azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:38 pm
Nasir's eyes widened just slightly as the shadows reached for Algie. It was enough to distract him so that Bud could easily n** a couple extra treats and also play with the hair clip that Trouble dropped.

"That's really cool," he said in an awed whisper. "Don't think I know Gloom though ... Wait, was that the little guy in the domino mask?" The shadowy creature that had been at the fairy ball with the red-head. "That's still something else because I didn't think the shadows were, um, alive?"

iloveyouDIE
teach this poor child

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:52 am
"Yes.." Alg smiled, "With the little vest and mask. As far as I can tell he's an animal who stayed here too long and simply became a part of the world but that's just a theory. I can't really confirm it.."

Nasir and Wil were possibly over their heads but Alg could only try and help and hope they didn't drown.

"Some of them, not all. They also aren't all nice.." He warned quietly, "But I like to give people and things the benefit of the doubt, right?"

azuredreams
*touches nasirs face*

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 am
"You don't think-" Nasir's brow knit together. "I mean, should I be worried about Bud? About Trouble? I know he's my familiar but ..." Would they end up changed into something? Did it happen quickly? What was too long?

He was giving Algie a warm, relieved smile a moment later. "Yes, I do too. If I was worried about everything someone could potentially do to me, I'd never get anything done or go anywhere. Even if there's magic involved."

Which meant, to him, basically be mindful of what you were doing.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:20 am
"No.." Alg said definitively, "I think we are talking about a really long time. A lifetime. Our cats are fine and Mr. Bitterberry.."

Alg's fingers moved lightly to the shadows, "And since you are a warg you can keep Trouble there a bit more controlled."

Bud was trying to abscond with the hair clip.

"Have you done any magic here Nasir?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm
He totally got to abscond with the hair clip because Nasir was more focused on Algie at the moment and so long as he was on his leash, he could not really get far. Trouble, however, was jumping off Nasir and gliding towards Algie before he turned around and basically glided back and forth between the two of them to the ground.

"Ah ... not really? I mean we've been trying but I've not done anything fully, if that makes any sense." His expression looked a little shy, a little guilty as well because the Mercers had warned them to be careful. "I've been trying to do things with hand motions? Like, um, that television show that's on Sci-Fi."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 pm
Alg watched the little squirrel and smiled. Under altered circumstances he'd like to sit and play with the pets. They preyed on his weakness for cute things rather terribly.

"The Magicians?" Alg looked back at Nasir, "All those hand motions aren't too complex for you?" He paused, "Also don't read the books if you enjoy the show. They aren't even similar."

Bookdad advice.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 pm
"Yeah, that's the one." Nasir kept an eye on Trouble who was really just going after Bud at the moment. "... and they're okay? I mean it's kind of silly but I remember them and just use them to try things? Not the same things from the show."

He chuckled a little. "I know about the books and I don't think I will because that's what I've heard too."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:07 pm
Alg looked a bit impressed, "Well if they work for you, stick to them. Just make sure you cement what each means, to connect your spell to the desire effect."

Bud and Trouble just sort of romped, a safe distance from the shadowy dumpster.

"If you'd like help any time. You or Wil, text me or Jeremiah."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 pm
"That's what I've been trying to do." Nasir scratched at a cheek, smiling slightly. "Make my own magic, you know?"

He crouched down to the ground, fingers wriggling and a noise whistled through his lips. It got Trouble's attention and, as they were playing together, also got Bud's. "I wouldn't mind help, don't think Wil would either. Though he started recently? Things started happening to me right after the ball, I think."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 am
"Nothing... has happened has it?" Algie meant bad things. Dangerous things.

"You haven't seen anything out of place here or there..?" His wagging finger implied 'both sides'.

Bud stopped, mid-hairclip eating, to look towards Nasir's whistle.

"Were you both aware of the um," What was a good way to broach the topic, "the way the world changed recently?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 pm
Nasir's fingers wiggled to get the pair to come back to him, glancing up towards Algie and shaking his head. "Nothing out of the normal, no. I mean besides the usual weird stuff that has to do with this place."

He paused a moment, carefully considering what Algie had just said before he nodded. "We ... went to sleep in November and woke up with it being December. If that's what you mean?"

iloveyouDI3

word count to here: 1243

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm
"Yes, that," Alg frowned. "You woke up and it was December and.. magic was real. REAL real."

He smiled then, "And your boss had a husband."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 pm
"Honestly, Borr having a husband was kind of a bigger deal than magic being real for the rest of the world ..." Nasir looked as if he felt foolish for saying that but it was true.

"Killian is nice and apparently I had him as a professor, so I actually met him before I met Borr!"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:07 am
Alg laughed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Yes he's a friend of mine too. Which is odd because we feel like friends even though I really just met him.."

The world worked in mysterious ways, "But Borr seems less sad now.." Not totally un-sad, Killian had that quality too, but they had both still lost Darlene. Perhaps it was simply an undeniable event.

Bud had sniffed towards the shadows again, they'd reached for him and the ferret had made a face and leapt backwards with a tumble. It was actually cute and made the professor laugh a bit.

"Can you get back on your own?" Perhaps Nasir had a power for that.
azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 am
"Borr is happier but Killian and him share the sadness." Nasir was quiet. "I think that's better for them both. Darlene was something special." Yet she was still gone so perhaps that was the way of things.

Letting out a laugh himself, Nasir tugged Bud's leash to get him closer. It meant that he ended up with a ferret and a flying squirrel on his person (both jostling over each other for good shoulder space).

"... um ..." he was adjusting his glasses a little bit and then shaking his head. "I kind of ... have to wander until I find a way back, to be honest. Just look for something more unusual than normal and that usually gets me back over." Usually.

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces