Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] They Were All Yellow (Chester & Preacher) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 am
wizard cancer

Chester thought for a second. "I'm that too." He looked down, racking his brain for the actual wording he'd used. All he could come up with was 'fighting mink' and 'orbs'.

"You know, that haiku by world renowned wordsmith C. Poole." He sat up tall and raised his nose in the air.

"Thine orbs are yellow
Pink as cotton candy, bro
You are the top mink.
"

When he looked back at her, he had to press his lips together to keep from laughing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:21 pm
morning

He moved his hand on top of hers, stifling a yawn at first, then bringing the back of his other hand up to cover it instead.

"I feel better already." Chester watched her once he'd settled again, his expression satisfied, pleased, content, all of the things being comfortable and with Preacher made him feel. Eventually, he squinted.

"They were more... peach there for a second, I think. I'm not sure I've seen that color before."

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm
this is awkward okay

"I don't, so I won't." He hadn't really liked the idea of interrupting anyway, but he'd do pretty much anything she asked once. Chester had to pause following her second question as well, not only because he knew the answer rather immediately, but because the thought of her eyes going purple anywhere but here actually got him a little miffed.

"I haven't. But that doesn't mean they don't. Maybe at the station sometimes...?" He certainly hoped not.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:24 pm
wizard cancer

"Oh ********," she said, again. Preacher abruptly burst into laughter; she'd been trying to hold it in, but she just couldn't. "I...I remember." It was kind of hard to talk while laughing. "Wooo woo woo woo." She snorted when she laughed, too, her face crinkling up.

Slowly, overcome by mirth, she slid to the floor. It just so happened that she maneuvered it so that Preacher could lean against Chester's leg. She looked up at him. "I feel like I should start uh book o' poetry. Of your poetry. For me." Preacher grinned and laughed again.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:47 pm
movies

The menu screen blasted music as she grabbed a couple cans of soda. Then she hopped back on the couch, passing one to Chester. It was some dumb movie, but she didn't like watching movies alone - she had trouble focusing on them.

Preacher glanced over at Chester. "Can ya watch a movie sideways?" It was asked as though it was a Very Important Question.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:54 pm
this is awkward okay

"Good. I don' want that either." The smile she shot him turned a little sly. "Well, lemme know if ya see 'em go purple? No one's commented on it at work, though..." She poked at another slice.

"I kinda wanna see if I can force 'em ta change, somehow."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 pm
morning

If anyone had ever told her she'd have been content to lay in bed with someone and feel content and not immediately just leave.... she'd have kicked them and called them stupid, among other things. "T-that's damn weird," she stammered out, although she didn't duck her head. "Yours are always blue." She turned her hand under his so she could lace their fingers together. This was dumb.

"Too blue. I'm gon' have to arrest you."

smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:56 pm
wizard cancer

"I'd be honored." He chuckled, running his fingers lightly through the hair at her temples and tucking some of it behind her ear. "At least as long as you didn't show anyone. Or, well, I guess you could show someone, just don't say they're from me. Not that I'm embarrassed or anything, not of us, it's just... these poems are horrible."

Chester laughed again as he shook his head.

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:58 pm
this is awkward okay

"To purple specifically?" That might be as awkward as interrupting foreplay for selfies. "We could try making you warmer or colder? Or I could see what they do when you shift?" Surprising or tickling her would probably work better, but he didn't think either would go over well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 pm
movies

"Can I personally? Like me just sitting there with my head tilted to one side? Or lying down?" He held up his can for a second, then cracked it open. "It might be difficult to drink this sideways, but far from impossible with a straw or drinking breaks. Or was this a hypothetical? For anyone?" Chester sipped. She had sounded serious, so she got a serious ramble.

"The short answer is, yes, I could. Why do you ask?"

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 pm
morning

Yes, this was a little dumb. But he only seemed to feel that way when he was too far away from it, which was definitely not now. Chester grinned stupidly, briefly pinching his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Is that a new law? Well, you're the one who would know. Does anyone keep those old, proper handcuffs anymore, or is everyone required to use plastic zip ties now?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:04 pm
wizard cancer

She made a small sound of contentment at the way his fingers brushed through her hair. '-not of us.' Preacher turned to look at him, an odd expression on her face. Something possessive curled within her and she wasn't sure if she liked it or not. It didn't bear commenting on.

"Well, I love 'em." She grinned. "Ya should write me 'nough ta fill tha book. Or d'ya want me to write you some?"  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:15 pm
this is awkward okay

She shook her head. "Nah, I think temp ain't got anythin' ta do with it. Like m'eyes have been all pink when I've been cozy warm or a bit chilly." Of course, her remembrance of when her eyes had been pink was mostly defined by Chester's presence. She'd have to gather outside intel.

Abruptly, she launched herself towards the table, landing on it as a mink. She scuttled over to Chester and nudged her way under his hand. "Yo." Still pink.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:24 pm
morning

She stifled a giggle. It seemed weird to call Chester Poole cute, but the way he'd caught his bottom lip between his teeth was cute... or sexy. Or both, she decided. "Yeah, very serious law. N' most use zip-ties; I gotta pair of regular on in my desk, but I think I prefer hands."

In a flurry of movement, Preacher had flipped herself up to straddle him, pulling his arms above his head. "Under arrest." She wrinkled her nose in amusement, her eyes darkening.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm
movies

There he went with his explanations and making everything more complicated than it needed to be. But she listened, because he took the time to say it and because she liked hearing how his thought processes work. "Ya like ta make it complicated," she said fondly.

Preacher reached up to muss up his hair. It looked like operation get Chester to put his head in her lap so that she could mess with his hair was a bust.

smerdle

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces