she looks over Blue she wonders what he was thinking while he was looking at Shimmer and even more so what he was saying when he was looking in her direction. Of course, it could have had something to do with Shimmer calling her Ice instead of Ice Iris which would make sense. Swimming closer to Blue she nuzzles against him, "It's wonderful to see your forehead and horn have healed so well and happy to know the two of you are getting along so well and hope that we can stay in the supply room until we can find our own place to live. Mostly because I have no idea how long we'll be able to stay in the supply room if we plan on living in the area. Though, I must wonder if there is an area close enough to your home that we can live because I can speak for both myself and Blue when I say that we wouldn't want to live far away. Of course, we can always talk about this later today or another day because I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about while you show us around." Of course, by now Ice Iris is sure that there isn't any place she would want to live more than she wants to live in this area. Not only is everyone getting along they are both rather welcome here, safe here, and Ice Iris is secretly growing fond of the area.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm
Shimmer nodded. "More importantly the hope is that the injured individual learned a thing or two in the process as well and takes better care of themselves in the future." she smiled and shook her head a bit. "I sound like my mother. She's not a fan of reckless endangerment, especially in the name of dares and the like." she paused. "I guess I share her feelings on the subject but having spent my whole life around the colony I also understand the other side as well and there are those that will always do things that others consider dangerous for the sheer thrill of it." she nibbled a bit more as she kept an eye on the surroundings. There were little sharks that often hunted in this kelp stand as well and while they were in the company of Ice Iris it was best to avoid confrontation if at all possible.

She looked back over at Blue as he spoke again. "Well, it's not only that but there's also the fact that many nicknames are to show affection. Let's others know that there are those that they are close to and care about them." she said.

"Never hurts to leave a bandage on longer than required. Just helps protect the injured area a little longer. Of course it shouldn't wear out it's welcome to the point that you forget how to move the way before you were injured. That can happen, becoming too adjusted to being injured." she shook her head realizing she was rambling. "Sorry. I was rambling again." she looked over the whole area around his head once the bandage was removed and nodded satisfied. "Looks good and you've not complained of any headaches, dizziness or nausea so I pronounce you healed." she said with a smile.

She nodded towards the narwhal as she returned. "It was no problem. I know there are some whales that eat plankton but they're usually huge so I figured you weren't much for tiny creatures." she smiled again. "I'm also glad I didn't offend you by shortening your name. I did it out of habit and I should have asked." she bobbled a bit in the water with a bow in apology.

At the mention of somewhere to live she had to think of where any available housing was. They lived near the relative edge of the outskirts but she thought she remembered there being a few empty nooks that could be expanded into proper housing. "There might be." she said out loud. "I'm not entirely sure and of course you'll have to speak to George, he's one of the heads of the colony and you'll have to talk to his family about joining anyway. I don't think they'd let you just move into the boundaries without becoming members." she trailed off realizing that might not be okay. "If you didn't want to join though I think there are some reefs relatively close that might make good housing provided you can find a grotto to your liking."

Blue_Sparkle27

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:24 pm
Blue nods his head in agreement knowing that it's always good if the injured individual something in the process as well as takes better care of themselves. Though, when Shimmer shakes her head and explains that she sounds like her Mother he smiles, "She sounds like a wise healer which means that you sounds like a wise healer, though, I already knew that seeing as the long we spend together the more I learn about you. I can only remember so much about my Parents and how they were raising us, though, listening to you speak helps me to remember a few of their lessons. As well as hearing that you understand both sides I realize that I understand how I disapprove recklessly endangering their lives. While I can also understand to a point that certain ones get a thrill from it. Yet, I can't understand why anyone would do anything just because someone dared to do it. If I liked or loved doing something I wouldn't need someone to dare me to do it. That's why I said that I can understand it to a point seeing as there are still things I will never understand." Blushing he nibbles a bit more hoping that he doesn't sound opinionated and or too opinionated seeing as he can understand it to a point, though, with points they do end. Quickly noticing that Shimmer is keeping an eye on their surroundings he wonders if there is more to this place than just something for them and Ice Iris to eat.

Once he hears the word affection he smiles because he enjoys being around others that do show affection in one way or another. When he meet up with Bluebell, Honeysuckle, Malachy, and Gilroy after living in fear from others he realized that he longed for affection. Once Bluebell, Honeysuckle, Malachy, and Gilroy had to leave Blue was left alone and longing for companionship so it was a dream come true when he meet both Shimmer and Ice Iris in the same day. "I guess with my name it'd be hard to make some sort of nickname so if you think of one let me know. I like the idea of nicknames showing affection, how close they are to each other, and how much they care about each other."

As Shimmer speaks he nods his head to wordlessly agree with her and when she finishes talking he replies, "I'm fine with rambling as long as it's something you believe in, it's important, and or both of those. Seeing as it's important for me to know these things if I'm going to train to become a healer I need to learn how long I can safely keep bandages on, how often to change them, and when to take them off. As well as when to notice when someone is becoming used to the bandage and being injured which hopefully will never happen to me." Sighing in relief as he smiles, "I'm just glad that my forehead and horn are alright, that I haven't had any headaches, whatever those are, dizziness, and or nausea." Slightly blushes he replies, "I've never heard of headaches before, never had them before, so I have no idea other than they have something to do with the head and pain which never sounds good."

"Oh yes, it was very kind of you to think about what I might want to eat. Though, one day I think it would be interesting to try some plankton just to see if I like eating them or not because it's good to try new things even foods. While I must admit I do have a wonderful time swimming around to catch my food because it helps to strengthen my skills for hunting and or escape if I need to get away from someone or something." Nuzzling against Blue to show him as much affection as she can after she overheard what he had said no to long ago. While continuing to nuzzle Blue she replies, "And I'm glad that you feel comfortable with me to shorten my name to a nickname especially after what I overheard Blue say about them. So it's alright with me that you shorted my name, though, I can understand that you should have asked seeing as not everyone is accepting of new things." Ice Iris smiles at Shimmer unsure about how she would feel about being nuzzled or not seeing as she knows that not everyone is accepting of psychical affection. Having just meet both Shimmer and Blue yesterday she feels much more comfortable with nuzzling Blue because he seems more than comfortable with Ice Iris which only adds to her feeling comfortable around him.

Ice Iris stop nuzzling Blue as she speaks, "Blue and I understand that if we live here we should join because that would make a lot more sense. Of course, I think we should first find a place outside of the colony so that we can gradually get used to the colony, it's members, and the rules. After we've settled in well enough we should feel more comfortable with talking with one of the heads of the colony, though, out of curiosity how many heads of the colony are there?"

Lady Argentum Draconis

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces