[PRP] No such thing as too much (Nicolas and Tourmaline) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 am
Tourmaline watched as Nicolas continued to lead on, a smug air about her as her little unwitting pawn played right into her little plan. He was no prince charming that could sweep her off her hooves, but he was serving quite well as attendant. Her lips pulled into a smile as she carried herself off in to thoughts of princesses and being tended to and cared for. Oh how Tourmaline wished to be pampered and cared for just as all the stories she had heard depicted. One day she wouldn't have to look for her gems and baubles on her own. One day the pink and green kirin would just be able to tell someone to go and do it for her and she would be able to relax and be pampered while the one who got sent off to collect her prizes did all the hard work for her. She wouldn't have to potentially ruin her soft appearance by delving into such horrid places and doing such awful work. Honestly, having to step into such a dirty place, it was an insult to her, really.

Her musings pause as she caught the tail end of Nicolas' words. Hm... stopping now? But they hadn't found anything yet! Her tail flicked slowly from side-to-side as she thought carefully about her situation. If she told him not to stop for water, she was sure he would start to become aware of what she was doing, and that just wouldn't do. However, she really wanted to see some gems and start adding on to her gem collection now. While she was thinking about it, this would be a wonderful way to see if the water in this cave was any good to drink.

It took a few moments before Tourmaline allowed herself to say anything, giving her words a nice coating of verbal honey. "Oh, if you'd like to take a drink, go right ahead. I'm sure you must be soooo thirsty! You've been doing so much to help me, why I'm sure you've worked up such a thirst!" She smiled at the mini stallion with as kind an expression she could muster. She had to lay it on thick, let him feel important, it was the best way to make sure he didn't catch wise to what she was doing. "We can look for gems together once you're good and ready to go! I don't think I'd even know what to really look for. Gosh, without you here, I think I'd be so lost~!"

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 am
Nicolas waited patiently, knowing it was considered rude to rush a lady when she is contemplating a decision. From the way she looked, he would definitely say that is what she was doing. Truth be told, his mouth was a little dry right now, so getting something to drink would be very refreshing. However, if the mare decided to push on, then he would continue on. His needs were not as important, if he was making someone else happy. When the mare finally spoke, she said that they could go get some water. It seemed the other could read his mind, considering she had spoken about him being thirsty. He looked down a moment as she spun more compliments for him, saying he deserved a drink and that she wouldn't be able to do this without him.

"I am sure you would have met someone else who knows a lot about finding gems. Maybe they would have known a whole lot more than I did about all of this. I am just fortunate that someone showed me about caves and their hidden treasures,"he spoke humbly. He motioned with his head, before he headed in the direction he heard the water.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 am
"Oh but that simply isn't true," she began. "I might not have run into anyone else and then I'd probably never even think to find gems in a cave like this. Or if I had run in to another, they might not know anything about finding gems in caves just as I don't," Tourmaline exclaimed. Sure he had brushed off her compliments, but she had laced a bit of truth into them. It was necessary to make her words all the more believable. If she had just complimented him with blatant lies, she was sure he would start getting suspicious, so it was always best to try and make her sugar-laced words true, even if they were over the top. Most stallions were easy to impress and win over. If you acted like a weak and dainty thing, all the while stroking their ego, they were so easy to play with. It seemed this mini was different, but that was fine, she would work with what she had available to her.

The mare followed after him, her ears picking up the sound of running water that Nicolas had pointed out earlier. She hoped the source wasn't too far off from them, the sooner he could take a drink, the sooner she'd be able to get her gems that she so greatly desired. Tourmaline could already imagine how lovely her spot within the Lost Foals herd would look with added shine and sparkle from the gemstones that Nicolas would find for her!

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 am
Nicolas supposed it was possible that she wouldn't have run into someone else and would still be looking for gems. Or maybe Tourmaline could have run into someone ignorant about gems...maybe even someone who wanted to lie to her. It was probably a good thing she found him then, since he did not like when others lied. He continued to walk in the direction of the water, the smell of it soon wafting in the air. It was only another five minutes more, before a beautiful underground lake stretched out before them. He trotted up to it and bent his head down, before beginning to drink the refreshing water. After a moment, he looked up and thought he saw something glitter down the right hand side of the lake.

"Lady Tourmaline, you really should get some water too. I would hate for you to get parched being down here. Afterwards, we may want to take that path to the right,"he explained.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 pm
Tourmaline smiled as Nicolas was unable to respond to her compliments. Perhaps her sweet words had finally gotten through to him! At long last, perhaps he would cease his naive act and he would be more malleable to her inner plots and plans. If he was more friendly to her, she was sure he'd be far more likely to take pity upon her "frailty" that she'd happily put on display once they did find those gems. The conniving mare was still upset that they had had to venture further in to the cave, she could already feel the dirt and grime on her hooves and pelt. This was hardly a place befitting a princess!

The mare hummed as she caught Nic's statement. While she remained poised and smiling on the outside, she couldn't help but feel the pull of disgust. Him? Telling her what she should do? The nerve, honestly. Tourmaline would take a drink when she decided she wanted to take one. Having to stop for him and his needs had already taken away precious minutes from her quest for shiny new gems and crystals to add to her collection. Then again, if she didn't at least do some of the things he asked of her, he would surely get suspicious of her motives and that just wouldn't do! Without someone else here to do all of the grunt work, she would be have to exert herself more than she really should as a princess to be. The kirin hummed as she moved close to the water's surface to dip her head down to take a quick drink. She couldn't risk losing her cool and yelling at Nicolas, which would, of course, cause irreparable damage to their relationship of convenience and Tourmaline just couldn't risk that.

"Do you think we'll find gems soon, Nicolas," she asked, already moving to the path that he had pointed out. There was a hope that he would say yes. The musty smell of the cave was only getting worse the further in they went to it was already starting to offend her. "You don't think we'll be down here for too long, do you? I'm already starting to miss the fresh air."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 am
Nicolas waited to see if Tourmaline would get some water, thinking she would regret it if she did not do so. With all the dirt in this cave, it could lead to someone being quite thirsty, even if they weren't now. As the mare bent her head down for a quick drink, he wait patiently for her. It seemed like she wasn't very thirsty or maybe she was in a hurry to get going. He wasn't sure, but when she already headed down the path he had pointed out, he figured it might be the latter. Taking one more drink of water himself, he soon followed behind her as best as his little legs could move. As she asked her questions, he wasn't sure what he could answer her with. He had thought he had seen a glint down this way, but it could be anything. They wouldn't know until they got closer.

"I thought I saw something this way, so it is possible. However, try not to get your hope up yet of us finding anything right away. Finding jewels are not something that is an easy thing, if it was, everyone could get them,"he pointed.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Tourmaline hummed as Nicolas explained why they were traversing the path he had found. While she knew there was truth to his words, she till wished it wasn't so. If she had it her way, the world would be covered in jewels and shiny, glimmering crystals that she'd be able to collect. What a beautiful world that would be! Then again, she realized, if that were the case, her collection would be far less impressive. Perhaps it was better that this was inconvenient, it probably deterred a great many from trying to find the gems that she so greatly seeked out. "Well that's true... Still, it would be nice if they weren't so hidden."

Tourmaline responded to Nic's words as he continued to try and converse with her. Her mind of course, drifted to thoughts of gems and other shiny things that she would collect once she was out of the cave, leaving gaps and pauses in their conversation, not that she much cared if there was silence between them. The kirin did her best to fake her interest in some of the topics that came up, just wanting to keep Nicolas happy so he wouldn't become suspicious of her. She laughed when it seemed appropriate and kept a cheerful tone to her voice as she replied every so often.

As the two continued onwards, the mare kept her eyes peeled for anything that might resemble gems or jewels in the rocky surface of the cave floor and walls. "What should we look for? There must be a way to tell what they look like before they've been cleaned up and polished."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:07 pm
Nicolas looked to Tourmaline when she spoke about it being nice if they weren't so hidden. He wanted to reply with the comment that the best things sometimes come out of the most unlikely places, but refrained. From the look in her eyes, it was clear to the little red stallion that her mind was elsewhere. As they continued their journey, he kept his emerald eyes open for any signs of gems, while trying to inspire a conversation. However, it hadn't escaped his notice that she only seemed to partially answer and some of her laughs seemed misplaced. What could the Kirin mare be thinking of that had her so distracted? After awhile, Nicolas decided to just allow it to be quiet, so he could focus on what he was looking for. Though just his luck, as he decided that, Tourmaline's question broke it.

"I would imagine there would have to be some kind of indication, like something translucent or doesn't look like the other rocks,"he suggested. He still hadn't found what was the gleam he had seen yet, thinking it might have just been his eyes playing tricks.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas