azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:45 pm
"Oh, so he's with APD? Suppose he had that kind of air about him." Aodh took a step forward, falling into what was a familiar pattern for his body, and threw a punch. It was a quick jab followed by another.

"Not sure I would be any good for the kind of fighting he probably does. I mean, you and your husband box really well." That was probably a little bit a news, at least. Jeremiah was more a scrapper than anything else. "... and I know some other fighting styles but on the basics."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm
"Yes.. a bit close to Jer and myself I suppose," If he had to admit it. Shun was rather attentive when they needed him and always willing to meet to talk or do something.

Alg may not have realized but while his counterpart in this universe had been more magically adept and perhaps more active at the gym, this Alg's years of being a lump made him a bit more solid once he'd shaped up. To most it looked an extra pound or two maybe but he was actually a bit more strong while his other self may have been a bit lighter on his feet.

"It may be worth a try though, a spar," Alg recieved the punches well, "I fought him. He's fast and of course kicks.." Kicking was not his strong point, "But I don't think he's used to fighting someone bigger or stronger. Someone who can take the hits without having to be quick."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:10 pm
Thankfully if Aodh thought Algie looked not in the same shape as he had been, he said nothing. Mostly because the older man was still just as able to handle one of his punches as before.

The blonde laughed, eyes crinkling at the edges. "I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not but I'm certain it means that he wouldn't know how to deal with me." Since Algie was right: Aodh knew how to take hits and move through them.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:43 pm
"Not sure he's got much of a ground game either.." Not that Aodh was a wrestler. Alg wasn't either but he and Jeremiah ended up tussling enough that he'd learned some tricks.

Alg continued to move with the boxer though he soon began bobbing and moving to give Aodh more to hit.

He then began to wonder if Aodh would make him something a bit more useful. Maybe some knuckles..

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm
Aodh bit his tongue but chuckled a little bit about ground game. Mostly because wrestling did come to mind (so did some MMA) but then he was also thinking about Jaro's commentary about ground game in the back of his mind.

"I don't want to get rusty," Aodh admitted, moving easily with Algie's bob and weave. "... but only because I like it. I'm actually enjoying making things more which," he snorted, "is a little unexpected considering how much I griped about it."

iloveyouDIE
well algie, if you want some knuckles, you might want to ask ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 am
"I may actually want you to make me something else.." He glanced up away from Aodh's fists a moment, "A pair of somethings."

The more the practicing went on the more it felt natural to do so. These sorts of things bothered him on a base level, to feel familiar in the steps of someone else, but at the same time it was him. It was hard to wrap his mind around.

"Some knuckles. I think brass is the standard but I trust you to come up with something-" He didn't know the right way to say it, "-for me."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm
Aodh's punches slowed until he had stopped and watched Algie a little closer for a moment. It was just- it was another odd thing somehow. He pushed it aside before he started back up again, shoulders rolling and bouncing back and forth on his feet.

"Brass knuckles are a bit better than putting a roll of quarters in a closed fist." A joke; a terrible joke. "... any particular reason for them?" His grey eyes glanced away from Algie's blocking hands and to his face. "Also a style? Though I already can think of a couple things that would suit you."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am
Alg tilted his head with a smirk over the rol of quarters comment but then just shook it and continued on.

"I trust you. Just hopefully nothing offensive engraved in the knuckle parts.." He chuckled. As much as he'd love that, really, but definitely a bit too extra.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 pm
"I'll keep Jaro away then," Aodh said with a chuckle himself. "As he's more likely to try and do something like that." It would likely be outlandish or ridiculous like a d**k shape.

Then you could punch someone's forehead and they would legitimately be a dickhead if an imprint was left.

"What makes you want to get actual knuckles?" he asked. It was somewhat serious to want something like brass knuckles.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 am
"Self defense.." Alg said simply. "Unless you think I should get a gun?" He looked at Aodh with a bit of amusement.

"And they can fit in my pockets." Besides well made knuckles would spare his hands and after his time as a tithe he would like to do that, "I'll be no good writing with smashed up knuckles."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 pm
Aodh made a face at the mention of a gun. "I have a hard enough time imagining your husband with a gun despite the fact he is with the force." Which was true as Jeremiah was the kind of man who never drew his gun unless absolutely necessary.

"... but that's understandable," he replied. "I mean, it's not that different than when I decided I didn't want to get my clock cleaned anymore." Except it was hands for writing this time. "Though you have to promise me you're not starting up some kind of fight club." Another chuckle escaped.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 am
"I'm pretty good with a shotgun actually.." Alg informed, "You have to learn to shoot when your parents hang out with the upper crust.." He'd been on some hunts and his father liked skeet. Though fishing was always his real passion.

"I will never promise I'm not starting a fight club.." Alg chuckled coyly, still moving for Aodh's punches, "I will promise to invite you if I do though." Wink.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 pm
"Oh, right." Aodh remembered the stories about town about Jeremiah Mercer and how he was a runaway heir. Or, at least, that was one of the stories that still got told. It was romantic and totally a storyline they had filched for the Law and Order show that was based on Ashdown. "Still can't really wrap my brain around that sometimes but ..."

He shook his head and laughed. A hard jab connected with the pad and he fell back with a huff. "The husband of the Chief of Police, talking about a fight club ... Tsk, tsk ..." His grey eyes were bright with obvious teasing and amusement. "That'd be a different sort of get together you two throw."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am
Alg chuckled, "You're American.." Which after a pause, "I don't mean that as anything. You just don't have centuries of ingrained aristocracy here." Even though the concept was socially outdated to most, it didn't erase it from countries where it once meant everything and the higher classes still were priveledged. At home you could still, very literally, be born into a position that would put you in a ruling class.

"I assure you that our fight club would still be a classy affair and fully catered. Don't doubt the Mercers." After a few more hits, Alg fell back.

"Switch it up?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 pm
Aodh laughed again and nodded. "With those little sandwiches your husband makes and probably the fanciest of drinks."

He fell back with a nod and stopped, going for his water bottle.

"The only thing ingrained with my family was generations of silversmithing," he chuckled, gesturing for the pads from Algie after a moment. "So we only made things for the aristocracy, if anything."

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces