[PRP] nervous energy (oliver & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm
    "Is that her name?" He scoffed. "Yeah, she's the one who wheeled off and hit me. Only thing I regret is not hitting her back." He wondered, briefly, if that was how Shiloh felt when he got into fights.

He tried to settle down. "A warg guide sounds like a good idea though. Even if it doesn't matter or whatever you have in your head, it's..." Ollie thought about it for a second, "You can't completely put an eyewitness account to waste, you know what I mean? Even if the laws get so radically changed that wargs are nothing like they are now, there's still something that could be taken away from a guide like that. It would simply go from being a viable resource for magic as it stands and go to being a part of history, but still." He had his hands stuffed in his pockets. "It'd be better than anything we have now. As it stands, almost none of the classes have anything to compare to. Not even the Nobles."

"If I were more inclined to accept my Moonwalker side, I'd consider writing an account on it myself. Maybe not so much a guide, but... just a list of things to expect. A tool someone could read if they found themselves going through the same scary scenarios of turning, so they could know they're not alone, so they could know what to prepare for..."

"But I digress. You should let me read your guide sometime." He smiled at Nasir, "I do enjoy a good read. Even if it's not done."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm
Nasir's nose wrinkled up a bit, his glasses nudged further up at that response. He was not exactly happy to hear that Preacher had been the one that done it, especially considering he had fed her super awesome nachos.

Then he was nodding with a sigh. "I guess I meant more ... because we're potentially changing things and it may not be the same." His fingers twitched idly, making motions without thought (it was practice). "You're right, though, that it's good to have something because we don't have anything to work with. At all." It kind of sucked, to be honest, that there was little to no information for them to work with.

He smiled at Ollie a moment later. "I wouldn't mind changing it up though, so that it can cover a moonwalker's perspective. I think that would be good to have because then it would just be for wargs but also for moonwalkers." His face heated a little bit, a hand rubbing at a cheek. "I don't have it with me but I'll bring it by sometime for you to look at- what I have so far, I mean."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:37 pm
    Oliver was eerily silent for a moment. It wasn't that he meant to be creepy, but he had a certain... quality now. Maybe it was his magic, the air of death he had a tendency to carry now, the uneasy anxiety that was ever present in the back of his head. The tension broke as he looked up to speak, "Would you be alright with my input?"

His own face got a little heated. Oliver Beaumont flustered rather easily at times; "I mean, if you wanted it to be a... dual thing. You're clearly not a moonwalker, and I'd rather there be a... a resource for people like me too. You know." He wiggled his fingertips, "The 'I didn't ask for it' crew."

He seemed to relax though. "Even still, I mean, I'm obviously not a warg, but if you needed any help with the syntax and writing... I made decent grades in English..."

Oliver made straight A's actually, if only because anything less sent him reeling into a self loathing panic, but that was besides the point.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 pm
Nasir blinked, looking a little perplexed at Ollie's reaction (though whatever quality had was not at all a bother; the other young man wearing death about him did not phase Nasir, not when he was a dear friend). "Why ... wouldn't I? I mean, I wouldn't ask if I wasn't alright with it."

He fidgeted and pushed away his own brief uncertainty. "I think it would be good if it covered both and, like you said, the 'I didn't ask for it' crew." Too many of them had found the magic foisted upon them with no guidance, no clear way to go and stumbling through things.

"Besides ..." His face heated. "I could probably use help with the syntax and going over it. I have a BA in applied mathematics," Nasir was that kind of nerd and most never realized it, "and always had to get my papers proofread to make sure they made sense."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm
    "M... Mathematics?" Oliver balked, "You?"

He stopped. If he looked mildly embarrassed before, he looked absolutely mortified now.

"N-N-Not that I ever doubted your intelligence or anything like that!" His hands had shot up in front of himself submissively, "I just—I never took you for math—I just didn't think, I mean I knew—I figured you were in school or been through school or something just not for math I mean you're still smart I knew this I knew this I just, I just—I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything, just—"

Oh boy.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm
Nasir reached out almost immediately, his fingers curling around Ollie's hand and lowering it slowly. It wasn't hard to ease a little bit of that embarrassment or mortification, take it in himself, just because there was touch of it in him already (as he always got a little sigh about talking about himself).

"Ollie, it's alright," he said with a soft smile, "I'm not insulted or anything. It's fine. Really. I mean ... it isn't exactly obvious that I'm a math nerd unless you're in the kitchen with me or I'm tutoring because I don't talk about it." Then, as if thinking about it. "I know you don't think badly of me or ... whatever. Except, maybe, when I'm telling people I barely met that I might be a warg."

There was an amused look in those brown eyes of his.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm
    The contact, sure enough, made all of Oliver's emotions dull ever slightly. It was enough to pull him back from the edge at least. "T-That was pretty moronic of you." He huffed, the aggression clearly—well, clear to an empath like Nasir—a byproduct of his own embarrassment.

"I always did quite well in math. Music theory can be fairly math intensive when it comes to—" He caught himself, sighed, looked flustered still. "E-Either way, I did good in... um... all of my subjects, actually. I had to. So." He forced himself to look up at Nasir, "I can be of some assistance, I'm sure."

He huffed.

"Anyway. That aside. We came here for a distraction, didn't we?" He motioned (one handed, the other was still occupied) to the Otherworld around them.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces