Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] pretty things for pretty people (alexis & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:14 am
Alexis had taste! They had class! -- Well, whatever they had, they were classy enough with it to not push any further when Nasir turned a little pink at their comments. Especially since they'd been so pink themselves only a moment prior.

"I mean, that's the goal, right? I don't get why people get clothes they can't move in anyways."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 pm
"... 'cause they're being ridiculous? Pretty sure you can look good and have mobility. Otherwise, what's the point? Why put yourself through the pain of having to like ... waddle around because a skirt is too tight on your legs." Nasir absolutely meant it too because he really, really did not understand that kind of thing.

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:18 pm
"Fashion," Alexis wondered, sounding legitimately confused, "is somethin' I'll never get. Uniforms, too. Y'can never move right in uniforms, and everyone's gone through years of school uniforms, right? Pleats kinda work, though, I like pleats." It was true; they did like pleated skirts, although there were none in their wardrobe. (Maybe one, but it was clearly not intended for the purposes of daily wear.) "But nice ones're always expensive..."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm
"Mm, well maybe we should get you something pleated? Think one of the places we were looking at should have some ..." Speaking of, as they approached one of the clothing boutiques there was a collection of pleated skirts of various styles and colors.

"I think I went through, uh, more than six school uniforms? Just because we always moved around. Never stuck around longer than a year in most places." Nasir shook his head. Ashdown was the place where he had finally decided to settle and not move around so much. He was happier for it, even if things were weird.

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 pm
"If y'think they look any good on me," Alexis admitted hesitantly, their eyes lingering on something red and plaid. "I dunno. 's been a while since I wore anything other than this kind of thing, n' I haven't had a school uniform since I was twelve...so that was a while ago, obviously." They leaned into Nasir's side.

"'Sides, that was all khaki. Khaki ain't meant to be anythin' but a uniform color n' fabric."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:58 pm
"Worse when people try to argue khaki as green and not brown." Nasir paused. "Or is that brown and not green. I don't know- I try to keep it out of my wardrobe as much as possible." There was a small laugh and he rolled his eyes a bit, tugging Alexis over to look at some of the skirts that were on display.

Leggings were nearby too.

"I think we can find you something good in here. There's some good greens in here ..."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:42 pm
"...I like that one," Alexis said hesitantly, reaching their hand out to brush the fabric of a skirt with a scale pattern, whorled blues and greens. "But with that kinda fabric, it's gonna be more pricy...so maybe we can come back later?" They ran a hesitant finger through their hair, twisting their bangs around it into some semblance of ringlets, their lips tight in the way that meant they would have bitten them raw before their teeth had changed.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:51 pm
"Alexis," Nasir said softly, but sternly, "this is my treat. So don't worry, alright?" He nudged them lightly with his shoulder before he simply turned and pressed a kiss to their hair. Reassuring as always.

"Grab it, we'll keep looking around this place for more things to go with it. If we can make an outfit, we'll get it- if we can't, we'll put it back, alright?"

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:23 pm
Alexis didn't flush, this time, but the way they ducked their face away conveyed just about the same sort of emotion. "I know, but -- you're not made of money. I don't want to make y'have to worry or put anything back." It was clear it genuinely bothered them, the flat knowledge of not having enough -- the first few times they'd met Nasir, even when it'd been their fetch once or twice, their emotions had been harder to read. Not anymore; now they wore their heart on their sleeve around him.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:27 pm
"It'll be fine," Nasir said quietly, "I've been saving a small fortune because of my magic when it comes to groceries. So ... let me spoil you this once and I'll behave the rest of the year?" Yes, their feelings were there but so were Nasir's.

Things were not always great for Alexis, sometimes they were quite bad, and there was stuff that was never talked about but it was still there. They needed something shiny every now and then, it never hurt.

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 am
"Fine," Alexis muttered, but their relief was palpable. "If you're saving 'cause'f yer magic, that's fine, I always forget about that." To be fair, half the time Alexis bypassed the politeness of requests and ate the first thing they grabbed; they were resilient, but they did make quite the tastetester, if only because of how damn careful they had to be while eating. They had to savor the flavor. If they didn't, they could bite their own tongue half off.

They grabbed the skirt slowly, carefully, like it would burn their fingers.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm
Nasir was smiling, brushing a strand of Alexis's hair back and behind an ear before he let his hand drop. "Let's find a top to go with it? Also see if there's something cute in here for me too ..."

The young cook had actually started to adapt at least a few of his recipes to Alexis, if only because of the fact their teeth were so radically different.

He was pulled towards more earthy tones (and sometimes pinks) as he dragged the tip of a finger along the clothing on the rack. How fabric felt was also important, alright?

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 am
"Sleeves," Alexis scolded, "but I guess tees are fine too, if I've got a jacket." It was still a source of shame, of annoyance, that even when they wanted to they couldn't bring themself to bare their arms unless it was endlessly hot - or they were in their element, in other ashdown, where they felt most comfortable. Nobody commented on their arms, if they were wrapped in water, protected by it. It was safer.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:21 pm
"Three-quarter or full sleeves?" Nasir was looking at something that had puffy sleeves that might have gone well with what Alexis already had in hand. Though he understood why they preferred sleeves and only rarely, sometimes around the house, saw them without.

"There's this cute vest over there ..." It was cute.

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm
It was a difficult question, and they hated that it was, because it should have been so easy to say what kinds of shirts they preferred but it was a whole fiasco in their head -- "three-quarter," Alexis decided, quietly. "Easier to layer." Maybe it was the truth, maybe it wasn't, maybe it was half-a-truth; it made them feel better if they coached it in a level of lies.

"You'd look better in a vest than I would."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas