azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm
Another spider crawled up along his leg and he plucked it up. It was a wispy thing, barely even there, and it was promptly popped into his mouth. There was no crunching noise, though his jaw moved and he swallowed.

All his eyes slid shut before they, pair by pair, opened back up to look at Temperance. "These little ones carry it to me. They are but an extension." Which meant that if she wanted to be shown, she would have to do what he just did and eat it.

The Semblance of Unity
should she eat it, it is not at all crunchy and basically dissipates in her mouth. kind of like cotton candy, in fact, but with no flavor.

... and then she'll get to see things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:01 pm
Temperance startled as the healer ate the spider. She supposed it made sense, like little letter envelopes.... full of pain or something. She looked down at the spider on her palm. It was light and not quite what it seemed.

Holding it close to her face, she whisper: "Sorry, little one." Then she swallowed it without chewing. Or tried to - it seemed to almost disintegrate.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:44 am
As it dispersed on her tongue, as if it never existed, Temperance was treated to a flash of images. It was the previous Healer, both beautiful and sad with her form cracked and falling apart, speaking with Autumn Smith.

Her hand, one of many, was being held as she began to crumble away underneath the weight of all that she had taken in. Georg was there, one of the small wispy spiders, and he had come forward.

He sunk into what was left of the previous Healer to take her place. She had called to him though he did not really have a consciousness until the moment he started to grow.

The Semblance of Unity
temperance can have knowledge of this RP from the post linked onward. it'll be a vague knowledge, understanding of it, but she'll have it.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:03 pm
Temperance recognized Autumn. She paused for a moment after the images stopped. "I'm glad she... wasn't alone." It hurt to watch the old healer crumble away, the weight of pain cracking her skin. And still Georg had slid into her place.

"There are a... a lot of you - is a distribution of pain unfeasible? Not necessarily to lengthen life, but to ease the weight..."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 pm
"I will live for a long time and the pain will not be a burden until my end comes." Which was what he was trying to show her. There were no cracks upon him, nothing that showed he was otherwise injured. By his nature and his design, he was perfect for what the Healer did.

"Little ones can hold for a little while but not forever but I think ..." He looked thoughtful. "To heal is to take away the pain. You remove the injury, the cause of the pain, and then what I do is no longer as necessary." The spiders had fixated on people with chronic injuries or those who were overwhelmed. "To that end, you can help. If I am not needed, then it is better."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 am
"We're like two halves of the same coin," she said, a little wonderingly. Then she flushed. "Sorry, that's, um, presumptuous of me. I can only do little things, really, but if anything I do helps you or helps those hurt, then it's good." But not good enough. The thought always beat in the back of her head; the pounding of her pulse whispered it.

"I promise I'll get better. I'll make less pain come to you. Even thought I.. I don't know how, right now."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm
"You are coming into your power," he told her kindly, head inclined. Temperance would have the distinct feeling of fondness. "Right now you are transitioning and when the time comes you will be formidable. I can guide you, share with my knowledge."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am
Temperance flushed. "I.. I would like that very much, if you have time. There's so much still that I don't know." Her fingers swept idly over the fabric.

"Thank you for coming here, too. Are you... in the hospital?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 pm
"You will learn," Georg said, seemingly with absolute faith. "Yes, the hospital is where I reside." A breath was let out, his entire form shuddering briefly before he spoke again.

"It is-" his speech returned back to it's previous pattern, as if it was something he was still learning, "my place and- where I can best- help."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:27 pm
Temperance wasn't sure how to feel about Georg's apparent confidence in her. Finally, she settled on pleased, although it made her nervous as well.

"Is it alright if I visit you sometimes - if you're not too busy?" Then she paused. "I.. I guess I would have to, since you rarely come out. I want to watch you heal sometime, it see how you do it." She could stab herself with a knife, but that would just make extra, unnecessary work for him.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 pm
"You are wel- come to visit." Georg bowed his head slightly. "I will guide- you and show you- what it is that I do. I am here right now- Is there anything that- you would want to know?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:20 am
"Can you... can you tell me about otherbeing's anatomy? Or if you have any tips to heal them better or make sure they aren't in pain while in my care?" Her voice was earnest and she leaned forward slightly. Temperance didn't expect him to suddenly imbue her with extra magic - not everything was possible, after all - but she hoped to at least absorb some of his knowledge.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:31 pm
"It is hard- to describe- what makes a being. What makes me- is far different- than what makes the Friendly One." Georg shook his head, a hand held out for Temperance to take. "I can show you- a way to help? To learn about them."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm
"I... I figured you all would be too different." But then Georg was holding out one of his hands and, after a moment, she reached forward as well.

"Please, I would like that."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm
"Focus," Georg told her, "and reach for me- reach for what I am. Feel for it." His hand was vaguely warm in hers, the skin smooth.

"Tell me when- you feel something."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas