azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:03 pm
"Well it's like ... harder but easier if you learn it?" Nasir followed where Horace pointed and moved towards the bench. "Like it's spontaneous for you and me but then that's it's own sort of problems? We don't have active control over it whereas ... someone who learns to become a warg takes it at their own pace."

He sat down on the bench, smiling a little at Horace and nudging his glasses up. "I'm sure you'll do great. I mean, I worry about the same thing sometimes but Trouble's happy so that's all I care about."

Except there was an chirp from Trouble who then yawned. Why wake? Warm place. Sleep time. Nasir chuckled. "Except when I wake him up."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:33 pm
"I don't know that I would have chosen it. It would feel silly to just go up to an animal and say 'hey you'." Horace sat next to, but not touching Nasir.

"Yeah, Nugget sleeps a lot, too, though I can't really tell what he's thinking."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:34 pm
"Yeah, same." Nasir shook his head, fiddling with a hair clip and then putting it back into his hair a second later. "Nocturnal animals like to sleep a lot during the day, so it's not really surprising ... I mean, you're probably going to more likely to catch moments of spontaneous warging at night."

His fingers were brushing along Trouble's fur, the squirrel still chittering though it was more of a sleepy grumble kind that did not - so far as Nasir could tell - really have words to go with it. It was just cute grumbles.

"When I connect with Trouble, I just ... Well, I start with closing my eyes." Which he did. "Then I focus on that feeling that I felt that first time he pulled me along and find the door that it leads to ..." This sounded so weird to explain but it's what he did.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm
He watched Nasir intently, as if by doing that, he could perform some kind of touchless osmosis to understand things better. "And then you just... open the door?"

Horace placed Nugget back in his hand, the bat yawning widely at the jostling movement. Holding the bat up to his face, he whispered. "Gonna do this, okay?" Then he closed his eyes.

And they immediately popped back open. He forced them closed again.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:44 pm
"Yeah, I just open it and-" Except there was no response after that because Nasir did open the door. Trouble was blinking and suddenly seemed more alert than he had been previously. The flying squirrel chittered, tail flicking and stretching before he jumped onto Horace's shoulder.

Where he leaned to sniff at Nugget. Brown eyes, the very same as Nasir's, peered up at Horace. They looked at him as if say 'well, are you going to?'

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:54 pm
Horace glanced over and Nasir was gone, sort of. Trouble was lively and, well, if was sort of Nasir, too. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He remembered the weird pull, the tether between him and Nugget and he followed it, pulling himself along it hand by hand as though it were a rope.

Then, if felt like he was falling, almost, and he blinked. Nugget blinked. He gave the tiniest bat screech and flapped awkwardly off Horace's still hand. Then he was soaring. It almost turned Horace's stomach - or it might of, if he could feel it anymore. Nugget's eyesight was good; the old adage of being as blind as a bat wasn't quite true. What was true was that they had sight comparable to humans in most lights, and echolocation in the darkest bits.

It wasn't dark enough for that, but Nugget did so anyway, sending things into too sharp relief. It was hard to describe, it was like feeling where everything was. Like how he could know he was close to wall even when all the lights were out. It was... he jerked out the bond abruptly, the connection ended because he had focused too hard on putting things into humans terms.

With a groan, he tilted his head back as Nugget did a loop in the sky above him. "That's... not easy. Ugh."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:59 pm
Trouble was off the moment Nugget moved. To a tree and it's branches and trying to go higher to chase the bat. Though once Horace was speaking again, Nasir's own came back to himself - letting Trouble continue his chase for the time being (flying! like me! he could make out).

"It isn't, no. Not in the beginning, but you'll get the hang of it. Kind of overwhelming because their senses don't work like ours and they see the world differently. Trouble's always on alert for noises and," there was a deliberate pause, "tree fruit." The way he said it implied, of course, that was being repeated.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:06 pm
"The whole-" he waved his hand. "-echolocation thing is throwing me. I think it's cool that you and Trouble can communicate like that." Horace watched Nugget dip around the sky, clearing playing a game with Trouble.

"Tree fruit - like... apples?" It sounded like a weird thing to look for.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:10 pm
"Yeah, I could understand that being ... really difficult. Wil says he's having trouble because ... well, Bud's a ferret and getting him to focus is really not easy." Nasir shook his head with amusement before he snorted.

"You know I thought apples too but when I offered him one he just said that was a sweet?" A chuckle. "Tree fruit is apparently nuts."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 pm
"O-oh. Nuts, right. I mean, I guess that makes sense! Nugget eats bugs, I think. I don't particularly want to connect to him while he's doing it, though." Horace yawned widely.

"Well, at least Wil has you. Nugget seems really chill; if I had a more energetic animal I think I'd be even more tired..."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 pm
"I haven't actually, um, warged with Trouble while eating but I've listened to him enough lately? It's just ... weird the way things translate for him." Nasir gave Horace a lopsided smile.

"I wonder about that other bit too ... Wil is always sleepy too. Ferrets are pretty active, so I wonder if that's going to affect how much he sleeps? I mean, I use to have to make sure he was not sleeping during classes when we were both at Rider-Waite together."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 pm
Horace returned the smile; it was hard not to. "Maybe Wil and his ferret will balance each other out? The ferret gets sleepier and Wil gets less so." He frowned. "You know, I think I met Wil once... I met a blond guy sleeping in the park. He almost got rained on."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:37 pm
"... that's Wil," Nasir laughed again. "Also how most meet him- it's even how I met him. You probably caught him either just sleeping or working on an art installation or ... just being himself. He's usually working on some art project, though."

His eyes closed again for a moment, an inhale and exhale as he let himself get carried away with Trouble once more before he was shaking his head and back. "Think Trouble's trying to catch Nugget. Not that ... he really can fly like that."

The 5emblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 pm
"Maybe he is the art installation," Horace joked. If Wil slept in one place for too long, he'd probably moss over. Nasir was easy to be comfortable around; it was nice.

He eyed the two animals. "I think Nugget is egging him on. Goofball. Does he just kind of flap about?" Horace was kind of full of questions and, well, Nasir was full of answers. It was like peanut butter and jelly. He leaned further back on the bench.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 pm
"... he did that once, actually," Nasir snorted. "He's gotten all his permits and the like filled out too so that he could do stuff like that and not get messed with by the police." That fond smile was on his face again before he was chuckling about the animals.

"Oh, no, he just glides!" The phone was brought back out and the videos were about to happen. There was no hope. They were going to be at this a while but at least Horace was good company, easy to be around, and an all around amazing friend.

The Semblance of Unity
a wrap!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas