Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 am
Vivien grinned at him. "Glad to be of service, then," she said.

When it came to his question, she only had a shrug. "Realistically speaking I'm a collection of impulses driven by the desire to see Liam again and make sure he knows I didn't kill myself to spite him, or because I didn't love him," she said. "My reactions to things are limited by that, and by the things I programmed into my persistence between cycles. But yes, speaking honestly, I'm aware of things happening outside my little corner of the space-time continuum. I know what's going on, mostly.

"I think you have time to make something amazing if you put your mind to it. Like Prometheus, but hopefully with substantially fewer eagles."

She paused at that, and then smiled. It was somehow less self-deprecating than a grin, which was how the difference could be determined. "Your greatest gift, I think, is that you don't stand to suffer if the document of the Court is rewritten," she said. "Your place in the otherworld is secure. You can pursue any angle you please, and it'll all be stored safely in the library and the Archive, like I am, to be found by those who care to look."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:24 pm
He wanted to take notes, but as soon as he'd had the thought, Chester deemed it kind of rude no matter how fascinating this all was.

A computer scientist in love with a bird-eater. Programming a persistence between cycles. Making something amazing. Yes, he would. But the promise that his work would be stored, that he himself might be... it wasn't as ideal as keeping his consciousness, but it was something.

"If I cared to look, could I find the library?" Again? He was fairly certain that they had met Sunday in the library, but that had been an unplanned emergency. "Is there a way to see cycles that aren't falling apart? Or maybe just books about them? For research purposes."

shibr0gane

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm
"Of course," said Vivien. "It helps to have a goal in mind. But the answer to both of your questions is yes, and the best way to solve the latter is to attend to the former."

In case this was obtuse, she clarified: "Go to the library. Not Blackfriar's. The main library branch for the City of Ashdown."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 am
This didn't seem outside the realm of possibility. He liked goals.

"On the mundane side or the other one?"

shibrogane

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm
Vivien said, "If the library wants to help you out, either will do. But I've got an in with the librarian, so I'll tell her you're coming." She smiled. "Does that sound alright?"

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 am
"Yes. This is more than I could have imagined would come from walking into a gallery. Thank you."

shibrogane

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 pm
"Always glad to help," said Vivien. "If you need anything else, I'm around."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm
He hesitated, wondering if he should offer her something in return. Chocolates or coffee or more in depth conversation, perhaps. And how exactly would he find her if he needed anything else? Much like whipping out a notebook in the middle of her relaying important information, everything he thought to ask or do had a tinge of rudeness to it, like she was a spectacle he had come to study rather than a person.

Chester stood and gathered his things in silence instead, swallowing before he nodded. "I'll find you again if I can. It really was wonderful to speak to you."

He smiled somewhat awkwardly, faced the way he had come, and slowly crunched away, hoping he'd be spit out where he started.

shibrogane

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 pm
Vivien called after him, "Keep an eye out for sparkly gallery doors! I'm usually behind one of those."

Then, as Chester stepped out the door, he found himself right back outside the gallery he'd entered.

Smerdle

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces