Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm
Ezra pressed Jamie's thumb into the paper, that searing and awful pain tearing through Jamie as he did. And when Ezra lifted his hand away, Jamie's thumbprint was gone, burned into the paper in his own blood. "Thank you, dear boy," said Ezra, vanishing the paper. "Simply send me an email when you wish to have the schema take a look at it. And I think--this never needs to leave the two of us, does it? No, I don't imagine so."

saedusk
EZRA'S AUDACITY
Jamie cannot reveal just what passed between him and Ezra in this thread, or that Ezra intends to approach others. Should he try, his left hand will begin to burn again; the pain will be such that he will be unable to speak for the duration. However, in return for this, Jamie has gained a boon. Choose one of these three below:
1. Hydrophonia - Jamie can use bodies of water as, essentially, voice recorders, storing his voice in them for an unlimited amount of time. This can be useful for leaving messages. It also prevents anyone else from using the water his voice is held in for any other magical purpose.
2. Heraldic Clairvoyance - Jamie can sense nobles and their powers, as well as if they have a current tithe. To him, nobles have a specific visual aura, which varies between nobles.
3. Papers, Please - Jamie can detect secondary presences and mental effects inside other people around him, such as Melany and the Spinel Lady. Any geas-like spell is also detectable, such as Jeremiah's truth-teller geas or the noble geas. This registers to him as seeing a ghostly overlay of the other person or caster's face over the presented body. This power takes effect immediately. Quote shibrogane should you wish to use it in a thread.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:22 pm
If he hadn't bit his lip just in time, Jamie would've shouted because of the pain. Even the thrum of the diner wouldn't have covered it up entirely. It hurt, though, and he knew his lip was gonna be swollen after this. At least he hadn't chomped down on his lip ring.

"Fine... no, it doesn't," he hissed in agreement even if he didn't necessarily mean it. How was Jamie supposed to know he'd get a nasty surprise if he tried to share? "And I'll... email you later." As much as he didn't want to deal with Ezra again, not after this, he wanted the information he could offer the schema. He couldn't let this unfortunate meeting go to waste, after all.

He looked at his thumb, pink and smooth, and sighed.

shibrogane
Jamie's gonna take Hydrophonia!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 pm
"See that you do," said Ezra. "I'd hate for you to have done this and not get your due consideration."

He put a twenty down on the table for the bill and then excused himself, that heavy canvas bag hanging off his shoulder.

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 pm
Jamie didn't say anything after that and Ezra was gone before it even mattered. A while after that he sat, considering his life and everything up to this point. He refused anything else from the server and sipped tiny gulps of his tea and contemplated. He felt like crying, but surprisingly didn't.

There were a lot of things on his mind before this and even more on his mind now. Shiloh—he needed to talk to Shiloh.

Jamie left Ezra's twenty on the table for the bill and the tip even though it was more than enough, gathered his fish bag, and left.

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out