Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
2017 Cosplay and Convention Plans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:11 pm
I have 2 small events im going to next month. The anime club at UNR here in Reno, NV will be putting on Otakupalooza March 11th and I have a cosplay meet up on March 18th. Other then those, the next convention I'm be going to will be SNAFUcon. cat_3nodding
This years cosplay theme for me in Kingdom Hearts. Im currently perfecting his outfir for KH 1 and 2. I'll also be fixing the armor for Ventus and i just need to make the pants and accessories for Sora's Christmas and Halloween town costume. If I have time over summer, I want to make Aqua's outfit however, my main focus will be making the charcter specific keyblades. I want to enter the Masquerade this year at SANFU con. It'll be my first time entering so I'm a little nervous. cat_rofl
Oh! I also am working on the Major for Ghost in the shell. I want it ready for the live action movie. Lucky there is almost nothing to her outfit so it should be quick and easy. cat_whee  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am
Neko Akashi
I have 2 small events im going to next month. The anime club at UNR here in Reno, NV will be putting on Otakupalooza March 11th and I have a cosplay meet up on March 18th. Other then those, the next convention I'm be going to will be SNAFUcon. cat_3nodding
This years cosplay theme for me in Kingdom Hearts. Im currently perfecting his outfir for KH 1 and 2. I'll also be fixing the armor for Ventus and i just need to make the pants and accessories for Sora's Christmas and Halloween town costume. If I have time over summer, I want to make Aqua's outfit however, my main focus will be making the charcter specific keyblades. I want to enter the Masquerade this year at SANFU con. It'll be my first time entering so I'm a little nervous. cat_rofl
Oh! I also am working on the Major for Ghost in the shell. I want it ready for the live action movie. Lucky there is almost nothing to her outfit so it should be quick and easy. cat_whee

Greetings Neko,

Our Vice Captain KayaLing is a huge Kingdom Heart fan and has made many Cosplay outfits from the series. I recommend either sending her a PM or quote her in this thread for any tips about your Kingdom Heart Cosplays. I've taken Cosplay photos of a few Kingdom Heart Cosplayers over the years. Here is a photo that I took of a Aqua Cosplayer:

User Image

Photo Credit: Aqua from Kingdom Hearts and Edgar Figaro from Final Fantasy VI

Taken at Jafax 17, Grand Valley State, Allendale, Michigan

Good luck on your Masquerade if you decide to enter it. Our Guild is behind you so go for it!!

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 am
smithers456
Neko Akashi

Greetings Neko,

Our Vice Captain KayaLing is a huge Kingdom Heart fan and has made many Cosplay outfits from the series. I recommend either sending her a PM or quote her in this thread for any tips about your Kingdom Heart Cosplays. I've taken Cosplay photos of a few Kingdom Heart Cosplayers over the years. Here is a photo that I took of a Aqua Cosplayer:

User Image

Photo Credit: Aqua from Kingdom Hearts and Edgar Figaro from Final Fantasy VI

Taken at Jafax 17, Grand Valley State, Allendale, Michigan

Good luck on your Masquerade if you decide to enter it. Our Guild is behind you so go for it!!

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 pm
Cons I am attending this year
Anime Los Angeles -went to it January
Comikaze
Wondecon- is a maybe
East LA comic con - it's 1 day and free so why not?
E3
Anime Expo
Blizzcon
Cosplay plans
Overwatch sombra or soldier 76- haven't decided
Fist of the north star jagi
Trafalgar Law- if my wallet isn't completely empty  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 pm
KayaLing
HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

I want to point out that my New Year's resolution for 2017 is "having a Square Enix cosplaying year", which will be a resolution that I'm able to keep!

My plans are as follows:
gaia_star Distant Worlds: Music Of Final Fantasy
- I'm a bit disappointed that the Kingdom Hearts concert isn't happening in Canada, but I'm super happy that the Final Fantasy concert is happening in Canada though!
- I'll be cosplaying as Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood) for it!
- I'll be joined by some of my friends, who cosplay from Final Fantasy XV and other series in the franchise. From FFXV, I'm hoping to have 1-2 more Noctis, Prince Luna (male Luna), and Ignis join me. From other Final Fantasy games, Zack Fair will hopefully be there.
gaia_star Otafest 2017
- For early pickup, I'm being casual Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2) wearing Nijuukoo's Sora shirt design. I have the new casual Sora's outfit done. Hopefully, my Kairi will be joining me.
- For Days 1-3 of the convention, I'm being Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood) twice and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) once. Which cosplay for which day has yet to be determined. Hopefully, my Kairi will be my Prompto for one of the days when I'm Noctis.
- For Noctis, I'll be wearing his usual black outfit again and his high school outfit. For the Crossplay Pageant, I'm going to bring some feelings as Noctis (in usual black outfit). For Riku, the outfit has yet to be decided. I'm debating between Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku or female KH2 Riku right now. I have all outfits finished except for high school Noctis. I just need to find a jacket/blazer and a Ravenclaw tie for it.
gaia_star Animethon 24
- This will be my second time going to Animethon. The last time that I went was 4 years ago.
- I'm Zexion (Kingdom Hearts). I'm not sure if it's going to be casual outfit or Organization XIII coat for him though. It depends when the panel (hopefully, it gets approved) that I'm part of is. Either way, I have both outfits done. My Kairi will be Vexen for the panel.
- I'm being Riku (KH) again. His outfit is undecided for now.
- I'm also being Reno (Final Fantasy VII). I'll be joined by my Cloud and my Tifa.
gaia_star Otafest Aurora 2017 - Cosplay is still undecided.

OMG! That is awesome! I hope you will post some pics to the guild later in the year. I love Kingdom Hearts cat_whee  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 pm
Quetzalcoatl - Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - I'm planning on this being my first cosplay at Mechacon!! It's super simple so hopefully i can pull it off before July haha  

NemmieNummie

Adorable Friend

6,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Blissful-Tranquility

Excitable Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am
My cosplay plans this year are pretty small because I'm trying to pay debts and bills and other adult stuff blegh...

Montreal Comic Con- Ciri from Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Otakuthon- Yrel from World of Warcraft

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 am
UPDATE: I'm probably going to skip AMA this year and hit Otakon instead.

God, I hope they get Walkure. sweatdrop

EDIT:(5/15/17) I'm going to Otakon! I got my badge(well, I registered), I just have to do everything else now, lol. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 am
KayaLing

I want to point out that my New Year's resolution for 2017 is "having a Square Enix cosplaying year", which will be a resolution that I'm able to keep!

My plans are as follows:
- I'm a bit disappointed that the Kingdom Hearts concert isn't happening in Canada, but I'm super happy that the Final Fantasy concert is happening in Canada though!
- I'll be cosplaying as Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood) for it!
- I'll be joined by some of my friends, who cosplay from Final Fantasy XV and other series in the franchise. From FFXV, I'm hoping to have 1-2 more Noctis, Prince Luna (male Luna), and Ignis join me. From other Final Fantasy games, Zack Fair will hopefully be there.
gaia_star Otafest 2017
- For early pickup, I'm being casual Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2) wearing Nijuukoo's Sora shirt design. I have the new casual Sora's outfit done. Hopefully, my Kairi will be joining me.
- For Days 1-3 of the convention, I'm being Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood) twice and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) once. Which cosplay for which day has yet to be determined. Hopefully, my Kairi will be my Prompto for one of the days when I'm Noctis.
- For Noctis, I'll be wearing his usual black outfit again and his high school outfit. For the Crossplay Pageant, I'm going to bring some feelings as Noctis (in usual black outfit). For Riku, the outfit has yet to be decided. I'm debating between Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku or female KH2 Riku right now. I have all outfits finished except for high school Noctis. I just need to find a jacket/blazer and a Ravenclaw tie for it.
gaia_star Animethon 24
- This will be my second time going to Animethon. The last time that I went was 4 years ago.
- I'm Zexion (Kingdom Hearts). I'm not sure if it's going to be casual outfit or Organization XIII coat for him though. It depends when the panel (hopefully, it gets approved) that I'm part of is. Either way, I have both outfits done. My Kairi will be Vexen for the panel.
- I'm also being Reno (Final Fantasy VII). I'll be joined by my Cloud and my Tifa.

Certain plans have changed for this year! Here's the update:
gaia_star Calgary Expo 2017 (CCEE 2017) - This comic convention has already happened, but I ended up getting a pass to go on the Friday. I was anime Noctis for it and POW! Parade Of Wonders. I also got to meet Moderately Okay Cosplay!
User Image

gaia_star Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy - I'm still being anime Noctis.
gaia_star Otafest 2017 - I'm still being casual KH2 Sora for early pickup. On the Friday, I'm being anime Noctis for the Crossplay Pageant and maybe Master Riku when I see a KH panel. I'm not part of the KH panel, but I still want to be Riku for it. On the Saturday, I'm being high school Noctis. On the Sunday, I'm being KH2 Riku.
gaia_star Animethon 24: - I'm being female KH2 Riku (Rika) for early pickup. On the Friday, I'm being casual Zexion for KH panel. If panel doesn't happen, I'm being KH2 Riku. On the Saturday, I'm being Noct Gar (fishing Noctis). On the Sunday, I'm being Reno.
gaia_star Otafest Aurora 2017 - I'm thinking of doing a FFXV panel. If panel happens, I'm being anime Noctis. If not, backup plan is still up in the air.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 am
Neko Akashi
KayaLing

My plans are as follows:
gaia_star Otafest 2017
gaia_star Animethon 24

OMG! That is awesome! I hope you will post some pics to the guild later in the year. I love Kingdom Hearts cat_whee

Sorry, for the immensely late reply. ^^;; I needed a better way to share my pictures, so I had recently joined Imgur for sharing pictures. Anyways, I can confidently say that I can now post some of my Kingdom Hearts cosplay pictures! Kingdom Hearts is also my favorite!  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm
For the record: I'd pay money to see Tuxedo Prompto cosplay.

Bonus points if someone does Sailor Cidney. xd

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 am
Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy is tomorrow night! Let's see how much sleep this sleepy prince of the night sky will actually be getting tonight! I'm way too excited for concert as well as getting pictures with other Final Fantasy cosplayers. I also wanted to point out that it will be my first time going to the concert, but it is also my third time going to a 'video game related' concert.

OnsenMark

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress. sweatdrop

Dude, so would I!

But one step further: I would totally love to see Ray Daymond, who is the English voice actor for Prompto, cosplay as Tuxedo Prompto.

DOUBLE THE BONUS POINTS: My friend, Auzzie, already has cosplayed as Prompto cosplaying as Cindy, which essentially could just be a male version of Cindy. XD The link to the picture on his Instagram.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:18 pm
KayaLing
Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy is tomorrow night! Let's see how much sleep this sleepy prince of the night sky will actually be getting tonight! I'm way too excited for concert as well as getting pictures with other Final Fantasy cosplayers. I also wanted to point out that it will be my first time going to the concert, but it is also my third time going to a 'video game related' concert.

OnsenMark

Dude, so would I!

But one step further: I would totally love to see Ray Daymond, who is the English voice actor for Prompto, cosplay as Tuxedo Prompto.

DOUBLE THE BONUS POINTS: My friend, Auzzie, already has cosplayed as Prompto cosplaying as Cindy, which essentially could just be a male version of Cindy. XD The link to the picture on his Instagram.

I have no idea what to say to that. I really don't.

Other than good job, maybe. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm
angelmage99
Convention Plans UPDATE!

RadCon- A local Sci-fi/Fantasy Con in February. Right now the plan is Sheimi from Blue Exorcist, Hanji Zoe from SNK/AOT, A Gryffindor Student, and Hungary from APH.

SakuraCon- Shiemi from Blue Exorcist, Hungary from Hetalia, Gryffindor Student, Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail

Anime Expo
- Hungary from Hetalia, Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail, Seri from K Project, and maybe a casual Rapunzel.

Kuroneko Con - What to try and swing this one, but no promises due to going to Anime Expo early in the month.

Kumori Con - Again I may go to this one, but no plans.

Central City Comic Con - If I don't go to Kumori Con.

Cosplay Plans
* Creation only, no previously made costumes.

Sheimi from Blue Exorcist - Done

Renge from OHSHC! - Have most of the fabric.

Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins - Don't know when.

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen - Have all the fabric. Serger is out of commission and waiting for it to be fixed.

Anri from Durarara!! - need to fix the jacket.

Twilight Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda - This is happening because it'll at least be my Halloween costume. Have fabric for the dress and apron so far.

Kero from CCS- May make an appearance at Kuroneko Con, in Kigurumi form.

Yamuraiha from Magi - Partly done, but no plans for an appearance this year.

Seri from K Project- Appearing at Anime Expo with my sister as Shiro.

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm
Only update on my part, no longer going to blizzcon, might do a different con instead tho.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff