Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:24 pm
"I think teaching it of sigils will provide you the greatest number of options," said Renard. "Speak to the Prideful One. He was a student of mine, once, and will be able to help you. As for how to teach it..."

Renard frowned at his own ice cream, which he'd clearly been eating despite Jamie not actually catching him at it. "I would set the schema on the things that possessed the qualities I needed it to learn," he said. "For me, I was teaching it the symptoms of AIDS, the ways it killed. So I would lend it to my friends who had agreed to help me, I would leave it with the corpses as they cooled. For a sigil... Simply setting it nearby as the sigil worked should function to teach it what to do."

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:47 pm
"I-I see..." Jamie muttered, notably saddened. If he was still among the ruins of Blackfriars, Jamie knew where to find Pride, at least. That was a step in the right direction, he supposed, as long as he never found himself in a situation where he'd have to leave the schema with anyone's cooling corpse. It was morbid but also undeniably upsetting. Renard had watched a lot of his friends die even before the cycles became an issue, that much was obvious.

Then again, if he was trying to help Shiloh help Melany, he could only assume he'd continue to see his fair share of upsetting things.

"I'll talk to the Prideful One," he agreed, "And, um, if I could find someone who was good at making sigils, would that help, too?" Renard had already said everyone had the potential but surely some people were more practiced than others.

"About the sigil that was created in the void, though... is there any way for it to study that or... is it impossible?"

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 pm
"You would have to speak to Sunday," said Renard. "Or... If you give me a week or so, I might be able to reverse-engineer a method to access the void again." He looked down to Jamie. "It isn't nearly as hopeless as it seems," he said. "You've plenty of time and space to work this out. The schema being prepared to accept the input is helpful, as well."

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 pm
If nothing else, Jamie would try to take that to heart. There was pushing on or there was laying down and giving up; except, well, the later wasn't an option. To hear it wasn't hopeless, whether that was an empty attempt at comfort or not, was still nice.

"How can I speak to Sunday?" he asked, "Do you know a way? I've got no clue how to find her." There was no reason to neglect any avenue for his research. The more options, the better he'd probably be in the long run. "I'm, um, I'm open to anything, though. If you could find a way back into the void..."

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:18 pm
"Sunday is the library, insofar as I understand it," said Renard. "I am not saying 'go to the otherworld and shout at the library door,' but I am also... not saying that's a terrible idea."

He was completely telling Jamie to go yell at a door in the otherworld.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 am
"Sunday is the library?" Jamie repeated like he couldn't quite believe what he was hearing. Then again, was this really all that strange? Yeah, no, never mind. "I'll, um, I'll give it a try, then. It's better than standing around doing nothing..."

Renard may not have been telling him without a doubt to yell at a door in the Otherworld, but that's definitely how Jamie took it.

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 pm
"Mhmm," said Renard. "In a similar way as the principals of the sigil are the cage and Ascencion is magic."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:29 pm
"Oh," he said, then quickly took a bite of ice cream It was down to the cone at this point and there was a contemplative look in his eye as he chewed. "I guess that makes sense." It only sort of made sense, but that was okay. Jamie could understand it well enough.

"Um..." he shifted from foot to foot as he walked, "Thanks for the help." Again. Renard always seemed to show up when Jamie needed guidance. "I... I promise I'll think about what you said. Y'know, the whole destroying the sigil thing."

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 pm
"That's all I can ask," said Renard. "Feel free to reach out should you require any help."

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:01 pm
"Yeah... I will," Jamie agreed with a small smile, finally stopping to take a seat on a bench. It was empty and far removed from the usual gathering spots at the park. Nice and quiet. It would give Jamie time to think.

If Renard wanted to join him for a sit, the invitation was silent but there. If he had things to do, well, Jamie wouldn't keep him.

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:54 pm
Renard seemed ready to depart, but after a moment's hesitation and a look at his watch, he sat down next to Jamie in companionable silence.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:00 pm
That made Jamie's smile grow just a touch. It's not like he really knew Renard, nor did Renard know him entirely as he was now, but the acceptance to his unspoken invitation made Jamie feel as if things were going to be okay. Someway, somehow. Naive, sure, but this was Jamie Delacroix.

Leaning back against the bench, he quietly finished his ice cream.

shibrogane
we can end here with a nice quiet ftb unless you wanna do more!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas