Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Hangout With Vice Captain Kaya! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

By the way, I like your current avi. Is it based on that magical girl skin from League of Legends by any chance?

No. It's from a runaway. I think the theme was galaxy or stars or something like that.

Ah, okay. sweatdrop I still think your avi is pretty awesome though! ^_^

Thanks, I didn't think I looked like a cosplay. The accidental cospalying avie right here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

By the way, I like your current avi. Is it based on that magical girl skin from League of Legends by any chance?

No. It's from a runaway. I think the theme was galaxy or stars or something like that.

Thanks, I didn't think I looked like a cosplay. The accidental cospalying avie right here.

You're welcome! ^_^

Speaking of accidental cosplays, I know of a YouTuber that went to a convention and some people thought they were from a yaoi series from the way that they were dressed. owo My point is that you're not the only one who has accidentally cosplayed as something. XD

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:19 pm
KayaLing
OnsenMark
Still need to continue planning for Otakon... sweatdrop

I feel you. D:

I'm still not 100% ready for Otafest and Animethon. I still need to go thrift shopping for another suit jacket for Reno and teen Noctis. Before Animethon, I also have to start making my fishing rod (I only got the lure done for it) for Noct Gar and due to my Cloud having a weapon, I also feel the need to make Reno's weapon. @__@

I have no plans to cosplay this time around, so that's something...

But I still need to procure crash space, get my bus tickets, and get the rest of the food I'll need(of course, I also have to plan breakfasts and lunches, at a minimum, lol). I think I can get it all done before the con, though. emotion_awesome )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 pm
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

I feel you. D:

I'm still not 100% ready for Otafest and Animethon. I still need to go thrift shopping for another suit jacket for Reno and teen Noctis. Before Animethon, I also have to start making my fishing rod (I only got the lure done for it) for Noct Gar and due to my Cloud having a weapon, I also feel the need to make Reno's weapon. @__@

But I still need to procure crash space, get my bus tickets, and get the rest of the food I'll need(of course, I also have to plan breakfasts and lunches, at a minimum, lol). I think I can get it all done before the con, though. emotion_awesome )

Yeah, I suppose that reduces planning for a con when you don't have to worry about cosplaying for it.

You should probably get some of those arrangements done pretty soon. You have about two months, right? But still...those months could potentially go by fast for you. owo I personally like to plan in well advance (at least 6 months to a year) for cons. Do you at least got your con pass for it?

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

You're welcome! ^_^

Speaking of accidental cosplays, I know of a YouTuber that went to a convention and some people thought they were from a yaoi series from the way that they were dressed. owo My point is that you're not the only one who has accidentally cosplayed as something. XD

LOL. It's fun when that happens.

So I have a thought running over and over in my head that happened to me on Sunday. It was one of those *The Hell* moments. I can't stop thinking of how funny and not funny it was.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

I feel you. D:

Yeah, I suppose that reduces planning for a con when you don't have to worry about cosplaying for it.

You should probably get some of those arrangements done pretty soon. You have about two months, right? But still...those months could potentially go by fast for you. owo I personally like to plan in well advance (at least 6 months to a year) for cons. Do you at least got your con pass for it?

Ohhhhhh yeah. I'm getting it mailed to me this time around. That way, I don't have to stand in line when I get there, lol. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

You're welcome! ^_^

LOL. It's fun when that happens.

So I have a thought running over and over in my head that happened to me on Sunday. It was one of those *The Hell* moments. I can't stop thinking of how funny and not funny it was.

Lol. I know, right? XD

Oh? What happened on Sunday?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

I feel you. D:

Ohhhhhh yeah. I'm getting it mailed to me this time around. That way, I don't have to stand in line when I get there, lol. sweatdrop

Well, I like to plan that ahead, but sometimes, I finish a prop and/or cosplay a few weeks before the actual convention. sweatdrop

Oh, that's nice, but it's a bit weird to get a pass in the mail. As far as I'm aware, conventions over here don't mail passes to attendees. You can still pre-register by buying an 'all days' or VIP pass online (or at certain events that convention advertises itself at), but you don't get it in the mail. You can pickup your pass either on a 'early pickup' day before a convention starts or the 'pre-registered' line during convention hours.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 am
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

So I teach a Sunday school class at my church. The congregation specializes on unmarried adults between 18-30. My class consist of three guys and two girls. So after my lesson the girls and I end up on the couch chatting about guys and I mention that there are two that like me. So we go on the subject.

I mention one was a student in my class and he's not the prettiest on the eyes and the younger responds with 'Ew'. The other one she didn't know so I give a description and mention he's better looking then the boy in my class. So they go into the next class and I go help in the kitchen for the monthly church dinner. In which said boy also helps out in.

So after the last class finishes everyone in the class, plus the boy ends up at the table. I sit next to him and the younger girl sits across. She starts to flirt up a storm and use pick up lines. The boy of course is kind of embarrassed, but intrigued. To make it less awkward I pull out my phone and start adding to the pick up lines so it becomes fun.

He soon gets hungry and goes back for more food and I follow so I can throw my plate away. We get on the topic of the girls flirty behavior and he admits that he kind of likes it, but he also mentions there's another girl he's interested in and when I press him on it he shuts up. He knows I don't go around telling people things so I think it's me that he likes.

So we go back and when he leaves again the younger girl turns to me and calls dibs then proceeds to throw her brother on me as a date option. Kind of like a 'I'll take the guy you like, but I like you enough to give you my brother'. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:23 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

So I teach a Sunday school class at my church. The congregation specializes on unmarried adults between 18-30. My class consist of three guys and two girls. So after my lesson the girls and I end up on the couch chatting about guys and I mention that there are two that like me. So we go on the subject.

I mention one was a student in my class and he's not the prettiest on the eyes and the younger responds with 'Ew'. The other one she didn't know so I give a description and mention he's better looking then the boy in my class. So they go into the next class and I go help in the kitchen for the monthly church dinner. In which said boy also helps out in.

So after the last class finishes everyone in the class, plus the boy ends up at the table. I sit next to him and the younger girl sits across. She starts to flirt up a storm and use pick up lines. The boy of course is kind of embarrassed, but intrigued. To make it less awkward I pull out my phone and start adding to the pick up lines so it becomes fun.

He soon gets hungry and goes back for more food and I follow so I can throw my plate away. We get on the topic of the girls flirty behavior and he admits that he kind of likes it, but he also mentions there's another girl he's interested in and when I press him on it he shuts up. He knows I don't go around telling people things so I think it's me that he likes.

So we go back and when he leaves again the younger girl turns to me and calls dibs then proceeds to throw her brother on me as a date option. Kind of like a 'I'll take the guy you like, but I like you enough to give you my brother'. xp

Ah, I see.

And what the shell? I don't get why younger girl would go for the boy after she had said 'Ew' earlier about him. I also don't get why then go for the boy you like and throw her brother pretty much under the bus towards you. -_-

But I can see how that was a funny and not so funny moment kind of thing though.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

Ah, I see.

And what the shell? I don't get why younger girl would go for the boy after she had said 'Ew' earlier about him. I also don't get why then go for the boy you like and throw her brother pretty much under the bus towards you. -_-

But I can see how that was a funny and not so funny moment kind of thing though.

No. There is two boys that like me. The first one she was like 'ew', but the second one is the boy that I like and she was flirting with.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

Ah, I see.

No. There is two boys that like me. The first one she was like 'ew', but the second one is the boy that I like and she was flirting with.

Ah, okay. I got it now. I totally misread between the two boys in your story. I got them mixed up. sweatdrop  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

Ah, I see.

Ah, okay. I got it now. I totally misread between the two boys in your story. I got them mixed up. sweatdrop

Partly my fault as well.

So yeah. Weird right. Now to see who wins. Youth and energy or mature and smart.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. I know, right? XD

Ah, I see.

Partly my fault as well.

So yeah. Weird right. Now to see who wins. Youth and energy or mature and smart.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. As in, why would Person A start to flirt with Person X in a competition sense against Person B, who is genuinely interested in Person X, after hearing about that Person B likes Person X? Why suddenly go for someone that you haven't been interested in before until someone else came into the picture, you know? Although, I'm not sure if younger girl did have an interest in him before you had said something though. *shrugs*

I'm going to take a gander here, but you're the mature and smart one, yes? Because I root for the mature and smart person. No offense, if you were the other though. sweatdrop

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:28 am
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

I feel you. D:

Well, I like to plan that ahead, but sometimes, I finish a prop and/or cosplay a few weeks before the actual convention. sweatdrop

Oh, that's nice, but it's a bit weird to get a pass in the mail. As far as I'm aware, conventions over here don't mail passes to attendees. You can still pre-register by buying an 'all days' or VIP pass online (or at certain events that convention advertises itself at), but you don't get it in the mail. You can pickup your pass either on a 'early pickup' day before a convention starts or the 'pre-registered' line during convention hours.

Yeah, most cons I've gone to still do that; Otakon's only started mailing badges in the past year or two...  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff