Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 am
"God, I don't have too many eyes, do I?" Leila asked, half joking but half worried at how that would look. "Or maybe I don't wanna know."

Chickens had exceptionally good vision, so the poor image was immediately distressing, Aleksy's further comments nonwithstanding. "That sounds really encouraging, Lex," she said, as she tried to adjust to and make sense of the world through Biscuit's eyes. "Does it at least go in a direction?"

ashdown whaler
shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:18 pm
The connection was unstable and whatever she was seeing through Biscuit's eyes was dark and distorted. Something was blocking the hen from seeing.

Yet Biscuit's right eye kept trying to focus on something (and her left eye was unable to determine much of anything at all through the dark).

shibrogane

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm
Aleksy squinted, not that Leila could see that. "This way?" He started towards the... other end of the connection, he supposed. "You asked for help, not for comfortable lies," he pointed out.

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:29 am
"You got me there," Leila admitted with an amused little huff. She blinked out of the trance for a second to see which way he was walking. "And you're also giving me more to work with than I had, so I already owe you." That was true: she had a general direction to work with now.

"I think it's dark wherever Biscuit is, but she has her attention on something. Gimme another minute."

The right eye was for seeing things close up, so whatever her hen was looking at, it was probably small: that meant it could be Friend. Leila kept all these details in mind as she focused again.

ashdown whaler
shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:30 pm
It turned out that the eye could not accurately focus, not even close up, because whatever it was kept crawling over the eye and Biscuit would blink.

It also was not alone. Leila would have the feeling that Biscuit was covered it whatever the thing crawling over the eye was.

shibrogane

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm
Aleksy stopped and turned to Leila, clearly waiting.

cibarium
Ashdown Whaler
thanks for describing fourth grade me's night terrors

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:35 pm
"Jesus Christ."

Crawling things were well within Leila's element, but... getting the impression they were crawling all over her bird was a different matter. She swore and recoiled, shaking her head and shoulders like someone had just poured ice water on her, and opened her eyes to look at Aleksy again. "She's either with the Multitude or with another insect colony of some kind." Yes, she was open to the possibility there was more than one. "I don't know what's going on with her. It's probably best to keep moving in the direction you saw."

She set off, pinging < Are you there? > in an attempt to reach Friend every minute or so.

ashdown waler
shibrgane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 pm
The connection was there, disrupted in a similar but different way than Biscuit's, but no response was given.

Silence.

cibarium

shibrogane
q ___ q sorry!

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Aleksy figured his participation was unlikely to be actively required for a while, but he was the one who had the directions so to speak, so he led the way. The whole thing was vaguely icky, but he had given his word, so there he was. Stuck following scary diseased brain bonds.

Worse things had happened. He was fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm
Nothing but a different kind of static.

"Right..." Leila turned to Aleksy again. "I can take it from here, I think. Otherwise I'll end up dragging you along for a whole adventure, and that wasn't the plan. Mind letting Eve know I'll be out a little late?"

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm
"Yes," said Aleksy, trying not to look terribly relieved but actually being, like, super relieved, obviously. He said, "I hope you find your chicken."

Then he ******** bailed because god damn, some things were not meant to be seen by human eyes.

cibarium
i will start aleksy and eve

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas